I'm so confused...

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by markloehr05, Apr 25, 2005.

1. markloehr05

markloehr05 Guest

this is ridiculous... honestly do the texans enjoy losing... dont get me wrong i love the texans but picking up this guy instead of picking up DJ is ridiculous.... i mean does losing for so long mean that it becomes a trend and they dont wanna win... i think CC should be fired solely on his decision to not draft the best defensive player at LB in the entire draft.... he could possibly be the best defensive player in the entire draft period... he is going to come out and make a huge impact for the Chiefs, and CC is going to feel like a complete moron... CC should be fired... PERIOD END OF STORY

2. Huge

Huge Hall of Fame

I think you said it best right there.

3. barzilla

barzilla Veteran

I was surprised to see them go away from DJ and Barron, but figure they know what they're doing. This DL has been anemic for years. I'm not sure if anyone should get cut in favor of Johnson, but they needed more help in the rotation. If the rookie develops you can go ahead and jettison Walker after the season and take a lesser cap hit than cutting him now.

4. canadiantexan

canadiantexan Veteran

Kind of an interesting way to show your "love" for the Texans.
    Maybe next year you can let C.C. and company use yor extensive network of scouts, football people, game film, your 20+ years in the NFL or maybe even just let them use your magic crystal ball....
    ooh wait a minute Cass is the one with the scouts, the game film and the 20+ years in this league.
    I guess that leaves you with just that magic crystal ball you used to look into K.C./D.J's future with.
    Let me guess you complained about the Dunta Robinson pick last year to right? Your obviously a Long horn fan who's so upset at not getting your guy that your willing to take a stab at anyone who's not your guy or did'nt draft your guy.
    Our defensive line was our weakest link on the defensive side of the ball. We brought in new CB's and LB's over the last couple of years but did not bring in D-Line help. Well we did that this year addressing our most prominent need on that side of the ball by bringing in the top interior linemen of the draft. With Walker and Payne slowing down a little this is the most logical pick out there for us not to mention the 3rd rounder he aquired for us that can be used as extra ammo to deal up in the draft next year for a "big time" prospect on the O-Line because next years draft is deep with O-line.....But I guess you've already seen that in your little ball too...

Let's stop this stupid fire C.C. talk right now, I mean let's take a look at what he's done in the 1st round for us so far.
    David Carr- One of the best if not the best young QB in the league.
    Andre Johnson-The best younr reciever in the league bar none. Already one of the best in the league young or not.
    Dunta Robinson- Many people's choice for DROY last year (name a better young CB)
    Jason Babin- Came on at the end of last year, could be the pass rusher on the outside we need.(jurys still out)

Well maybe we should fire C.C. because we sure would'nt want anymore Carr's, Johnson's or Robinson's on this team. :thumbdown :thumbdown

5. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

the Mestizo in me says, palabra, the caucasian in me says, word and the Texans fan in me says Hell Yea! My senitments exactly

6. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

Quick question for you. Have we improved EVERY season under this regime so far? Yes or No?

7. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

im confused why the texans in the 7th round would take a LB that will be on the prac. squad, when brandon browner and ernest shazor were still out there

8. wags

wags Hall of Fame

I agree he should have drafted Thomas Davis. Oh wait, you thought DJ was the top rated linebacker? No one drafted him prior to the Texans, the Saints had Thomas Davis rated higher than DJ at linebacker, and the Chiefs tried to trade back once Davis was gobbled up by Carolina.

from espn.com

9. canadiantexan

canadiantexan Veteran

Yes we have. Firing C.C. now would be stupid. No G.M has done more positive things for his team in the 1st round of the draft in the last three years than Cass.

10. canadiantexan

canadiantexan Veteran

Cass said Shazor was not a good fit( I think because of his speed) there was something about it on the "Cass on 610" post

11. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

you read my mind

12. canadiantexan

canadiantexan Veteran

Thank you I wish more of the Texans true supporters would post what is on their minds instead of the haters trying to spread propaganda and just bad mouthing people.
    Go Texans some of us our with you no matter what :thumbup

13. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

CC is a bad GM. I'd much rather have Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, and William Green as our four 1st round picks. :whistle:

14. canadiantexan

canadiantexan Veteran

LOL that's a great.

GO BROWNS GO :thumbdown

15. TigerBait

TigerBait Veteran

OWNED :shocked

16. canadiantexan

canadiantexan Veteran

what do you mean by OWNED?

17. TigerBait

TigerBait Veteran

you made him an object of your possession...

18. canadiantexan

canadiantexan Veteran

Thats what I thought just making sure. American slang can differ from Canadian.
    Thanks

19. wags

wags Hall of Fame

You know who drafted Couch don't you? Palmer.

Casserly has made a few bad picks in his day, but he hasn't had a Heath Shuler yet with the Texans. :tiptoe:

20. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

Good point. Next time say "OWNED eh" or if you're talking to a Texan "Ya'll OWNED him" :thumbup