Interesting Carr comparison posted on the other msg board

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by travfrancis, Feb 10, 2006.

1. travfrancis

travfrancis Veteran

this was posted on the other texans' msg board and thought it deserved to be posted here as well:
    http://www.houstonprofootball.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5544
    :stirpot:

2. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Didn't that same Tim Couch beat the Texans at the end of year 3 which sent us into a downward spiral this past season?

3. TMac48

TMac48 Veteran

I believe it was Jeff Garcia. Couch had moved on already.

4. You could look at plenty of other good QB's, even Hall of Famers with similar stats to spin this argument to your liking.

That was weak. zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

5. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Thanks. Wanted to ask before I said anything.

6. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

Is that the same Tim Couch that had major surgery on his shoulder before being picked up by Green Bay? Also I read an article on him before last years FA, and he had just finished his full rehab and had just gotten laser eye surgery. Apparently his vision wasn't what it was in college. However I can't really knock the guy. He has like $30 million in the bank from salary and sponsors, and now he just wants a chance to show what he can still do. I have no problem with someone who wants to play simply to play and not to get a paycheck.

7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I actually liked Tim Couch.... I thought he never got a fair chance though... maybe in Greenbay, with the right coaching, and a better team....

8. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I will say this about Carr, he never turned on the fan base. He does have some thick skin given the outside of the gridiron abuse, much of it warranted, he has taken.

Couch was exposed and never recovered.

The comparision betweeen the two ends and begins with Chris Palmer and them each being selected #1 in my opinion.

9. and maybe he could recover from the shelacking and injury he sustained while in Cleveland to try to replace a Hall of famer. Nice logic, a little weak, but nice.

10. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Kelly Holcomb was the QB for the Browns that Sunday.

11. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

So you agree that he sucks, but sarcasm on the Go Longhorns part?

Is that a smilie foul or are you just so dern excited that your fingers cant keep up with the swirling euphoria in your head? :)

12. zeplin

zeplin Veteran

Amen Brother. If you have a point of view there is bound to be a stat that will support your opinion. Clevland has beat up a few decent QB over the years. I believe they had similiar problems as the Texans. No OL.:homer:

13. Frills

Frills Veteran

It took Mack 2 years to dumb down the offense enough for Vince, now he has a new QB to learn his system...so figure another year and a half of figuring out what this QB needs to succeed if he ever does.

So in late Oct of 07, these same horns fans who love Mack will be calling for his head after 2 straight beatdowns delivered by Stoops and Co.

Let the horns fans enjoy this while they can...the honeymoon will be over soon

14. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I have never been mad at you Hulk. Yes you have disappointed me at times, but turn that frown upside down Hulkaroo. You have got a lot to be happy about given your no holds barred defense of our QB and his current extension.

15. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Does anyone else get tired of reading and responding to the same post over and over and over again?:violin

Here is to a great up coming year.:fans: Good luck to the whole team.:texflag:

Maybe, just maybe, this is our year to beat the Colts!:monkey:

16. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Terry Bradshaw threw 9 completions in each of his first two Superbowl wins.

(flip side of the coin is Marino and Manning, by far the stat kings. But no rings!)

Stats can be misleading. :howdy:

17. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I think Bob Greise completed less than Bradshaw in a SB .

Bradshaw won two SBs passing the ball . The Steelers re-invented their offense after the first two SBs .

Bradshaw was benched in favor of Jefferson Street Joe Gilliam . He came back better than ever ..... hmm .

18. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

the whole "compare stats" thing has been overdone. Every situation is different.

Couch his first two years:

Games: 22
    Att/Cmp: 614/370
    Cmp %: 60%
    Yards: 3930
    TD/INT: 22/22

Eli Manning

Games: 25
    Att/Cmp: 754/389
    Cmp %: 51%
    Yards: 4805
    TD/INT: 30/26

what does this show?...nada.. Manning took his team to the Playoffs with hardly better stats.

Stats dont lie.. but they dont tell the whole truth either.

19. Dr. Toro

Dr. Toro All Pro

I don't know why Texas football is relevant, but you are right, Texas went to the spread option because Vince is dumb, not because it effectively utilizes his running ability/wins football games. The fact that Texas scrapped a "pro style" offense that underperformed with Chris Simms, Leonard Davis, Mike Williams, Roy Williams, Cedric Benson, Bo Scaife and BJ Johnson is all about Vince Young's intelligence or lack thereof.

Actually, people were calling for Greg Davis' head for years until Vince Young took his game to another level and elevated a skilled but inexperienced offensive unit to the status of a juggernaut. Now Greg Davis is a genius who had to dumb everything down for Vince.

20. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

I'm squarely in the draft Bush and give Carr a chance with Kubiak but this post is crap.......