Interesting Reggie Bush stat

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Nighthawk, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

From Peter King:

"Reggie Bush Stat of the Day That Bob McNair and Charley Casserly Do Not Want to Hear: In 39 college games, Bush carried the ball more than 20 times only twice."

2. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer All Pro

Why wouldn't they want to hear it? I think they already know this. Quick, give me five running backs who average more than 20 carries in a game in the NFL?

3. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

Well what people are going to argue is that most backs in the NFL don't even carry the ball 20 times (anymore)....with that being said, I'd take Vince over him for the simple fact that he will have the ball in his hands every single snap.

4. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

thats been a known stat since before we had the #1 pick.

He only gets 15 carries a game or so. He touches the ball more with the dump off passes.

He would be one half of a dual threat with him and DD sharing carries. Each getting about 15 a game. Would keep both of them fresh and solve the durability issues DD has been having.

5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

And you want to build the team around that? You must be dreaming.

6. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

How many games did Domanick Davis carry the ball 20 times in college?

Most already agree that he won't be a 20 carry back. What he will be is a 25 touch back. He will get some plays at wide out and in the slot and possibly punt returns in addition to being a running back.

7. Bongo59

Bongo59 Veteran

Bush and McNair would be dynamite...................I think you guys should do whatever it takes to put the heat on bob Mcnair to take VY..............

8. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Edgerrin James, Shaun Alexander, Tiki Barber, Clinton Portis, LaDanian Tomlinson, Rudi Johnson, Larry Johnson, Thomas Jones, Domanick Davis, Cadillac Williams, and Willis McGahee...

9. Wordem

Wordem Veteran

This compared to a freak of nature and talent who will touch the ball every down. This is not a difficult decision. It's easy. VY is the pick. Easy.

10. Bongo59

Bongo59 Veteran

I am floored that you guys really want to give up RBush.............but man am I happy to hear it......................

11. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

hmm.. no I dont want to build a team around that. I want to give my team that luxury. Im not arguing that we should build our team around anyone. We just need to add useful talent to our team and keep getting better.

12. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

ahhhhh, but it's what he could do with that 20 times that might be magic. :hmmm:

13. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

Magic? Seriously? hall of fame....magic.....gale sayers.....legacy...dynasty

All of the hyperbole is making my stomach churn

14. Bongo59

Bongo59 Veteran

want another stat................look at RBush yds per attempt...................then come back and talk to me...............and then compare his yds per attempt to any other RB in history..............then come back and talk this silliness about a QB named VY........................

15. swtbound07

You want him on the titans? freaking take him. Enjoy your bust running back and your old quarterback. I'll take young any day.

16. Bongo59

Bongo59 Veteran

Dude i will come to Houston and Kiss Bob McNairs hind quarters on the 50 yd line of Reliant if you pass on Bush..............and I am not lying.

17. swtbound07

i hope you get your wish? and if he was taht good, new orleans would take him before you got a chance

18. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Please note the "might" in my previous statement. :ok:

I'm not on anyone's bandwagon, to be honest. I see great potential in both Bush and Young.

By all accounts, and this goes from talking heads to proven NFL analysts and scouts, Bush is the REAL DEAL. So please don't belittle him because you're high on Young.

There is room for both of them to be great someday. :)

19. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

Bush actually carried the ball more than Lendale White did this year. It was only 3 more carries (200 vs. 197, 3042yds combined), so you could say that the two split the carries. Either way, that's a pretty potent 1-2 punch.

King should also note that those two games where Bush got 20+ carries, he went nuts.

Fresno St. - 23 Carries 294 yards
    UCLA - 24 Carries 260 Yards

He had another game where he had 20 carries for a pathetic 122 yards (sarcasm) against Oregon.

20. swtbound07

unfair analysis. Know who your talking to. I was down on bush when i was in the dbrick camp. There is room for both to be great. I just dont think one will be. Have always thought this. I trust me more than i trust talking heads.