Injury Thread

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Jul 31, 2016.

1. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Oh good, I never saw KJ hurt but saw Adoree--that's a relief. I didn't recognize Colvin in game but hope to review game later. On JD think it was early in 4th? He and Watt got hurt same play in backfield IIRC. JJ seemed to twist his back while being blocked to ground. People I was watching with said Clowney hurt leg/knee? then went off field on his own. On replay it looked like he got hit upper quadrant chest. I never saw any other injury but might not have been on review.There was so much going on hard for to keep up. Lots of side talk going on at my buddy's house during game. Thanks for info!

2. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

FYI, not great news from what I could tell............Coutee injuring his hamstring the 3rd time this season.

steelbtexan likes this.
  3. CloakNNNdagger

It was indeed another hamstring...............It's not hard to tell..........a 3rd hamstring tear in the same hamstring group in 1 season is always a more serious situation than the previous hamstring injuries...........risk of re-injury this season from yet another hamstring now becomes logarithmic.

4. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Myopicone

Let #14 play (Carter) Kid is shifty and good in the open field. Let Keke maybe come back in post season. Can you keep the roster spot open though

amazing80 and steelbtexan like this.
  5. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

seems him sitting out, was more precautionary than anything since the game was all but wrapped up

"I think he will be trending towards playing against Cleveland." OB on Keke Coutee. #Texans

— patrick (@PatDStat) November 27, 2018

6. CloakNNNdagger

I stand by my post............no one including a physician can establish a "trend" for such an injury in 12 hours.............he suffered a re-injury............his absence from the remainder of the game was more than just precautionary. His last re-injury was only 2 weeks ago..............not enough time for proper rehab.............playing next week will assure him further injury............not only of the hamstring...........but also of a compensatory injury elsewhere.

7. CloakNNNdagger

Bill O'Brien said RB D'Onta Foreman (Achilles) is doing better, "but I don't think he's all the way back."

We are 2 weeks into the 21 day window............it started Nov 14.........it closes Dec 5.

There is always "tomorrow"............until there isn't.............

Texas Jake and ObsiWan like this.
  8. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

Pregame, Vandy didn't sound to confident in his return. Honestly with how Miller has played recently I don't see a real reason to bring him back if he isn't ready.

Supposedly the Texans are close to activating the 21 day window on Webster, however good or bad of an idea that is still preferable to activating Kjo

9. JamTex

JamTex Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!

Dylan Cole has been activated to the 53 man Roster and Josh Keyes was released today.

TheRealJoker likes this.
  10. CloakNNNdagger

Dylan Cole was wearing a cast on his left hand in practice.

11. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Will he be able to play with it? Team must think one handed Cole is better than Keyes.

12. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

Wouldn't be the first time a defender has played with a club

Texas Jake, ObsiWan and NitroGSXR like this.
  13. CloakNNNdagger

Cole is 2 month post wrist dislocation surgery. He also underwent an undisclosed knee surgery that would have been put off until after the season had he not suffered the wrist injury. Following the wrist surgery, a player will need anywhere from 2 months (absolutely minimal, usually for a lineman who requires less wrist action) to a year to fully recover. Even after rehab has been completed, the player may not uncommonly need to wear a wrist brace when doing things that put a lot of strain on your wrist, such as heavy lifting. If he plays with a cast, his coverage ability, especially as an interception threat is severely limited. A well-fashioned wrist brace instead of a cast may allow him on-the-field improved function. It will be interesting to see what he is wearing come game time. If we see him without any type of wrist support, I would be quite concerned about re-injury.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    ObsiWan, steelbtexan and TheRealJoker like this.
  14. CloakNNNdagger

It's like Starr has grabbed info/references from my previous posts.

Decision Time: Houston Texans Have to Make the Right Choice for D'Onta Foreman

byPatrick D. Starr

The window is coming to a close on D'Onta Foreman and the Houston Texans are going to have to make a decision soon.

Houston- The Houston Texans continue to get healthy at the right time of the season but there are still questions surrounding running back D’Onta Foreman. As we know, Foreman was injured last season on a touchdown run against the Arizona Cardinals tearing his achilles on his left leg. Fast forward to this season, Foreman stayed on the Reserve/PUP list rehabbing and working to get back into shape to possible help the team in 2018.

The Texans activated the 21-day window on Foreman to practice on the football field with his teammates after the bye week. Now, the Texans and Foreman are two weeks into the window and a decision is coming for the organization to make a sound decision on their young running back.

When asked about Foreman at the beginning of the week, head coach Bill O’Brien made it clear he didn’t think Foreman was all the way back.

“Foreman’s doing better,” O’Brien explained. “I don’t think he’s all the way back, though. I really don’t. I think we’ve got to do a good job with him. He does a good job communicating with me on where’s he’s at. I think he feels better, I think he feels good. We’ve got a little bit more time on that decision relative to that window, so we’ll see how it looks this week again. We’ll make a good decision No. 1, based on him – the player and where he’s at – then secondly, based on the team.”

A couple days later, Foreman caught up with Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle and mentioned he was ready to go and waiting for the word on the next step.

“I feel good, I feel great,” Foreman said to the Houston Chronicle. “I’m ready to go. I’ve been practicing. I feel very explosive. I’m cutting really good. I feel ready to go.”

It is clear that Foreman is making it known that he wants to play this season but the Texans are taking their time to make a clear decision that is in the best interest of Foreman. There are plenty of people watching the situation and have the rookie version of Foreman in their head and expecting a similar situation in 2018.

There are a couple of decisions regarding Foreman that the Texans have to weigh for the remainder of the season. Past running backs like Arian Foster, Vick Ballard, Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams were all slowed due to their achilles ruptures ending their careers.

A study in March of 2018 by Joshua D. Harris, MD that specializes in Orthopedic Sports Medicine at Houston Methodist released a study regarding achilles injuries for NFL players. Harris told Healio.com/Othriopdics the following. (Read More Here)

“Achilles tendon injuries in the NFL are common season-ending injuries that require a surgical repair. Our study of 95 NFL players showed that it was also a career-ending injury in nearly 28% of those analyzed. Although postoperative performance was worse in running backs and linebackers (vs. pre-injury), there was no difference in postoperative performance or number of games played for any position (with the exception of linebackers) compared to rigorously matched control players in the league.”

Harris also concluded of the 95 players he analyzed, 71 were able to return to the NFL game but there was significantly worst postoperative performance scores compare with preoperative scores especially in running backs and linebacker.

Not only is there medical backing on the severity of Foreman’s injury but the bigger issue is if and where Foreman would fit on the 53-man roster.

THE REST OF THE STORY

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Almost sounds like a preparation piece for disappointing news.

15. CloakNNNdagger

*Just a reminder:

Per the CBA.............The league has placed limits on the number of full-contact padded practices during the regular season. Teams are permitted a total of 14 for the year with 11 of those practices conducted during the first 11 weeks of the season (a maximum of one per week).

The Texans had a week 12 contact practice. So over the next 4 weeks, they will be allowed only 2 contact practices.

16. paycheck71

paycheck71 Hall of Fame

Before the Colts and the Eagles?

17. Scooter

Scooter Funky

I assume (bad idea in this thread) that a cast would be the safer choice of protection? Getting Cole back on the field safely is the goal. I'm not too worried about his ability to catch, especially with Cunningham back he'll be mostly on special teams again. I do worry about avoiding reinjury.

18. CloakNNNdagger

A cast would give some added protection. But I would have to say that catching is not the only problem he would be dealing with, especially on STs.............tackling would be much less sure.

As far as Cunningham back...........he's been dealing with a Grade II MCL knee injury since week 9..........he missed 2 games (would have been 3 had the Bye not come when it did) and returned Monday..............from my point of view, despite O'Brien's statement that Cunningham is a 4 down ILB, in the Titans game he was slow to react...........especially with lateral movement and when quick change of direction was needed...........undoubtedly residual effects of his MCL injury.

DocBar and Scooter like this.
  19. Seegara

Seegara Hall of Fame

It seems like it's always the talented ones who can't stay on the field. Coutee is of little value being so prone to injury. Just like Kevin Johnson.

20. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Kevin Johnson had little value even when healthy.