I'm not sure about the RB pick...

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by USMC_dude, Apr 24, 2005.

1. USMC_dude

USMC_dude Rookie

Oh no, a running back? ok, now I'm a little worried. True all teams can use a few good running backs, but that was not our weakest point. In fact, we are fairly set at running back. What about left tackle? what about a line backer? what about our D-line? Come on now guys. Yes, we have a very strong secondary, but we can't pressure the pass. We can't protect Carr. What's going on here?!?!?

Please Football Gods, give me the strength to believe in my GMs picks.

2. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

All I could find was "from Dallas."

How did we get this pick?

Also, ummm, why did we pick a running back?

3. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

This pick was the 3 Dallas gave us for Drew Henson so this running back is the final result of the 6 we used on him.

4. cadahnic

cadahnic All Pro

We picked a running back because Hollings is obviously out the door if he cannot stay healthy. Hollings is a 2nd round pick I think and he has not been healthy one season. DD may have injury concerns but he is a rookie of the year and he put up 1188yds and 13TDs which is not to damn bad. Morency is the same type of back and he will be our Mewelde Moore if DD cannot perform. Wells should no longer be classified as a RB he is now an H-back. I dont like the pick personally but we did need to get a RB at some point in the draft. I think we passed on some good players who slipped for no reason.

5. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

I didn't know about Wells :-( My poor OSU boy!

6. Crazygomer

Crazygomer Rookie

Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to texas!

...........I'm sorry, I was an Houston fan back in 2001 in Ohio, Go Texans!!!

7. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

:thumbup If Morency ran a 4.4 or a 4.5 he would of been a 1st round pick . I guess he was one of their guys .

8. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

Somebody stated earlier the guy had a hamstring issue at the combine. There was a clip of him outrunning Derrick Johnson to the goalline. Did you happen to see that clip? I am sure the Texan scouts evaluated him thoroughly.