Inside Slant

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TEXANS84, Mar 2, 2005.

1. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Inside Slant

2. Blake

Blake MMQB

Carr is the franchise. He needs to be better protected. Id go for a LT.

3. TEXANS84

As the inside slant stated, the Offensive Line is the top priority. But Capers seems to believe that Wand is the next Boselli.
    Hopefully he can prove us wrong, otherwise David will be staring at the opening in the roof again at Reliant.

4. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I've never ever seen Capers compare Wand to a Hall of Fame type player. That is just not accurate.

5. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

I like the fact that they are considering bringing in another WR via free agency to go along side Andre :thumbup

That would most definitely give Carr more weapons to make this offense an explosive offense when needed or called upon :thumbup

6. titan hater

titan hater Veteran

in order to pass the ball u gotta stay off your butt...dc needs an o line worthy of his talents. i think they should draft the ot from florida state. of course this may mean they would have too move up in the draft, but the kid is worth it...every time i saw fsu play he pancaked his nemisis...

7. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Rob Petitti in the 3rd or 4th.

made a name for himself by shutting down Dwight Freeney in college.

8. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

Not too many teams believe Alex Barron is worth a top ten pick. So the Texans should be fine exactly where they're at. But I do like the sound of signing a free agent WR like Travis Taylor to team up with Andre and drafting Alex Barron with the 13th pick :hmmm: That would most definitely solidfy the offense :thumbup

9. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

Yeah, I remember Caper's comparing their body types but he never said Wand was the next Boselli...

10. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

Steele is a good guy, and he's one of the nicest coaches you'll meet. However, he's not the ideal guy I'd want coaching the D-Line. He doesn't really inspire his players, but if they just want him to coach techniques then Steele is a good pick.

11. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

He also said that Boselli checked wand out when we first drafted him and said he had awesome footwork and such.

12. TEXANS84

Thanks Fiddy, I was mistaken. Yes, Capers compared Wand's body style to that of Boselli. Somehow I got those two crossed.

13. THEFUTURE

THEFUTURE All Pro

I have been preaching all along, take Mike Williams, last year he was a top 3 pick if he had been let into the draft, we should take him if the opportunity is there... we wont draft a OL, if we did, it would be pointless, no rookie linemen is going to be able to come in in his first year and have a big impact, a FA sure, maybe... not a rookie, especially when there is no standout OL in the draft... we draft a cornerback next year... or in later rounds this year

14. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

personally as far as the draft is concerned i see there being 5 players that if one was there we could not pass on:

derrick johnson
    alex barron
    marcus spears
    antrell rolle
    braylon edwards

johnson will go to the browns more than likely
    spears to the chargers
    rolle to the skins
    edwards to the vikes
    and i see barron being a texan...replacing wand about half-way throughout the season and having a great rookie campaign

15. texansfan88

texansfan88 All Pro

Rob Petitti is a BIG man...little slow on his feet..I don't want him...nice guy to talk to though

16. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

What do you do with our project LT? Move him to LG and put Pitts at RG. I am sure the coaches have invested a great deal of time with Wand to this point to just give up on him. He was drafted in the 3rd round. Is there any chance that he would be traded for a comparable pick?
    I think I could honestly be happy with several different players at the #13 spot .