Insider article favoring the Texans?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Lurvinator11, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Lurvinator11

Lurvinator11 Hall of Fame

Saw one of those pesky ESPN Insider articles that apparently is favoring the texans to win the super bowl next year. I couldn't see it because I am not an insider, but if anyone could paste it for everyone to see.....that would be awesome!

2. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

Here you go!

3. Lurvinator11

Lurvinator11 Hall of Fame

Thanks! Msr!

4. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

I got him for ya.

Lurvinator11 likes this.
  5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I remember back in 2006 or 2007, The Dolphins were favored to win the AFC East. They were 9-7 in 2005, but it's been down hill mostly since. They wild-catted their way into the play-offs, but other than that they've been up, down & side-ways with no clear direction.

It was a long road to get to where we are today, but the road to get to where we want to be ain't any shorter.

The Texans (imo) have had a hard time handling success. Heck, a two game win streak was luxury & 3 was a rarity.

If we have a winning season next year, it would be the first time in our teams history.

6. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

Huh?

7. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Everyone thought those "Dream Team" Eagles were gonna take it all this year, too!

All these wild-eyed predictions do is produce wild-eyed expectations.

Just because we had a good season this year, that automatically means we'll be as good, if not better next year??

It doesn't work that way.

This is going to be one loooooooooooooooooooooooooong offseason. That I can safely predict.

8. Bulls on Parade

Bulls on Parade Hall of Fame

One thing seems certain to me: The Texans Defense has potential to be the absolute best and most dominating in the entire league. Better than the 49ers, Ravens, Giants, Steelers, any team out there.

9. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

I agree...if we can get a dominant NT and a ball hawking safety. These are two essential pieces that we will need to be head and shoulders above everyone else, imo.

10. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

That 49ers defense is an absolute beast. I have no idea of their contract status, but I think we'll be battling them neck and neck all year next year to be the best. The Steelers are getting long in the tooth as are the Ravens. We have a pretty young nucleus on our defense that if we can keep them healthy and together is going to be good for a long time.

11. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

It doesn't even have to be. I fully expect a regression next season from our defense, and still expect our team to be better than this past season's version with full seasons from Schuab, AJ, and Foster.

12. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

The Dolphins gimmicked their way to a playoff berth. There isn't a single thing that's gimmicky about the team the Texan's fielded this season. This team has been built from the ground up to be successful for several years.
    I can't even begin to imagine what you mean by the bolded.

13. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I think TK meant, like back to back winning seasons.... I'm only guessin' of course! :truck:

14. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

My bad.. I meant it would be the first time we'd have back to back winning seasons.

15. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

The 49ers are in the same predicament as the Texans. They're young & their coach is inexperienced. They've had their 15 minutes... how will each individual player deal with that & how will the coach form a team with those individuals?

It's hard enough to get to the Super Bowl, it's harder to get close... then try to do better the next year.

Texn4life likes this.
  16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Damn!! you really are more than a pretty face.

17. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

True, but they have a very nice mix of vets and youth much like the Texans on offense and defense. With Smith, Rogers possibly coming back, Willis, Whitner, and a few other guys on that defense I don't think youth will be a problem for them. I mentioned the defensive guys because that's what made that team really good this year. That and dominating the turnover battle. I want to say Goldson is a free agent along with Rogers who will be looking to get paid. Both of them will actually so it'll be key for them to try to retain those guys. That's going to be key more than anything for them in my opinion.

I'm with you on the dealing with success factor. That's just one of those things where you never know how teams will react. I like what I heard from our guys in saying that they were ready to start getting back to work immediately after the loss and plan on working out together in Houston. Both teams will have to learn how to play with a target on their back in the division. It'll be our first time and the Niners first time in a while. Kubiak's laid back approach would normally worry me in this regard, but I'm confident in the player leadership in staying the course and making sure guys are SUPER hungry.

thunderkyss likes this.
  18. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Wow. Really? Before Free Agency? Do they know if Texans will keep Mario too? What about the Draft? Will Texans nail both of their first two picks again? How about injured players rehabing to comeback, see Matt Schaub. Is he expected to be ready week one? Too many questions, yet to be answered, but don't let me stop anyone from investing their hard earner, or not so hard earned captial :kubepalm:

19. rush2112mn

rush2112mn All Pro

I dont take most of what ESPN...I mean BSPN as being anything to consider legitimate. If you have read most anything in the past.....its a load of crap.
    Especially what they have written about or said about the Texans year after year.
    Take what they say with a grain of salt......
    Just warning ya.....

20. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

So what's the point? Last year was the first time we made the playoffs. Last year was the first time we had a elite defense. This team is at a point where we're about to see a LOT of "first times" happen and back to back winning seasons will be next.

This team isn't going anywhere, they are one of the youngest teams in the league and those young players are only going to take their game to another level. If we have another draft like last season it'll take our team to another level. The future is so bright in Houston that I have to wear shades. :)