Indy signing Dan O. is a problem for the Texans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Brisco_County, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

A lot of you probably know where I'm going with this, because the memory of Rosenfels allegedly helping the Giants defense shut us down in 2010 still triggers mouth-foaming seizures and anxiety attacks. For those who coped by suppressing the memory, here's a quote from Zierlein back in October of 2010 to bring it all back to the surface.

So the Colts, gaining more than just shadenfreude from that event, learned that it's not a bad idea to recruit people who spent the past three years studying the offensive playbook of your division's most threatening rival. Not that the Colt's don't already have enough film and experience against the Texans, but I believe this to be a major factor in 2011.

2. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Last our gameplan was run Arian foster right at you. Doesn't take an inside source to give that away, the Colts just couldn't stop it.

I think having ex players is overrated

3. House of Pain

House of Pain Knee-jerkless

4. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

Meh. Run the ball.

5. DX-TEX

DX-TEX Hall of Fame

This is Dan "Runoutofboundsandforgetyourhelmet" Orlovsky were talking about. Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

6. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

You're assuming Dan O. actually UNDERSTOOD our offense. You'll have to show me a little compelling evidence to backup that assumption.
    :D

Seriously though, as someone else said, there ain't nuttin' he could really teach the Colts about us they didn't know already

ATXtexanfan likes this.
  7. Brisco_County

That's what we tried against the Giants too. Foster was held to 25 yards on 11 carries. Not that Indy could match that, but running the ball may not be a magic solution.

8. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

The colts have seen our offense for years now, I doubt he knows more than Peyton or any of those guys. Overrated advantage, IMO.

9. Brisco_County

This is what I'm hoping is true. But even the dullest blade in the drawer can eventually understand something complex if they study it for three years.

As to the effectiveness the Colts gameplanning with a former Texans QB, I wouldn't think it a factor if not for that Giants game.

10. Texas T

Texas T Hall of Fame

The difference is that the Giants were able to stop the run, the Colts not so much. Also the first game of the season was a surprise to the Colts, they faired much better in the second game.

I still don't think this is much of a big deal...I would love for Payton to have to sit for some reason and he can't find his helmet for them too.

11. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

Indy can't stop the run like the Giants, for one thing. Plus, knowing the playbook won't do anything as long as we mix up our plays and avoid predictability. I could almost see this as an advantage for us since it might lead Kubes to ditch his scripted plays crap and start making real play calls right from the start of the game.

12. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Peyton Manning knows more about our team than Dan O ever did or ever will. I'm not worried about this at all.

13. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

:spit: The Colts are so desperate to stop our high-powered offense that they signed our recently released buck up QB in an effort to do so?
    :toropalm:

14. Astew10112

Astew10112 Rookie

15. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

With Peyton's neck issue, I'm more excited about the possibility of facing Orlovsky than worrying about what Orlovsky will relate to the Colts.

Throw away the scripting, make the O more unpredictable and get a real stretch-the-field #2 WR.............and the Colts will be scratching their asses with Orlovsky's information and flipping coins trying to figure out what the Hell is coming next.

16. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Nice plan, but Kubiak would never, ever do away with his scripting.

17. Brisco_County

Where did I say they were desperate? Don't make shit up, please.

I'm saying they will use him to a certain advantage. You know that had to be one of the determining factors in signing Orlovsky over the other choices, because it wasn't his pinpoint accuracy and timing.

18. pirbroke

pirbroke All Pro

Dan-0 says, hey coach I know this play, the QB runs out of endzone to avoid the sack, I used to practice that all the time.:hurrah:

19. DX-TEX

DX-TEX Hall of Fame

After this offseason there is one irrefutable fact: this is not the Texans of old.

thank god!

20. BullsOnParade

BullsOnParade Go Texans!

This.
    And this.

And this!