Is Gary Kubiak as nice a guy as we are told?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TheRealJoker, Jan 7, 2011.

1. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

It was hilarious how badly Kubiak threw his 2nd handpicked Dc under the bus at the end of the season. He even blamed the uncharacteristic special teams problems this year on Frank Bush pullong the quality STers due to injuries!!! I keep hearing Kubiak is a "nice guy" but that is 2 DCs in a row HE PICKED that he threw under the bus to save his own ass.

At least Wade Phillips went down with his assistants in Buffalo despite being given the opportunity to pull a Kubiak.

2. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

I saw him kick a puppy once.

3. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

He's been pretty f'ing mean to me for quite some time. I guess that counts as a "no" from me. :foottap:

4. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

I remember when he screamed at Schaub in the Carolina game in 2007.

Texans scored 34 unanswered after that. lol

5. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

He didn't throw Marciano under the bus at all. What he said was Marciano was having to deal with different players all the time due to injuries. For the most part Kubiak doesn't like starters playing special teams. So the opposite is true. He was defending Marciano as having to deal with new players all the time with LB's and TE's going down.

6. J_R

J_R Hall of Fame

Gary's a good kid. A tough kid. A kid who also has great character. Always battle coachin' out there, bustin' his tail off. That's all you can ask for. Just gotta keep fightin' and pushing through and he'll get to where he wants to be, I have no doubts.

7. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

I disagree... but he is on the right track.

8. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

He stole my bike in 4th grade...

9. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I heard his eyes sometimes go all black with some kind of oily substance. I notified Mulder and Scully.

10. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Who's brilliant idea was it to have SS returning kick offs? Bueller? Bueller?
    It must be the last name that does it. Pelosi stated it's Bush's fault that Dems lost control of congress last November. I wonder if they're related....

11. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Remember Carr didn't like being yelled at..... & I think I've heard at least two players say that Kubiak can & frequently does get nasty.....

He just keeps his cool in public, & on the sidelines. I kinda like that really.

12. texanhead08

texanhead08 Hall of Fame

Guys this ones on me . Its hard to win in this league. The kids played hard but in the end we just came up short.

13. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

This happens all of the time. Blame somebody else to save your job.

I hope Gary is meaner to his underachieving players than he has been in the past.

Garys' problems have nothing to do with this. His problems are his inability to think on his feet. Go off script/Timeout useage/Replay Challenges etc.....

14. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Kubes does seem to have a problem when the fur is flying. He should hire an assistant just for replays. He sux at 'em.

15. GP

GP Go Texans!

EFF the man.

You guys realize what has now happened?

a. Vikings make their interim coach the HC.
    b. Cowboys make their interim coach the HC.
    c. Giants retain their HC.
    d. Bengals retain their HC.
    e. Dolphins retain their HC.
    f. Jags retain their HC.
    g. Chargers retain their HC.
    h. 9ers hire Harbaugh
    i. Broncos want our o-coord

That leaves the Panthers, Browns, and Raiders seeking new head coaches. With the Raiders possibly hiring within.

NINE teams who each could have pursued Bill Cowher. Two teams, Panthers and Browns, who didn't immediately reach out and make a highly public effort to get Bill Cowher in for an interview. With Cowher alluding that he will probably stay in TV for another year.

And I am supposed to discuss if Gary is a nice person or not.

The real story, folks, is how incredibly dense, or cheap, or short-sighted, or ignorant, or foolish Bob McNair is for not taking advantage of a situation.

Which is what happens with this team, too: Unable to capitalize on situations.

It's only fitting.

I don't want to stay on topic, either. Gary Kubiak is an obstacle now.

But we got Bum's boy out of it. Super Bowl bound now. The highest paid DC is somehow going to nullify or make up for the HC's well-documented mistakes, in addition to sporting a great defense next year. And could possibly become, drum roll please....OUR interim head coach! LOL. YAY!

What a perfect storm was in existence for us to get Cowher! It all came together except for Bob McNair.

16. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

[​IMG]

TexansFanatic likes this.
  17. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Maybe all those other teams passing on Cowher is telling. He might only be a hot commodity in the eyes of other media types. If Cowher and Gruden were such end-all be-all, coaching gurus, they would have teams falling all over themselves fighing for them. There HAS to be a reason they aren't. Where there's no smoke, their usually isn't a fire. San Diego is almost custom-made for Cowher. Denver too, now that I think about it. Just saying....

18. GP

GP Go Texans!

LOL.

OK, OK, I honestly laughed at myself when I saw that photo.

So true, so true....

"Dr. Leo! Dr. Leo! You didn't return my phone call, Dr. Leo!"

19. GP

GP Go Texans!

I have thought about that, too.

We also don't know that each of those teams have or haven't called Cowher's agent, and Cowher's agent said "Thanks, but not thanks."

If it's widely known that Cowher wants one specific team, maybe the other fish are scared off?

But, "Yes," it is possible that Cowher wants to coach more than any team actually wants HIM. It's possible.

I just think that's a lot of teams to pass on a guy who did pretty well in Pittsburgh. It wasn't a fluke. It was a sustained legacy there.

20. Kimmy

Kimmy RealGirls LvFB!

We saw James Casey once at some radio thing and I asked him the same thing. He never showed any fire on the sidelines, so I flat out asked James if he did in the locker room.

James kinda laughed and was like, "Oh yeah, you have NO IDEA how bad we get chewed"

That satisfied me ... till the next loss.