Injury report?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by badboy, Sep 26, 2011.

1. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Anyone seen it? Other than Mario was anyone else hurt that I missed?

2. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

my heart was hurting pretty bad after the game, but i think i'll be good to go next week.

badboy likes this.
  3. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Yeah and my clenched fists.

4. EllisUnit

haha, na man i am trying to find info, i have seen no news on williams and anything on his knee. hopefully he just bruised it.

5. EllisUnit

6. EllisUnit

In Kubiaks Press Conference today he said Kareem Jackson got his knee banged up we are so screwed if he dont play this sunday, what ever will we do :kitten:

7. dinkatoid

dinkatoid Veteran

Texans HC Gary Kubiak characterized OLB Mario Williams (knee) as "day-to-day" at his Monday press conference.
    The Texans appear to have dodged a major bullet with their superstar pass rusher. He'll likely be limited in practice this week, but it would be an upset if he doesn't take the field against the Steelers on Sunday. Sep 26 - 4:53 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3636/mario-williams

This is all that I could find

8. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Thanks guys. We could used Walter, JJ, and Mario 100% next game. I will continue to hope Harris replaces KJ.

9. EllisUnit

With Kubiak running the team the best you could hope for is that Jackson gets lost on his way to the stadium on gameday

10. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

well he has been late to meeting.

11. jtexas

jtexas Veteran

The way mario's knee bent, i thought it was an acl for sure.

12. fiasco west

fiasco west Hall of Fame

Very lucky about Mario. I'm sure he'll play, he's a tough guy and seems like he's never 100% or dealing with some kind of injury but is always out there battle fighting.

13. EllisUnit

yeah same here i was worried until i saw him on the bike.

14. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

That could be arranged....

15. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

saw him on the bike, but for some reason I missed the knee bending on the replay...I was probably just in shock and didn't feel like rewinding.

16. EllisUnit

haha well then lets make it happen. I'm sure wade would appreciate it. "He's like a butcher trying to cut meat with a butter knife. He's like this is what they gave me to cut it with :runaway:"

17. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Seeing Mario on the stationary bicycle this soon gives me little solace.

When Mario first injured his knee, I saw it distinctly hyperextend. The classic injury associated with this is a posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) tear.

The PCL is located near the back of the knee joint. It attaches to the back of the femur (thighbone) and the back of the tibia (shinbone) behind the ACL.

The PCL is the primary stabilizer of the knee and the main controller of how far forward the tibia moves in relationship to the femur. It is essentially a “check ligament” that blocks the knee joint from folding forward (as compared to the normal back folding of this joint). If this abnormal forward folding (hyperextension) does occur, the “check ligament,” i.e., the PCL, has been over-powered therefore sprained/torn to some extent. I should also mention that the PCL has also been shown to be involved in assisting in the prevention (checking) of medial-lateral (side-to-side) and rotatory movements.

[​IMG]

Grade I: Partial tears of the PCL.

Grade II: Isolated, complete tear to the PCL.

Grade III: Tear of the PCL with other associated ligament injury such as an MCL or ACL).

Most patients receive physical therapy treatments after a PCL injury. Therapists treat swelling and pain with the use of ice, electrical stimulation, and rest periods with your leg supported in elevation.

Even in the case of a Grade I sprain, exercises are used to help regain normal movement of joints and muscles. Range-of-motion exercises are usually started right away with the goal of quickly regaining full movement in the knee. This includes careful stretching...........and the use of a stationary bike, because it does not result in even full normal extension at the knee. Shortly after exercises are also given to improve the strength of the quadriceps muscles on the front of the thigh. As symptoms ease and strength improves, specialized exercises to improve knee stability will begin. When they are returned to moderate action, they commonly wear a functional knee brace. These braces are designed to replace knee stability when the PCL doesn't function properly. They help keep the knee from giving way during moderate activity, but they can give a false sense of security and won't always protect the knee during sports that require heavy cutting, jumping, or pivoting.

Even with a minor Grade I sprain, you would expect at least a 2-3 week recovery.

Remember, this was the same injury (PCL sprain/tear) I wrote about in 2007 re. Andre Johnson......and he ended up missing 7 weeks.

Again, we will need to wait for more information. But by this time, an MRI will have been obtained and the Texans already have the results.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  18. CloakNNNdagger

It's sort of strange that in the almost hour and a half long 610 radio segment this morning with John McClain and Rick Smith, injuries were discussed concerning all of the key players..............not ONE comment by either of them or a single question directed to them by the hosts about Mario's injury or status.

19. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

From the Mothership for week 3, but nothing for week 4 yet:

Name Position Injury Wed. Thu. Fri. Game Status Austin, Thomas G Knee FP FP FP probable
    Brisiel, Mike G Hip FP FP FP probable
    Butler, Rashad T Elbow LP Out - -
    Cushing, Brian ILB Knee LP FP FP probable
    Foster, Arian RB Hamstring DNP LP LP questionable
    Jones, Jacoby WR Knee DNP DNP LP questionable
    Joseph, Johnathan CB Ankle LP LP FP probable
    McManis, Sherrick CB Hamstring DNP DNP DNP Out
    Ryans, DeMeco ILB Elbow/Achilles LP LP FP probable
    Schaub, Matt QB Foot FP FP FP probable
    Tate, Ben RB Back FP FP FP probable
    Walter, Kevin WR Shoulder/thigh LP LP LP probable
    Ward, Derrick RB Shoulder/ankle DNP DNP DNP Out
    Williams, Mario OLB Thumb FP FP FP probable

20. CloakNNNdagger

I mentioned last week (I believe Sat. nite) that only Practice Status through Thursday was available.......and that there was no Game Status filled in at all.
    Week 3 Injury Practice Status for Friday and Game Status were not filled out until AFTER the Saints game.