Is Demeco pulling a Mario?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Apr 23, 2012.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Hope it's just an Eagle "misunderstanding/misinterpretation!"

Ryans embracing fans, new home in Philly

2. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

They've been talking about this on the radio and it's been blowing up on Twitter.

3. MistaRed

MistaRed All Pro

I personally don't see anything wrong with what he said. The things he said about the fan base and the city are accurate. Philly is widely known as one of the most diehard sports cities in the U.S.

4. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Meh, no foul there.

Best of luck to Demeco. Hope he doesn't catch a bullet in a drive-by.

5. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I don't really have a problem with what he said.

I hope he understands what these Philly fans are like when things aren't going so peachy. If not, he's in for a rude awakening.

6. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

He'll find out that their fans greatest strength is also their greatest weakness . He'll only be as good as his last play and when he slumps they'll turn on him .

7. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

I don't see it that way at all. I didn't see him really trash Houston in any way. That's honestly the way it is.

8. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

Nothing wrong with what DeMeco said. The reporter's side jabs at Houston felt like someone talking about an ex-girlfriend though, what the hell was that?

I understand it's sports writing and there's more leeway than in most other forms to express some sort of opinion, but as someone who has a degree in journalism, I hardly consider this article worthy of that title.

9. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Demeco who? Said it when he was drafted and he is no longer a Texan so who cares? Besides what did he say that is not true? Some folks complaining remind me of college or even high schoolers getting radical cause someone dissed their school. Houston is what it is love it or not.
    Sure there are a few fans that are knowledgeable but many are weekend warriors and their money spends the same as mine.

I enjoyed your play while here Mr. Ryans.

10. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    I wholly agree with MistaRed & Playoffs, I don't see anything wrong or even derogatory towards Houston, it's all fact.

Then before I could pipe in with my :twocents: HOU-TEX & HE34 make the point that I was gonna add. Though Meco doesn't screw up much, just wait till the fans start riding him like a 2 bit fair pony. I understand them folks up there can be the most brutal fans in the league. Let him miss a tackle that goes for a TD and he won't be able to hail a cab. :kitten:

That said, I wish Meco the best.

11. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Wrong. There are a ton of Cowboys fans in Philly. I have lived in both places and can safely say he is going to start missing Texas. That historic area is nice when you visit however once that wears off you have to start living there.

Also he would be better off in the "burbs" in Philly tool. Pennsylvania has some real nice / pretty areas and downtown Philly is not one of them.

12. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    And starting over again in a new city that has embraced him more in a month than Houston did in half a decade.

^^^^^^^^^^^That isn't true at all. I didn't want to see Demeco go and I plan on following his career, wherever it may lead because I was a fan of him personally. But this piece is journalistic hit-and-run bull****. Writing a slam article on Philidelphia would be so easy JOHN ****ING MCCLAIN could do it.

13. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

Wasn't it Philly where they threw beer bottles at Santa. So they love football but hate Santa, sounds like a great place to live.

I think most of what Meco said is fairly factual with an ever so slight tinge of animosity. We traded the guy, he's entitled to be a little upset. However he's extremely smart and knows that this is a business.

I wish him the best, and good luck. Good luck in Philly as well, they may have a lot of American history but its a Major Northeastern Cluster F City. I'd rather drive 20 minutes to get everywhere rather than live in a Brwonstone with no yard and 20 neighbors seperated by 6" of framing and drywall.

GP likes this.
  14. Rey

Rey Guest

I don't have a problem with what he said, but I think his curosity will be quenched as far as seeing what other cities are like.

I doubt he'll finish his career in Philly either.

15. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

The things he said aren't accurate at all. Don't confuse whiny obnoxious sports fan with "knowledgable" sports fan... which is exactly what DeMeco has done. But, I get it.. they're kissing his ass right now and are making him feel like the prettiest girl in the room after we essentially dumped his ass for a younger model. Sour grapes.

Oh and DeMeco is completely off his rocker if he really thinks there are only Eagles fans there... been there and saw just as much black n gold as I did eagles green.. saw way more black n gold than I see Cowboy jerseys here.

16. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Ryans is right, a good number of fans in Houston are good with just making the playoffs. That's not good enough for Philly fans. I wish Texans fans held management to the same level of expectations that Philly fans do. I mean 9-7 was trumpeted as some sort of accomplihment by BoB/Rick/Gary. That would be considered a disappointment in Philly.

As far as living in Philthy-delphia good luck with that DeMeco. Hope you survive the random drive-bys,Cold weather/run down city experience.

nero THE zero likes this.
  17. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Everything DeMeco said was fact.

18. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

I agree with the consensus, everything he said about Houston is entirely accurate.

The unwarranted and untrue criticisms come from the reporter.

19. JamesBill

JamesBill Veteran

if he chose to live outside the loop that's his fault, not Houston's.

since the eagles didn't even make the playoffs, any talk on the football side is crazy

20. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

That wasn't the case when I was there mid 80's through mid 90's. Probably because the Steelers weren't that good during those years. I was an outspoken Oilers fan and rarely encountered Steelers fans.