Im off the Carr wagon

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by New_Texans, Dec 6, 2006.

1. New_Texans

New_Texans All Pro

I've been a Carr supporter ever since he came into the league however, Im not going to defend him so valantly until he proves his worth. Im not going to bash him because he has the skills but its time for him to do something consistantly for once.

2. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

Congratulations on coming back to reality.

3. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I just hope we have a resolution to the issue of David Carr's furture
    with the Texans during the upcoming off season. One way or the other.
    But I dunno, somehow I have a feeling it won't be that cut and dried.

4. New_Texans

New_Texans All Pro

I think Carr needs to get the idea that our defense is actually kinda good. So he only needs to get the offense 21 points per game and we will win more than half. However he hasnt done that yet. I love Carr but he needs to prove himself.

5. Dre_80

Dre_80 Rookie

Without an O-Line. Without a running game. Some of you guys are funny. :rolleyes:

6. White Runningback

White Runningback Veteran

The excuse thread continues....

bigcarlos likes this.
  7. SLO Texan

SLO Texan Veteran

Here!!!! Here!!!!:piano:

I wanted him to show a little more progress than he has thus far under Kubiak.

Granted our O- line sucks but 1 TD in 6 weeks is just not gettin it done.

Step it up David or hit the road!!!!!:BananaWav

8. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Lost another one to Di-Tech

9. QB75

QB75 Veteran

Congratulations on jumping on the Carr hater bandwagon with the rest of the so-called "fans".

10. phan1

phan1 All Pro

Dude, if you look at the last game and aren't convinced that the offense's inability to do anything was the fault of David Carr, than nothing is going to convince you that Carr is a bad QB. Carr had a ridiculously bad game. I have been a Carr supporter all my life (still am too), but the finger points to Carr on this one. All he did was hurt the team last week. Yeah, the Oline could have played better, but was David given an opportunity to make something happen? The answer is a resoundning "YES".

You know, Aaron Brooks doesn't have a great Oline/Running game either. Maybe he's a Steve young deep inside too. :rolleyes:

11. blockhead83

blockhead83 All Pro

I've been off the Carr wagon since we played the Titans. Carr hasn't performed at a level equal to the opportunity that he's been provided. He has a supporting cast now. He has a tried and true mentor in Gary Kubiak, and a proven offensive system to play in. We started slow on the ground, but we have a modest run game now along with two pro bowl receivers and an up and coming tight end. We still don't have a good o-line, but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be. You can sit back and say that he doesn't have a franchise LT watching his backside, or he doesn't have a pro bowl runner taking the heat off of him, but the bottom line is that for the money we're paying him he shouldn't need all-stars everywhere he looks. We could get very similar production out of a middle of the road veteran QB and save a ton of cap to build this team elsewhere.

I don't feel badly about passing on Vince in favor of Mario, I still like that decision. That top trio of players are all going to be good players, it was a win-win situation IMO. But I will be very disappointed if we don't address the QB position in some way this upcoming off-season. Whether it be trading Carr, cutting Carr, signing a vet to compete, or drafting a rookie to compete I want to see us evaluate some different options at this point. If they want to start fresh, that's fine, I'm cool with that. If they want to keep Carr, atleast sign a vet QB a la Plummer or Griese who has some starting experience and can legitimately challenge Carr for the position in camp, and make it known that Carr's place atop the depth charts is in jeopardy. At this point in his career, Carr isn't going to see a miraculous come around, and if our FO can't recognize that and atleast act like they're looking for alternative solutions than I can see next year being a very long one for me as a fan.

12. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

i'll support whoever our starter is. if, however, there's a guy on our roster more qualified than our starter, then i may pull for the more qualified guy.

for now, Carr's our man. His play's been lackluster of late, but just wait till he guns a deep ball to andre.

13. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I'm off the Carr wagon too.

14. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Back on it.

15. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Back off again.

16. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Back on it. :dance3:

17. Bullpen Drew

Bullpen Drew All Pro

I unhitched my trailer from the Carr...

18. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

Im off the Carr bandwagon too, but i dont consider myself a "CARR HATER". HATE is such a strong word. I mean its not like the guy is Ryan Leaf. The guy has the physical tools to be qb in the nfl, but i think his time in Houston is up. He will never LEAD this team to the promise land. A fresh start would be in the best interest for both parties IMO....

WWJD likes this.
  19. QB75

QB75 Veteran

Yeah, that's a good reason.

20. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

I think it's time for the team to look elsewhere for a QB.

Whether it's his fault or not I think the team would be better served to have a new starter next year.