Injury Thread

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Jul 31, 2016.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Just came across the same. His shoulder was still being rehabbed.............but he tore his Achilles in a recent workout. You can write him off for the season.......and very likely beyond. Terrible luck.

2. 281Texan

281Texan Veteran

This sucks. I was pulling for him. Thought he could eventually be a starter in this league. I hope we keep him around and give him another look next year.

3. HaveMercy

HaveMercy Passing Through

I hope they keep him around two years. It will take that long to see how far he can come back. But absolutely the best wishes go out to that young man. It also makes me wish we'd kept Christian Covington.

4. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

But they play different positions, right ?

5. HaveMercy

HaveMercy Passing Through

Sorry, my bad. Duke Ejiofor is an outside linebacker. Christian Covington is a Defensive Tackle. Different positions, so I shouldn't have linked them as though they are interchangeable. That said, I still wish they'd found a way to keep Covington. He was a solid try hard guy for the Texans.

DocBar likes this.
  6. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I think the Texans believe they have backups for Covington that can take his role for less money. I agree although I did like Covington we won't miss his production I don't think.

OptimisticTexan and TheRealJoker like this.
  7. 281Texan

281Texan Veteran

I don’t see us letting him go this year. If he isn’t able to rehab and get back into camp by next season then he may be a cut. I know he’s a day 3 pick last year but I think he really has potential to be a starter if he stays healthy

CWTexansFan and HaveMercy like this.
  8. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

He wont be cut. He’s on a 6th round rookie contract (costs next to nothing) and showed potential last year. They will let him rehab and try to see if he can earn a roster spot next offseason.

9. CloakNNNdagger

If he stays healthy is the key............and it's important to remember that when he sustained his Achilles during a workout, he had still not rehabbed his shoulder injury from early Nov last season. That re-injury of his shoulder following previous labrum surgery is now just as worrisome to his future as is the Achilles rupture.

10. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Good news is he will have almost 2 yrs to rehab the shoulder. If it doesn't hold up then it never will.

CWTexansFan and HaveMercy like this.

11. CloakNNNdagger

Notwithstanding the fact the most negatively affected position for Achilles ruptures besides the running back being the linebacker, without a secondary shoulder repair, I doubt that his return even after 2 years will be a permanent one.......if he returns at all. Even with another shoulder repair, prognosis is still questionable.

12. CloakNNNdagger

Tom Zimmer‏@TZimmer1029

That Taiwan Jones injury looks about as bad as you'd expect it to... woof... feel better? #Bills

[​IMG]

10:36 AM - 17 Sep 2018

Taiwan Jones shows off gruesome gash on head from brutal hit

Originally posted on The Sports Daily | By Matt Birch | Last updated 9/19/18

Houston Texans to sign running back Taiwan Jones
    ByJOHN NEWBY 11 hours ago

The Houston Texans are bringing some much-needed experience to the special teams.

Monday night, Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reported that the Texans would be signingrunning back Taiwan Jones. The move was first made known by Jones' agent, Doug Hendrickson. The 30-year-old runner will now spend his ninth season in the league assisting on kick coverage.

Originally a fourth-round pick by the Oakland Raiders, Jones entered the NFL after a career at Eastern Washington. While he started his college career as a cornerback, Jones switched to running back and promptly became a dangerous weapon. He rushed for 1,213 yards as a sophomore and then accounted for 1,742 yards and 14 touchdowns as a junior. Jones entered the NFL following his standout campaign in lieu of returning for a senior season.

Despite boasting an impressive track record as a runner, Jones hasn't seen many attempts in the pros. In eight seasons, six of which were with the Oakland Raiders, he has tallied 44 rushing attempts for 183 yards and no touchdowns. He's been slightly more productive as a receiving option with 18 catches for 251 yards and one touchdown. These few carries would generally result in a short career, but Jones has been a productive part of the NFL due to his abilities on special teams. Plus, the New York Jets know that Jones can be quite dangerous as a receiver.

THE REST OF THE STORY

Jones essentially lost 10 games last season with what appears to have been a cervical disc injury originally suffered in the Sept "collision" noted above, then aggravated 4 games later leading to IR (could find not documentation of subseqent surgery).

He lost 8 games to a fractured arm in 2017.

After playing only 1 game in 2014, he was placed on IR for a "Jones" fracture...........the was a re-fracture of a Jones fracture he sustain near the end of 2010 in college

13. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I wonder if it's too late for Taiwan Jones to convert back to a cornerback it would definitely be less stressful on his injury to his neck. He seemingly has kept his speed. Comments doc?

14. CloakNNNdagger

Special teams is bound to test neck strength/stability...........but with neck conditions, it's pick your poison...............being the tackler vs being the "tacklee"...........both can involve serious collisions and stress on the neck.

15. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Bot anymore in God'ells NFL.

16. CloakNNNdagger

Caught this short clip of him today just walking........and he still has a significant limp..........an old or new injury?

17. pirbroke

pirbroke Hall of Fame

. Hoping just a rock in his shoe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

badboy likes this.
  18. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

so he's not only injured but too stupid to remove rock? Seriously, I understood your post. Back to thread, Doc would not the risk of ST especially returns be a threat similar to concussions?

19. CloakNNNdagger

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your question.

20. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Sorry my concern for Taiwan Jones is playing on special teams where he runs high speed to tackle on returns would seem to be as dangerous as a concussion. He easily could have severe neck injuries including paralysis.

CWTexansFan and CloakNNNdagger like this.