Injury Thread

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Jul 31, 2016.

1. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

May have been a different story if not for that injury his rookie year

Texas Jake, Scooter and DocBar like this.
  2. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

The guy plays like he's chicken little out there.. He plays with zero confidence out there. His problems are mental just as much as they are health wise.

3. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Made a couple of notes from what I saw reviewing certain plays as the game progressed.

Davenport sustained a right calf injury.

JJo right neck and shoulder injury..........since his right arm was not swinging normally as he walked off, he may have sustained some nerve trauma.

Reid appeared have sustained either a concussion vs right shoulder injury during his hard tackle

Watson sustained a right turf toe injury.

Lamm got up very slowly after colliding with his defender, possible concussion.

Fulton in the 3rd Q looked like his hand was stepped on.

Scarlett looked like he got leg whipped, possibly a bone bruise.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  4. TexansFan15

TexansFan15 Rookie

Does anyone know the status of Joseph’s injury?

5. TexansFan15

TexansFan15 Rookie

Does anyone know the status of Joseph’s injury?

6. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Neck/shoulder

7. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Shoulder/neck :D

8. OptimisticTexan

OptimisticTexan Hall of Fame

He's still in pain.

9. CloakNNNdagger

Sarah Barshop‏@sarahbarshop 53m53 minutes ago

Bill O'Brien said the Texans have not yet decided whether to add RB D'Onta Foreman to the active roster. His 21-day practice window is up this week so Houston will have to activate him from the PUP list or put him on IR.

10. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Myopicone

I was thinking Buddy Howell may be moved to PS if Foreman comes back. Foreman coming off injury probably a big minus on ST and what message are we sending the RB's who are racking up yards? Still think it is better to have him then Buddy available. May be some games to kill the clock and be good to let Lamar rest and the two heavy guys smack it in there

OptimisticTexan likes this.

11. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Myopicone

I was thinking Buddy Howell may be moved to PS if Foreman comes back. Foreman coming off injury probably a big minus on ST and what message are we sending the RB's who are racking up yards? Still think it is better to have him then Buddy available. May be some games to kill the clock and be good to let Lamar rest and the two heavy guys smack it in there

12. OptimisticTexan

Gaine and O'Brien need to IR Foreman. He's going to be much better to the Texans next season if he arrives to camp in the best possible health and condition. I still want to sign Bell as insurance.

santo likes this.
  13. CloakNNNdagger

As a RB suffering an Achilles, I wouldn't count on it. If he is able to return at all next season, he will be extremely fortunate to have a few decent games...........and then quickly show deterioration.

Seegara and OptimisticTexan like this.
  14. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Heard that Joseph will play next game. Hey Doc did you have any thoughts on Davenport playing with the previous shoulder injury? I'm surprised he cam back after the lower extremity issue. Foreman discussed on radio but said if he plays, does he take snaps away from Blue or better to have Foreman on bench in case of injury. Foreman not in playing shape as other RBs are.

15. CloakNNNdagger

Joseph is accumulating injuries....ankle/knee/neck-shoulder. If his cervical nerve impingement was short lived, he should be able to return...........if he still demonstrate symptoms (upper limb numbness/weakness) and tries to play, his performance is bound to be affected.

Davenport must have had a mild Grade I calf strain, but that would still not have helped his mobility, which was evident went he returned. Sometimes, muscles can be injected with anesthetic to relieve spasm and decrease discomfort. Hopefully, he has not awakened with an extended injury because of it. As far as his shoulder, it is difficult to truly evaluate its effect on his performance, because, his hand action without it is not stellar.

Foreman not in playing shape at this point after such a long rehab is more likely because of the limitations of his Achilles placing on his ability to fully condition his body. This is likely not a temporary situation. He is well-conditioned enough to superbly fill the role of keeping a bench warm, but if called to action, the picture is not likely to be pretty.

badboy likes this.
  16. OptimisticTexan

That's why I included the signing of Bell as insurance. If Foreman fails in his comeback from this devastating injury......it'd be extremely fortunate to have Bell on the roster.

badboy likes this.
  17. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

So you want to sign one of the highest priced RBs as insurance?

18. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Eagles UDFA Adams looked pretty good last night

steelbtexan likes this.
  19. OptimisticTexan

That would be a big time yes. Miller will probably sign elsewhere and that leaves Foreman and Blue. If Foreman doesn't return to his former self.......gulp, that leaves Blue as the Texans feature back or a rookie draft pick that probably comes in RD5 thru RD7. Yeah, I'd sign Bell and get him into Day 1 of all off-season programs.

If the Texans upgrade the OL and get Bell signed......me thinks NFL defenses are going to be game planning to stop Bell. That would bode well for Watson and the passing game.

20. CloakNNNdagger

Please let's keep the discussion here to injuries.

steelbtexan, Texas Jake and JB like this.