Indy - Jets

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by euro-Texan, Dec 27, 2009.

1. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

Indy is giving this one away to the Jets. If they let the Jets into the playoffs I sure hope the Jets beat them there.

2. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I was watching that game too and while I understand the angle they're taking with this there is just something about watching an undefeated team lie down for a loss that sickens me. The Colts earn my disgust today with that decision. You play the games to win them. They were handling the Jets without much trouble and then just decided to take the loss.

3. Fred

Fred All Pro

The Colts are afraid of meeting the Texans in the playoffs. Of course they usually pull this crap at the end of the season, and they usually can't get their mojo back and they lose early in the playoffs. Not trying to win the last two weeks, and then a bye week, then you are trying to win for the first time in four weeks playing a team that just won a playoff game the week before. I don't think the tactic is smart if you have the bye. If you don't have the bye and can't really change your position, I could see taking it easy for the last game (the position New England and Cincinnati will be in next week).

4. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

What a way for a 13 and 1 coach to lose your team. I feel for Manning, Saturday, Wayne, Clark and other starters. Let them lose their game, not make them sit and watch their chance at a perfect season go good-bye.

5. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

Jim Caldwell is a coward. Can't take the pressure of taking an undefeated team into the playoffs and the possibility of losing like the Patriots in 2007.

6. BY1401

BY1401 14-2*

I'm usually pretty good at shaking off a loss by the next day.

I woke up angry this morning.

It's one thing to watch your team get outplayed.

It's another to watch them lay down and die.

7. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

The fans in the stands looked absolutely disgusted. Talk about shitting on the fans who spent good money for tickets.

8. Tedc

Tedc Hardheaded

Colt fans I know still can't believe it. It is almost like the Texans beat them, only worse.

9. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

The Texans beating them was motivation for them to win the Super Bowl according to Manning. Will this situation do the same for them this year?

10. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

On Pollian's radio show the fans were ripping him a new one. He basically said get "Fed" to them and then just walked off the show. What a Putz.

11. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I Caldwell was going to do that he might as well have played Painter and the rest of the backups all game. They probably would've lost 50-0 but they wouldn't have had to put Manning through the humiliation of watching the Caldwell lay down.

Not that seeing Manning look the way he did was a bad thing. LOL

I think Caldwell's decision may have playoff ramifications for the Colts. At least I hope so.