Interview with David Carr from Profootballweekly.com

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Fiddy, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

There are more questions at the website... http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/NFL+Features/2004/carr012605.htm

2. TheTim5125

TheTim5125 Veteran

reading that makes me want the season to come back....7 months before the first preseason game...

3. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

This moment was Carr's favorite.

4. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

that shows some leadership skills there.

5. Texan in Japan

Texan in Japan All Pro

Leadership skills: Absolutely! If we can get that zone blocking scheme solid and help him with a better C & TE, next year we'll see truly what we have in Carr. I'm really hoping that Dom & Palmer will cut him loose and let him play like he did in the Minny game.

6. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

I cant wait until Carr gets an actuall offensive line hes gonna take the NFL by storm.

7. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

:howdy: Bottle how many TEs are in the Hall of Fame. Why was Tony Gonzales holding out ? He wanted wide reciever money. The Eagles just signed a constuction worker to play in the super bowl as a TE. They're really not going to make or break you. Their not the cake not the icing but the sprinkles. JMO

8. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

me personally think that if billy was on the field more good things would happen, if are o-line improves next season we should give him a try, he has really good hands

9. Cheroqui

Cheroqui Veteran

Some people don't feel like their cone is complete without the sprinkles.

Hell they could be the walnuts, the cherry, the fudge, or the crushed oreo's but I still think it would help. Some of the teams that beat us, while maybe not beating us with their TE shure used them to get those first downs and positive yardage. green Bay sticks in my mind. Having a Bubba Franks, Shannon Sharpe, or a Shockey (yeah I know, well how great of a season did he have? (still had TD's though) would help. You can't forget a Mark Bavaro either. The more people you can send out without the QB getting sacked, the better. 4 WR sets isn't something I recall seeing too often from us either. Not too hard to stop 2 wideouts at a time, when you know that most likely that TE's isn't going to release.

10. BornOrange

BornOrange All Pro

How many teams have won the Super Bowl without solid production from the TE spot?

If there are any (I can't think of anyone offhand), there aren't many.

I'm not talking Pro Bowl level production, but at least above average production.

The TE is vital to success in red zone and short yardage situations whether thru blocking or catching tough passes. It is no coincidence that good teams succeed in those situations. And it is no coincidence that good teams almost always have good TE's.

11. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Takes a 15y/o to have a little common sense!! Good observation dunta! There's not a TE in the NFL that can prove his worth if he's not given the chance. Billy just happens to be one of David's favorite targets. It's just to bad the powers that be won't let him throw to him more.

12. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

Who are the Pats TE's right now. I don't remember any of them since a guy named Benjamin Coates. They bring in a LB to play the TE position at the goaline.

13. BornOrange

BornOrange All Pro

This year the Patriots TE's combined for 61 catches and 11 TD's.

Graham 30-7
    Fauria 16-2
    Weaver 8-0
    Klecko 3-0
    Watson 2-0
    Vrabel 2-2

14. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Watson was on IR most of the year so look for him to have more production next season. Watson and Graham are both first round draft picks from the last few Patriot drafts. The Colts drafted a first day TE in the last draft when they had Pollard and Clark (first round pick), as did the Chiefs drafting Kris Wilson (second round pick) on the first day when they had Tony Gonzales. The TE position is critical and one reason we struggle.

15. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

I know you are a B Miller fan but we have guys that can catch the ball and as an added bonus run a lot faster. I like the guy too but he's a liability at TE, basically a slow WR. Put Armstrong or Gaffney on those shorter routes and there's far more offensive efficiency (hence why we run so many 3 WR sets). A TE is almost worthless if he can't block unless he is on elite levels as far as speed, run power etc. All Miller really has is his hands, which all our WRs have.

The fact that Carr threw to BM so much is testament how little time he had with that crappy offensive line. I think half those guys are probably out of the league at this point, and backups if they're lucky.

On a related note, didn't our old friend Steve Herndon make an appearance at RT on the Eagles line during the NFC championship? I couldn't believe my eyes.

16. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

If you're thinking of Jimmy Herndon, he's out of the league. Steve Herndon is a backup OL for the Falcons.

17. JustBonee

JustBonee Hall of Fame

A TE like Gates, who can make some noise, would be great. :thumbup

18. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

My mistake. I felt there had to be something wrong there, because there was no way the Texans Herndon was still on the league.