Interesting Stat

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by LORK 88, Nov 12, 2005.

?

Who SHould Be Replaced First?

1. Carr needs to go!

7.8%
  2. The O Line needs to be replaced!

92.2%
  1. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

I stumbled across an interesting statistic today and thought it had some significance.

The QB Rating of the 5 teams who've given up the fewest sacks in the NFL is 93.4

The QB Rating of the 5 teams who've given up the most sacks (except Houston) is 76.5

So I pose the question, based on the statistic above, do you think Carr should be relaced or the O Line?

2. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Either the carr haters arent showing themselves or i just helped people see the light!

3. touttail

touttail All Pro

I've stated before, you got to have time to pass and when he does he is shell shocked from being hit so often!

bobby 119C:brickwall

4. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Thats exactly the point I'm trying to get across because too many people seem to have given up on Carr. It just doesnt make sense to give up on hiim til he gets a REAL chance.

5. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Well, if Payton Manning was behind our O-line he wouldn't get sacked as much as Carr. Im by no means a Carr hater, but at the same time, field vision and awareness are very closely related to the number of sacks someone takes in my opinion.

6. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

I agree that Carr's field vision isn't the greatest. I think it might be hard to see what is in front of you when you are worried about what is coming up behind you. Give the kid a chance with a good o line and see if he doesn't improve by leaps and bounds.:texflag:

7. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

I am amazed at the numbers of excuses that you guys can come up with to have the same tired Carr debate.

8. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

I don't think the o-line troubles qualify as an excuse. I think the original poster's point was to give Carr fair terms to play with before writing the book on him.

9. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

And how is that covering new ground???

10. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Until people quit thinking that Vince Young or Reggie Bush will magically lift this team to glory, then I'm going to keep thinking of reasons to defend him.

RTP is right on the money, my original reason for posting this is to show people that the O Line is is just as important to a team as a QB is. My purpose wasn't to make excuses for Carr (trust me, I'm sick of those threads too), I just wanted to give physical evidence that the O Line is extremly significant to the offense, thats all.

11. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

That really isn't evidence...those are stats and stats are deceiving. I'd rather have a QB who can make great decisions in crunch time than give me a great passer rating throwing mostly hitch passes and ONE TD a game.

12. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Games are won and lost in the trenches. Get a new o-line, get new life on offense.

13. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Lemme get this straight.. the teams whos QB is getting sacked the least have a better overrall QB rating than the teams whos QB is getting sacked the most?

YOUR KIDDING ME! who woulda thunk it! Next your gonna tell me the sky is blue.

14. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Poll, aka, "If-David-does-well-I'm-gonna-bust-all-the-haters-rumps-later"-poll!

No way I'm voting, I'll be registered and sh1te :)

15. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

The Colts are #1 in the NFL at protecting their QB (5 sacks allowed)
    The Colts are #1 in the NFL at tackling the oppositions' QB (28 sacks)
    The Colts are the NFL's only undefeated team at 8-0

There's nothing misleading about that. If you tackle the other team's QB while protecting your own, your team will win football games. It doesn't get more fundemental in football than blocking and tackling. If the Texans become proficient in these departments, they'll win more football games. If not, they won't. Regardless of who's playing behind the center.

16. Vinny

Vick and Culpepper have been the most sacked QB's outside of Carr the last few years but they have been playoff teams as they have taken a goofy amount of sacks...but those guys make plays. You can do anything with numbers.

17. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Are you joking? Vick is one of the great RB's in the league...who happens to take snaps. And the Falcons have one of the worst passing offenses in the NFL.

Culpepper is a 265 lb monster who has no fear of the rush. Why should he, he's bigger than many of the guys trying to tackle him. Despite that, Culpepper's sitting at home with 3 torn knee ligaments. Goes around, comes around. Exceptions that prove the rule.

You know why this is funny? Charley Casserly gave the same line about Vick & Culpepper at the start of the season.

18. Vinny

Vick only leads the team to the Championship games and makes plays when he has to make them (what winning QB's do). Only a Texans homer would take Carr over Vick or Culpepper. You guys are amazing.

19. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Look, if you can make the trade for Vick or Culpepper...pull the trigger. Until then, let's hope the Texans get betting at pass blocking.

20. Vinny

I can't make any deals...but I sure can discuss the guys we have. That's all I can do. If you just want to say one set of stats are the definitive reason Carr is this or Carr is that...you just may get an argument on a message board since there are some people who happen to think he is as much of the problem as our line. I think we need a couple of linemen…and a QB, but you are right…I gotta sit back and hope he gets better. That’s all I can do.