i'm getting a little pissed.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by EllisUnit, Mar 13, 2012.

1. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

We have cut some players i think we needed. Players that made an impact, and then we have some free agents who we havent even thrown offers to. We're just setting back and letting division foes (TITANS) talk to one of the best Centers in the NFL.

What does the FO think ? Just cause we have arian foster we dont need an o-line to block for him and our fragile QB ?

I know its the first day of free agency but,,,,,,,seriously. What the hell is going on ? We won the division last season,,,,whoopty F'ing Doo. Try to get better. McNair and Smith sure know how to make us Sweat !!!

2. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I don't think Rick Smith are letting these guy go without offers because they think it makes us better. I think they're doing it because we're in a pretty bad salary cap situation. Worse than originally thought which is bad news.

Worse case scenario, we go from a team who had talent to a team who still has talent but lots of holes to fill. If Mario and Myers are gone, we go from not only having to upgrade at WR, but also finding two new offensive lineman, depth at O-line, and depth on the D-line/linebacker. That's 5 major losses at least, and not enough money to spend in free agency to actually upgrade those positions. I hope this scenario doesn't happen. If so, well, we better hope we knock it out of the fking park in the draft (and say a few Hail Mary's while we're at it).

3. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

In order to get more cap space, I hear the Texans FO will soon be extending a new offer to teams interested.

[​IMG]

:toropalm:

4. EllisUnit

we all know we are not resigning mario. The could of kept Winston and signed myers. We have had one of the top O-Lines in football the past 2 seasons. I just dont get it.

5. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

It's not like we're cutting people just for the hell of it, lol.

6. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

i remember only like 3 years ago when Chris myers was called the worst player on our Oline getting like 4 flags a game getting Straight Beat by monster NT

and now look at him

I sure hope Rick and kubes know WTF there doing LOL

Im on the Lets keep CHris myers by the way unless they can for see a Badass Center that falls to us in the draft ???? who knows

7. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

They might not have just "sat back" and let the tits talk to Myers. It's possible that the Texans made him an offer, but he wanted to test the FA market.
    No matter what they night have offered him, he is a free agent, and the Texans have zero control over what he does, or who he talk to.

If he decided he 100% wanted to test the market, not offer, at any time in the last year, would stop him from doing it.

8. EllisUnit

i understand that, but explain winston. The guy was not that big of a hit on the cap. I know a lot of people didnt like him, but outside of us drafting a guy who in the hell is going to replace him.

UNLESS they want to get a guy who can protect the QBs blind side, hence Yates in a season or 2. i dunno.

9. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

I can't explain Winston. Totally stumped on that one.
    It makes so little sense to me, that I'm going to have faith that it makes perfect sense to someone in the FO that knows more than me. Does that make any sense at all? lol

10. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

u know this is our first taste of PLayer loyalty to a team this is what its like to be a good team LOL ya know

seeing players we made run off looking for a BIg ol payday because they earned it IMO

Mario could of said u know what i might make less money staying with the texans but dammit i care more about winning im stayin

Winston could of been like im not talkin to no one im going to resign with the texans with like a 2 million dollar deal

all the players could be like that ..... but everyone is different i guess

11. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

Yates isn't left handed.

12. EllisUnit

crap, that was leinart for 1 game. i'm so rattled just trying to make up excuses for what i have seen happen today with my beloved team.

dalemurphy likes this.
  13. leebigeztx

leebigeztx Hall of Fame

Certain players (mario) have an offer on the texans table waiting for him. Meyers deal is there too, but think he's worth more. In terms of winston, kubiak said he wanted competition at tackle and I'm sure he wasn't talking about brown either. Or maybe its the 17 sacks winston gave up the last 2 yrs.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  14. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Kind of feel like a kid invited to a Christmas party where's there's presents under the tree for everyone but me -- just watching the other kids open theirs. [​IMG]

TejasTom likes this.
  15. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

The good teams don't do crazy **** on the first day of free agency.

I'm glad to be included in that. Championships are not won on March 11.

SeƱor Stan and EVOLVIST like this.
  16. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I dont know why some of yall are getting sad or mad that we Cut winston the dude was straight Garbage IMO

17. EllisUnit

No doubt man, i have not heard the texans mentioned ONE time today except when they talk about players from the texans going/talking to other teams. This is sad.

To me Mario was not a priority, dont get me wrong i would of loved to of gotten him back for a not back breaking price, but that wont happen.

Maybe McNair, Smith and Kubiak were still celebrating from "MAKING" the play-offs that they forgot all about free agency.

18. EllisUnit

think back to 02 and 03, that my friend was garbage. 17 sacks in 2 seasons ??? Think back we gave up like 150 sacks in those 2 seasons.

The grass aint always greener on the other side.

19. Scooter

Scooter Funky

as i said elsewhere, i'm worried, but i cant be angry or upset with what we're doing until i see the whole picture. as a bad example ... if we sign peyton manning it makes sense to drop our run only offensive members like winston and vickers as well as balanced mario and run focused demeco. that would allow us to retool without losing anything we'd miss next season.

i dont believe that to be the case, but if such an example is available, i want to believe that something more probable and feasible is in the works until proven otherwise.

20. SW H-TOWN

SW H-TOWN All Pro

Yes, I'm aggravated that after the cutting and restructuring we let every single one of our UFA hit the free market. I really don't like the fact that a team owned by Bud Adams is talking numbers with Myers and or his agent. My mom had a friend who was his neighbor in Houston many years ago and said that Bud Adams was the biggest turd he had ever met.