Injury Thread

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Jul 31, 2016.

1. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Doesn't the player have to acquiesce to an injury settlement? Meanwhile he can't be cut. And why would he acquiesce until ready to attempt to play.

2. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

There was no way that the Texans were not going to rework any future contract even before the injury occurred. If we could rework a medically friendly contract to technically kick in with real money mid 2019 season (with incentives before then) [rehab should be complete by ~9-10 months], I would try to retain his services through 2020.

ObsiWan, Texas Jake, JamTex and 2 others like this.
  3. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Great I think that will occur as good for both sides. A rotation of Fuller and Thomas and another of Carter and Coutee would perhaps with Hopkins give 3 excellent targets for Watson.

OptimisticTexan likes this.
  4. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Hey doc, speaking of Coutee, WTF is wrong with this guy? It’s been hamstring, hamstring, hamstring all fricken season. Is it a torn hamstring that never heals or what? Or is just one of those that can’t stay on the field for any reason? And if you’ve talked about this before, apologizing in advance.

5. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

As CnD has pointed out, hamstrings are notorious for being recurrent and chronic if they aren't allowed to fully heal.

Texas Jake, CloakNNNdagger and JB like this.
  6. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Myopicone

And doc has said to shelve him until the playoffs when he had his second recurrence. I think the Texans want him healthy for the playoff run, and they have had a bit of luxury as Deandre Carter has shown competency. I still think Keke was a difference maker in round one for the colts. With no tomorrow and a full offf season to rest, I suspect we have a Keke siting this week

7. CloakNNNdagger

As has been alluded to by above posters and my extensive postings on the subject, Coutee initially suffered a severe hamstring tear the 1st week of preseason practice, Aug 3.............he missed the 4 weeks of preseason and 3 weeks of the regular season (7 weeks total)........was brought back and managed to play 3 games before sustaining a retear................missed only 2 weeks and the Bye (3 weeks total)...........when a hamstring re-injury is usually handled with longer rehab than that required after the first.............he made it through 1 game before sustaining his 3rd hamstring tear.............since then, he has missed 5 games.

If he plays next week, which is likely because the Texans will try to pull all stops when playing the Colts, this is still considered a short rehab period for his hamstring injury history this season.............he will undoubtedly return as a high risk for retearing.............we'll all be holding our breaths hoping he makes it through wherever the playoffs take us.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  8. CloakNNNdagger

From the Jags Game Day thread during the game:

Watt has indeed suffered a right elbow hyperextension. Even with a 'mild" hyperextension, ice, rest, elevation, compression and avoiding elbow movement (sling) for at least several days should be instituted. Watt bypassed most of those measures and immediately returned to play. This is not helpful in recovery from such an injury.............especially when dealing with a shortened week.

9. CloakNNNdagger

My feeling is that we will not see Foreman in the playoffs unless Miller is unable to play for some reason................the playoffs are no time to "experiment" with a RB whose potential level of production is poor. It is to be seen, but what we saw in the game he did play in last may be all that we will ever see post Achilles, including in 2019.

10. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

Ever since the Demeco Ryans Achilles rupture, I've noticed that its prognosis seems to be more consistent from player to player than any other tissue injury (And I doubt that's due to selective reading since I read all your injury posts). It's a horrible injury for any runningback or linebacker, especially early in a career, but anyone who reads these threads is fortunate that their expectations for Foreman were not set unrealistically.

Texas Jake likes this.

11. amazing80

amazing80 Site Contributor

What type of limitations should we expect with watt? Can they give pain killers to lessen his pain

12. CloakNNNdagger

Range of motion of his elbow will be limited by inflammation, swelling and pain...........and the brace. He will be treated with antiinflammatories...........most likely Toradol. But with the neighboring acute inflammatory tissue changes, there will also be some weakness involved when pushing, pulling, deflecting and utilizing the swim moves.

13. JamTex

JamTex Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!

I suspect that even if Watt's arm was almost severed off at the elbow, he'd go to the side line and get someone to cauterize it with a blow torch, field stitch it back together with kite string and a fishing hook, put some duct tape on it, put a brace on it and get back in the game and keep playing at this time of the year.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    TexansBull and Texas Jake like this.
  14. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

This game will be all hands on deck so JJ will play through the pain - probably just a few less snaps.

15. CloakNNNdagger

Maybe, but that's what has gotten him into big trouble several times in the past.

OptimisticTexan likes this.
  16. JamTex

JamTex Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!

It was an exaggerated joke brother. Lol

CloakNNNdagger and NitroGSXR like this.
  17. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I’ve never heard of Toradol. What is it? Why would it be that as opposed to Naproxen or similar?

18. CloakNNNdagger

It is considered the NFL's miracle antiinflammatory injectable (sometimes oral or even intranasal) drug. No longer are most players pumped with narcotics which are addictive and can leave a player "coo coo" and not alert for game day. Toradol is considered a significantly stronger much more effective alternative for severe pain and severe inflammation than Naproxen. It is a drug that is only given short term for acute conditions rather than chronic long term use.

CWTexansFan and NitroGSXR like this.
  19. CloakNNNdagger

Per Aaron Wilson:

20. CloakNNNdagger

patrick‏Verified account@PatDStat
    O’Brien also adds that Hopkins hasn’t always had a chance to practice this season. Hopkins has been dealing with a foot issue majority of the season and now an ankle issue that he suffered against the Jets late in that game. #Texans[​IMG]

10:00 AM - 1 Jan 2019

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019