In the back of your mind, are you wondering....

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Hervoyel, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

What if Leinart tears it up? What if he goes in and plays mistake free football against Jacksonville and looks really, really good doing it?

And then what if he does it again against Atlanta?

It's just a hypothetical question but it's possible that if Schaub is lost for the year then Leinart could be quarterbacking us into the playoffs. If we're very, very lucky and he plays the way we all are hoping he can then the end game to this is Matt Leinart quarterbacking the Houston Texans in the Super Bowl.

What then?

6 regular season games, potentially two playoff games, and if we win those then a trip to beautiful snow covered Indianapolis to the Super Bowl.

Total mental masturbation I know but Leinart is under contract next year. Does he become two 2nd rounders or did he just take the starting job in that imaginary scenario?

I'm just saying what's going to be in the back of all your minds if we keep winning and he looks good. The more success he has the more this is going to come up.

2. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I like Schaub, but if Leinart wins a championship, to me it's a no brainer that it's his job to lose.

I would LOVE a QB controversy in the off-season as the result of such a scenario!!!

3. redwhiteANDblue

redwhiteANDblue Color of Texans

Well if that's the case I would still keep Schaub because that's my guy and I want to win a superbowl with him. Just keep Lienart till the trade deadline and give it up to a desperate team that gives away 2 1st round picks :)

4. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

i think we all have had that thought. been wondering is schaub will even be ready for next season. i think leinart can succeed in this system. six games and bye would be enough time to get ready for playoff football.

i think everything has been falling into place and this will workout. not sure about superbowl but this team will rally around leinart

5. paycheck71

paycheck71 Hall of Fame

Man, that would be a dream scenario. I have no problem with a QB controversy.

Chances are, Leinart will probably slowly improve from game to game, at least that's my expectation. Kubes and the coaches will put him in positions to be comfortable out there on the field. That means a possibly simplified game plan for the first game or two, see how he's doing and then go from there. I have high hopes (I'm a fan), but moderate expectations (trying to stay sane).

6. Rey

Rey Guest

I've been thinking about that since Schaub went down and Leinart was named starter...

I'm really anxious to how the team looks with Leinart in there...

Hearing some of the players talk it sounds like they have a lot of confidence in him. And not false confidence or media talk...It sounds like they legitimately like what he brings to the table...

But just for discussion's sake, if Leinart played really well and we won the superbowl with him I'd probably still hold onto Schaub but Leinart would be remain the starter heading into next season.

If I got a really good offer for Schaub like a first round pick or a couple of seconds, I'd probably send him packing and draft a good QB in the 1st or second round to put pressure on Leinart.

I really like Shammy, but if Leinart is playing almost as well or better then I would be ok with the team moving him.

7. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Trade him for two second rounders.

Signed,

Drew Bledsoe and Trent Green

8. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

If Leinart does well and causes a QB controversy then I see a team (Washington?) trading some high draft picks for either QB. Depending on how comfortable Kubiak is with Yates could determine whether or not the backup gets traded in the off-season.

9. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

10. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Definitely have wondered about that scenario as well. I still think Leinart can be a really good QB in this league. That may just be because he was highly touted out of college and had all the makings of a star though. But I don't think he's a true bust, like Vince Young, Reggie Bush, or other high draft picks.

He was never really given a 2nd chance in Arizona and I hope he makes the best of his shot here.

11. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

You read my mind. I was thinking the exact same thing.....

If he's our Super Bowl MVP, or play-off MVP, then imo, it's his job to lose. If he's just a game manager... who cares.

If he plays well, but isn't necessarily the reason we win or lose, I can see getting a couple of picks for him.

12. pirbroke

pirbroke All Pro

Just like when Drew Bledsoe got hurt and Tom Brady came in and won them a super bowl, ( I think that's how I remember it ). Come on Matt Leinart you can do this. I believe

13. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

[​IMG]

I've always wondered why he just didn't buy a damned tee.

14. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

I'd just like to point out that I mentioned this exact same scenario, although in fewer words and less explicit detail, in an earlier thread.

cough*plagiarism*cough

:kitten:

ATXtexanfan likes this.
  15. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Because Snoopy always chewed them up. Damn dogs!

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

yeah, but nobody takes you seriously.

:cow:

DocBar likes this.
  17. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

And you read my mind.

18. ThaJokaa

ThaJokaa True Texans Fan

I was thinking almost the exact thing except in the SB Leinart gets injured and can't return, down by 2 TDs in the fourth Texans call up TJ Yates. Our defense steps up so GB doesnt score, we cause turnovers and TJ leads a SHOCKING 4th quarter comeback....

3 Way controversy....

19. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

F that. I want Owen Daniels to step under center after TJ gets injured and leads us on a last-minute drive to win the game.

Throwing it to himself. LOL

20. redwhiteANDblue

redwhiteANDblue Color of Texans

Lol I've always wondered how OD would look as a QB! Who could take him down? It would be like Big Ben x2!