Interesting Texans stats

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TheRealJoker, Oct 6, 2009.

1. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I'll start with the most interesting:

Texans rank 9th against the pass. And the reason for that is because we are 29th against the run. Which gives us the 25th ranked defense in yardage allowed. The Raiders helped us pad our stats haha.

Texans are at 16th in the league in offense at the quarter mark of the season. 9th in passing but 30th in rushing.

13th ranked offense in pts/game (23.5) and 21st ranked defense in pts/game (23).

2. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Thank you, Raiders.

3. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

As much as the Raiders helped us out, we still rank higher against the pass than their other opponents: The Chargers, Chiefs and Broncos.

4. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

There are lots of bad teams:
    Oakland
    Detroit
    St. Louis
    Cleveland
    Seattle (with Seneca Wallace)
    K.C.
    Tampa Bay
    Carolina

So, I don't think the Texans should apologize for beating the crap out of one of them. Most of the NFL has played at least one of these teams.

5. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

Not related to the OP but another interesting stat I dug up:

"Another statistic, called "Stops," shows how active Davis and Williams, the two inside linebackers, have been. Every time a defender makes a play that holds an offense to less than 40 percent of needed yards on first down, 60 percent on second down, and 100 percent on third and fourth down, they are credited with a stop. Davis and Williams each have 21, tied for eighth in the league. Only two other teams -- the Houston Texans and Tennessee Titans -- have a pair of defenders in the 21-stop club. "

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=4535747

Its from a Football Outsiders article about the Denver defense's turnaround so there isn't anything else about the Texans. I am assuming the two players are Cushing and Ryans.

6. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Yahoo is calling them "Stuffs" and its Diles not Demeco, which actually doesn't surprise me Diles has been all over the place.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/b...FL&year=season_2009&sort=101&timeframe=ToDate

Cushing has 4, tied for 3rd in the league...Diles has 3

7. Jackie Chiles

The FO stat is called "stops", you are mixing that up with tackles for a loss. Apparently two players on our team have at least 21 "stops." Diles could very well be on of our two, it is definitely between those three.

8. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Yeah I caught my mistake and edited.... but Yahoo is tracking something called stuffs, is it the same thing?

9. Jackie Chiles

Different stats, I think as a team we probably have around as many stuffs/tackles for a loss as our top two guys have "stops." 21 each, according to ESPN we have 18 tackles for a loss as team. Both are useful stats though.

10. jppaul

jppaul Cut and Dry

Here's what really cracks me up about that article from FBO, for those who want to *****:

To save people some time, please use the following format for all complaints: <team> is clearly ranked <too high/too low> because <reason unrelated to DVOA>. <subjective ranking system> is way better than this. <unrelated team-supporting or -denigrating comment, preferably with poor spelling and/or chat-acceptable spelling>