Is it true: Season Ticket Holders Being Pressured

Discussion in 'Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear' started by CloakNNNdagger, May 25, 2011.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

...........to put down their money (without guarantee of a season or full season).................or they will lose their seats or possibly their PSL? I've heard from several ticket holders that this is going on now.

2. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Yes. I have actual email correspondence from my rep. I'd be happy to forward it to you in its entirety. I am absolutely disgusted... not at my rep, she's great, just the Texans. I am tired of being bullied out of my money. This is a bullshit move. Shame on them...

No more nice guy.

3. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Wow!!!! You should post the letter here. That is some BS!!! What an absolute joke of an organization. Bunch of money hungry sons of bitches is what they are.

4. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

You HAVE to pay for your season tickets each year or you lose your PSL.
    If there isn't a season or games are missed, they will give a refund or apply to the next year. Made my last payment couple of weeks ago and now they get to keep my money till they decide to settle this mess.

5. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Refund + 1% interest should there be no season.

6. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

And my money makes 13% interest where it's at now. They are trying to fleece you.

Drew_Smoke likes this.
  7. CloakNNNdagger

Such a deal. Let me see. On a $1000 dollar seat, you get $10 back. That wouldn't even make up for the rate of inflation. The way inflation is going, especially with food, I would dare say, many fans would find better use of their money immediately than having it sit in the owner's coffers while they wait to see if and when the season begins, something that has always been in their ultimate control. It is bad enough that this season is likely to be compromised of quality even if it is "salvaged." If $10 can be considered by the owner to be adequate "compensation," then I suggest that it should be an adequate deposit for the fan.:mcnugget:

8. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Cant you just see BoB sitting around his office saying how can we fleece the fans this yr.

Then Rootes says lets offer them 1% it will eqaul $10 per fan. Then BoB says that's a great idea. That'why we hired you Jamey. I will give you a 1% raise, but now you need go tell the other FO personell that we are going to implement a 1 week furlough each month until the lockout ends.

I'm about sick of these greedy bast**ds.

9. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

I don't see what the big deal is! It's a business every thing has to run in order. What are they suppose to do wait to the last minute and say OK lock out is over everybody hurry up give us your money. We are talking over tens of thousands of people you have to keep organized so that come football time everything is in order and everyone is paid up.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost lol football :D

Yep, that's exactly what they should do.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...-seasonticket-renewals-until-lockout-ends/rss

11. CloakNNNdagger

If the owner is threathening, but justifies it with a possible 1% refund, you're right, it's just business.............the fans are the ones "getting the business." And if the fan really wants to enjoy "the business," if there is no season, they can keep their money in the owner's pocket for more than a year and let it roll over to next season...........and, maybe, get back a whopping 1% in return.........could come in handy for filling a 2-3 gallon gas can you can keep in the trunk in case you run out gas while idling on Kirby waiting to get to your parking spot. :spin:

Kimmy likes this.
  12. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

I want to know where you're investing, I'd take a steady 13%.

Donny already beat me to it...the Giants aren't charging their folks a DIME until the lockout ends.

Drew_Smoke likes this.
  13. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

The way I look at from a business perspective is How do you know who is in and who is out. If you dont have anyone paying because there is a lock out, you don't know who is really in and who is out. If the lock out gets settled right before the season starts or in pre season the organization would find it self having alot of empty seats because they didnt know what seat were available to sell ahead of time.

14. CloakNNNdagger

Isn't that THEIR problem. Shouldn't that have been thought about BEFORE instituting the lockout. There's a saying that is couseled to procrastinators and bipolar patients when they complain about the havoc they have created and has come back to bite them in the butt.........

:francis:

15. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

[QUOTE=disaacks3;1704412]I want to know where you're investing, I'd take a steady 13%.

Donny already beat me to it...the Giants aren't charging their folks a DIME until the lockout ends.[/QUOTE]

No kidding!

16. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Exactly! I really cannot begin to fathom how people can support this greedy behavior by the sob's at One Reliant Park.

17. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

I paid my invoice like normal, haven't been bullied or anything like that.

I am however not happy about having to pay for the tickets during the lockout even though it's refundable.

18. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Haha. It's called getting smart but mostly small caps and some junk bonds. My dad really taught me a lot. I'll PM you some details after work. If I forget, remind me.

19. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

They are doing what the IRS does when you overpay into your taxes. They are "borrowing" that money and reaping the interest benefits. It is a slap in my face to be forced into this at 1% and the Texans know this. I'm going with 13% for the sake of this thread... 12% of 70k seats paid in full is a hell of a lot of interest for them. One percent for me? Eat my shorts. Truth be told, I don't care so much abut the $100. Its the slap in the face that's got me a bit... upright. 1%? I'm Deaf. Not stupid.

CloakNNNdagger likes this.
  20. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

There is clearly not enough indignation in this thread.