Interesting Banter with Megan...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by real, Aug 16, 2007.

1. real

real Guest

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsupdate/archives/texans_camp_2007/

I don't agree with all her opinions but she gives some nice inside info..

I didn't know Babin and Kubiak were at odds last season...

2. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

I am still getting a loading 45 seconds with Jared Z, so I cannot comment on the Babin thing, but honestly it does not surprise me because of the transition of a new coach and new scheme. Babin seemed to play better later in the season than early, so I would think they worked out the kinks.

I wish I could ask Megan-Manfull one question .. do you hate people accidently thinking you are anna-megan. I am guilty of it, one knows what she is doing the other is more of a nitwit than the first airhead fox hired years ago for eye candy on the sidelines (I will let you figureout which is which).

I do agree with you on not agreeing with everything she says but still not a bad interview.

I click link and it goes to Anna-Megan and you mention Megan-Manfull, now I am really confussed????

3. JohnsonFan

JohnsonFan All Pro

i liek that she said we were looking hard at lundy and gado

4. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

:slap:

5. real

real Guest

You have to scroll down to where it says traing camp script

6. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

Does it concern anyone else that we're looking at starting rookies both last season and now this season (Okoye, Harrison, Bennett, Jones)? The rooks we're looking at in the defensive backfield especially concern me.

I'm all for placing the best talent on the field that we can, but most NFL coaches follow the unwritten rule that "rare is the rookie that starts".

Perhaps it's more a statement of how poorly this team was managed previously than how long a player has been in the league.

Just a passing thought...

7. rickyb

rickyb Scarlet is hot.

LMAO!!!

8. real

real Guest

I find it interesting how she talks about the coaches getting on Mario...

Hopefully they can get on him before the game...

9. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I saw Frank Bush ream his butt out Wednesday. I didn't notice what Mario did wrong, but Bush definitly caught my eye.

Now that I think about it, the coach's physique looked a bit more like LB's coach Johnny Holland. Why the heck would he be reaming Mario out though?

10. real

real Guest

That scares me...

I've heard several reports of coaches riding him hard...

11. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Hey, I'm in the whatever it takes to get production bandwagon.:texflag:

12. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

We had quite a few rookies starting in 2006. Mario, DeMeco, Spencer for 1.5 games, and Winston.

13. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

D-linemen are often counted on to keep blockers off linebackers. That's certainly not the primary role of a pass rushing DE, but a byproduct of a good DL in general is less pressure on the LBs. So... front 4 performance certainly has an effect on the middle 3's perfomance.

If JH and Jethro have a good working relationship, then JH may have some latitude there.

It's also possible that JH is not a big Mario fan. Nothing says that he has to 'like' every player on the defense. It's also possible that JH was not a big fan of Karm last year.

14. real

real Guest

It scares me that he needs to be rode....

I'm in the whatever it takes camp as well, but Mario needs to show that the practice and hard work are paying off...

15. Double Barrel

Dude, no doubt. I like Mario and truly want him to succeed for many reasons.

But I can't help wondering if the great ones require their fires be stoked by someone else or if it is born within. I've always heard that it is self-motivated, which concerns me when we constantly hear that Mario has to be mad to rise up to his potential and that coaches need to ride him for motivation.

Maybe it's mountain out of molehill...or maybe it's purely wishful thinking to hope that we have the 2nd coming of a Bruce Smith or Reggie White type of DE. Mario might just end up being a good pass rusher and not one of the greats, and that might just be an 'iiwii' (it is what it is). We can't concern ourselves with the past and his position in the draft, because there is nothing productive resulting from that exercise.

16. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

I don't agree that it's that rare for rookies to start in the NFL. I think most teams have a couple of rookies starting.

17. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I think Mario needs to go back to the mind set he had in college. Being limited to one position will help and not listening to so many voices yelling at him

18. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

My exact feelings, DB.......except I would give no exception even if 'iiwii." I remember something that our own Hakeem Olajuwon once said, and has been repeatedly quoted in various forums:

"I've always felt it was not up to anyone else to make me give my best."

Double Barrel likes this.
  19. Double Barrel

Well said, CnD. The quote from HO says it all, too. And that's probably the difference between a HoF career and just being a good player. Mario obviously has the package, so I have to think it's something in his head and heart.