Imagine the pressure Kubiak's feeling.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by powerfuldragon, Apr 29, 2006.

1. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

After deciding to take the risky move and draft Mario, can you imagine the pressure on the poor guy? I hope he doesn't have an aneurysm or something.

2. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

Wrong. Bush was the risky move. The Texans would have sentenced themselves to a string of 4-6 win seasons for years if they drafted into a strength. Williams will increase the turnover rate in favor of the Texans and that will increase the number of wins.

3. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

Kubiak made the right decision. Our O is good enough to contend with any team and now our D isnt lookin bad either.

4. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I usually do not do the big font thingy, but I would like to say......

Gary Kubiak has stones of steel!

As a good Texan man should.

5. GhostRaider2006

GhostRaider2006 Veteran

You need to quit stating that like it is a fact. Because it isn't. Aside from Florida State Williams dissappered from almost every game in which he encountered a top college offense and that is the only thing he did consistently in college. Until he proves otherwise in the NFL with even better offenses (he won't be playing Wake Forest, Southern Mississippi and Maryland to rack up the stats anymore) you have to expect that he will continue that trend.

6. MrMeToo

MrMeToo All Pro

Well if he didn't want the pressure he should have drafted Bush, so I have no remorse for him.

7. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

You could say the same thing about Bush. Bush played behind a very strong team and didn't rush the ball more than 20 times a game. He was destined to be a part-time player in Texas and that's what he'll be in NO with McAllister there. As they just said on ESPN, Williams is a tall guy weighing 295 lbs. with great hands and the ability to create separation and pressure the QB. That's what the Texans need, not another RB. And as I recall, Bush basically disappeared when he came up against a good college D in the championship game.

8. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

Bush was nothing but media hype. The Texans didn't need him with Davis already here. Bush does nothing for the Texans. Williams meets a real need, Bush doesn't. Williams is a full-time player who will create turnovers and set up the offense. Good pick. A smart man's pick. Bush would have been a fantasy football player's pick, but not a smart football pick.

9. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

It's not just about sack stats -- it's about hurrying the QB and altering pass direction as well. That creates turnovers and that's what wins games.

10. MrMeToo

MrMeToo All Pro

Bush does nothing for the Texans?
    :ok:
    He would have made our offense way better. Another great option for Carr. He just doesn't play RB. He can play WR also. He would have been a change of pace of offense from Davis and opposing teams would have to focus on him so much that Moulds and Johnson would be able to succeed.

11. GhostRaider2006

GhostRaider2006 Veteran

And so is Williams.

12. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

AGGGGGGGGGGREED. MY KINDA COACH!!!!

13. GhostRaider2006

GhostRaider2006 Veteran

Quit making it sound like defense is all that wins games it's just a part that factors into the whole it isn't the end all be all as you are making it out to be.

14. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

There was very little media hype about Williams. And let's be honest, if there was media hype regarding Williams, then there wouldn't be any complaints.

15. zeplin

zeplin Veteran

He made the right choice, not the most popular one.
    That is a leader of Men!!!:homer:

16. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

The Baltimore Ravens and their Super Bowl victory say, "HI!!!" Chicago Bears of 2005 also would like to send their greetings.

17. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

No he wouldn't have. He wouldn't have been that much better than with just Davis there. Williams improves this team far, far more than Bush would. And you just made an excellent reason for NOT taking Bush by calling him a "change of pace" back. By saying that, you are saying he wouldn't be a full-time player and wouldn't even have a set position. There is no way the Texans should take a part-time player without a position who would have limited touches as a #1 overall pick. No way ... period. It would have been a wasted pick by a team full of weaknesses and had no turnovers during a time where they also had no victories last season.

18. GhostRaider2006

GhostRaider2006 Veteran

Yeah and those were just two freak of nature defenses that occur about once every twenty years that only lasted a year not something I would want to modle my team after. Those defense were and always will be abberations to the norm.

19. HeroTime

HeroTime Rookie

If 177 yards is Bush disappearing then what happens when he shows up? :drool:

Best offseason in history does not make Bush a bust.

20. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Tell me about it. I saw a post somewhere that said McNair was gutless for taking Williams. Somebody must not know what the term "gutless" means - either me or the poster.