Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

INFO 2019 season and players

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by badboy, Mar 25, 2019.

1. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Time to begin the new football season.
    ESPN reporting U of Georgia freshman CB Tyrique Stevenson and Sr. WR Tyler Simmons arrested for fighting employees of a nightclub. Club didn't press charges but bail set so cops must have. Incident follows recent arrest of fellow Bull dogs who were reserve players. No other info.

2. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Utah player at Six State U. Died Friday at a local hospital. 23 YOA senior had upper leg injury last Tues but iced and remained on sidelines. Later Tues Eve went to hospital with seizures. Diagnosed with hyponatremia (sp) low Salt leading to swelling of brain. Facebook page reportedly doesn't mention if leg injury was factor.

3. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

2018 college football attendance down again, 7 of last 8 seasons. NCAA avg game attendance reported last week for 2018 41,856 lowest since 1996. Of top 30 teams all remained same or declined. This surprises me. Clemson championship year was down avg 373 per game.

4. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Florida Gators RS soph Malik Davis returns with career avg 6.4. The RB broke foot game 3 2018 and 2017 tore ACL game 7. Team needs him full season as he's best on roster -- if he plays.

5. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Ohio State senior LB Justin Hilliard adds another injury with surgery completed. Red shirt fresh WR Kamryn Babcock had ACL his high school senior year then missed 2018 freshman college. Surgery for this incident to be scheduled for this week. Injury of both players not identified; both out indefinitely.

Most significant news this time year unfortunately, relates to health.

Clemson junior WR Amari Rodgers tweets he tore ACL Monday. This season in doubt for return.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  6. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

7. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Players to watch:

Georgia Amari Carter safety
    sbnation

My opinion Kirby Smart after losing to Texas needs to have another great season losing only one in regular season to LA state. No issue with losing to Alabama in playoffs but final game to Texas was a blow.

8. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

9. Lucky

Lucky Moderator Staff Member

Honestly, I don't think many pay much attention to these non-playoff bowl games. Unless a team loses in epic fashion, as UH was trounced by Army. No one in Georgia is losing sleep over that one.

OptimisticTexan and steelbtexan like this.
  10. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Alabama starting RT in Saturday's practise sprained ankle. Hedrick Wills will be sent for an MRI to determine extent.

Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

11. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Alabama starting RT in Saturday's practise sprained ankle. Hedrick Wills will be sent for an MRI to determine extent.

12. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Alabama senior Trevon Diggs returns from 9 game 2018 injury to foot. He began last season with 20 tackles, forced fumble, 6 passes broken up and another INT in three games. Tide hoping he picks up where he left off.

13. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

No one wants to talk college football? It was a good season 2018. A good draft could shift Texans strategy going forward. I'm hoping some of you would have players or positions to watch for.

14. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

New Oklahoma starting QB and transfer Jalen Hurts looking good in spring. I've always like the kid and his dad was taught by my friend whom I watch football with every Sunday.

247 top 25 QBs
    https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...abama-Oklahoma-Georgia-131124138/#131124138_7

15. Lucky

Lucky Moderator Staff Member

Even if 100%, King won't run as much in the Holgorsen offense. I expect the Cougars to attack downfield more than ever.

OptimisticTexan, JB and badboy like this.
  16. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Some 2019 players for 2020 draft I will be watching:

LT/RT Georgia Andrew Thomas 6'5" 320 JR.Had strong 2018 at LT with Bulldogs having great running game. rated as a steady vs pass rushers & as a true freshman 2017 started 13 games despite an ankle injury.

LT Notre Dame Liam Eichenberg 6'6" 308 Sr continues very solid LTs for this school. 2018 was to play RT but beat out others for LT to replace NFL Mike McClinchey. I expect great year but hope he falls in draft. I'm hoping that the overall crop of O. Linemen will be much more in round one. Others like Isaiah Wilson, Leatherwood should step in as a starter somewhere as he can play all spots for Tide with Little and Munford also stepping up. Trey Adams may factor in but his previous ACL in 2017 and more recent back surgery has me leery of this huge and talented player for U. of Washington.

OG Georgia Ben CLeveland 6'7" 340 with good strength

steelbtexan likes this.
  17. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Not going to be just Clemson and Alabama this year, with Jalen Hurts Oklahoma going to cause some unrest among big boys and U of Texas may also. Interested in seeing how Houston replaces Oliver.

18. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Alabama HC Nick Saban hip replacement successful.

19. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Clemson coach Dani Sweeney gets new 10 year contract $93 million second only to Bama's Saban.

20. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

steelbtexan likes this.