InVinceble

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by WILLIEG, Jan 7, 2006.

1. WILLIEG

WILLIEG Veteran

The new Vinsanity

By Larry Beil, Yahoo! Sports
    January 7, 2006

And suddenly, the Houston Texans, who lost to the Niners in the so-called Reggie Bush Bowl, almost have to take Vince with the top pick. Young is from Houston and nothing sells season tickets like a hometown hero. The Texans can ship David Carr off for draft picks.

Bush will certainly forego his senior season, but the Rose Bowl raised more questions than answers about the 2005 Heisman Trophy winner. Bush does something that makes your jaw drop in every game and he had two of those moments against Texas. The "oh no, are you insane lateral" that cost USC a scoring opportunity in the first half and the patented Superman flight into the end zone on a 26-yard dash down the sidelines.

The speed of the Texas defense prevented Bush from dominating the game, which makes you wonder how he'll do against a whole group of big angry fast men, like the Chicago Bears.

You had the sense that Bush was bottled up most of the night. But the stats show Bush had 19 touches on offense (13 rushing, 6 receiving) for a total of 177 yards. That's 9.3 yards per attempt. Bottom line – I still love Reggie, but don't ever think of pitching the ball again.

Compared to Young, Leinart seemed merely mortal. In terms of speed and power. It was like a Clydesdale versus a Ferrari. Leinart passed for 365 yards and a touchdown, but when Texas brought the heat, Leinart couldn't make plays with his feet – the ballroom dancing did not pay off. At times, Leinart had that Kerry Collins, lumbering-in-quicksand-look to him. Scary for a team with a bad offensive line – like everybody at the top of the draft.

swtbound07 likes this.
  2. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

I am tired of the media saying the Texans "have to take Bush/Young".

3. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

4. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

at least somebody is bringing the news.......a new poster who brings factual content...im amused with this novel idea

5. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

True. The only thing I scrounged up today was Major Applewhite news.

6. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Factual...eh.. some of it I suppose.. the article doesnt really tell me anything.

We have to take Vince.. he loves Bush.. Lienart is a pocket passer.

No we dont. Everyone loves Bush. and Duh.

7. dirty steve

dirty steve Hall of Fame

awesome--an ESPN washout giving us our "inside" info.