Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

I'm A Winner

Drew_Smoke

@Drew_Smoke
I have waited my whole life to say that...lol?

My kid LOVES Taco Bell (calls it TB, I explain TB is a disease) but my not being your average white boy, I no likee too much. Ok...not at all.

Anyway...I send a link to my kid about this tailgate and guess what!

Hello Winner!
You recently registered on-line @ HoustonTexans.com to participate in the Taco Bell/ Houston Texans Tailgate Fiesta. We are pleased to tell you that your name has been drawn as a WINNER. You are invited to a tailgate party on December, 28th 2008 at Reliant Stadium in Houston, hosted by Taco Bell, and to attend the Texans/Bears game at noon on that same date, as guest of Taco Bell.

Please know that you must be eighteen (18) years old or older to participate in this event. You were asked this when you registered on-line and you will be asked to show a photo ID when signing in at the tailgate party.

Please respond by e-mail and let us know if you plan to attend and a prize certificate, with parking pass, will be mailed to the address you entered when registering on-line. Provisions can be made for you to transfer these tickets to a third party. This process will be explained in the mailing.

If you plan to participate in the Taco Bell tailgate Fiesta and attend the Texans/Bears game on 12/28/08, please respond to this e-mail no later than Wednesday 12/10/08 at 10:00 pm CST.

I have waited my whole life to say that...lol?

My kid LOVES Taco Bell (calls it TB, I explain TB is a disease) but my not being your average white boy, I no likee too much. Ok...not at all.
please don't confuse taco bell with Mexican food. It is the quintessential "white boy" food.

please don't confuse taco bell with Mexican food. It is the quintessential "white boy" food.

I don't even think I'd go that far. I usually refer to it as dog food because that's what the meat they use reminds me of. Although there was one time where my dog wouldn't even eat it.

My brother, who was born & raised here in Houston, recently moved to Kentucky and he reminds me all the time how lucky we are to have such good mexican food places around us. The farther north you go the worse the mexican food gets.

You won't catch me in one. There are alot of houses going up around me here. I have gotten to know which taco trucks to catch and which to avoid.

My kids think I am wack for eating from them.

But Crunchwraps (eww).....all day long.

I don't even think I'd go that far. I usually refer to it as dog food because that's what the meat they use reminds me of. Although there was one time where my dog wouldn't even eat it.

My brother, who was born & raised here in Houston, recently moved to Kentucky and he reminds me all the time how lucky we are to have such good mexican food places around us. The farther north you go the worse the mexican food gets.

Your right about that...ate at a "Chi-Chi's" once and the food tasted like crap and the Margarita tasted like dishwater.

I have a hard time finding good Mexican food in Houston. Tex Mex is every where. However, Tex Mex is actually easy to find in the north. At least in Ohio, Nebraska, and Denver, due to the large number of immigrants.

I have a hard time finding good Mexican food in Houston. Tex Mex is every where. However, Tex Mex is actually easy to find in the north. At least in Ohio, Nebraska, and Denver, due to the large number of immigrants.

I can't speak to Nebraska or Ohio, but what they serve in Iowa is NOT Tex-Mex. 3 peices of hard, dry skirt steak in a cold tortilla does not qualify. Similar experience in Balston (Arlington Va.).

I can't speak to Nebraska or Ohio, but what they serve in Iowa is NOT Tex-Mex. 3 peices of hard skirt steak in a cold tortilla does not qualify. Similar experience in Balston (Arlington Va.).

It might have something to do with the company you were with that lead you to the WRONG Tex-Mex restaurant...do ya think?

It might have something to do with the company you were with that lead you to the WRONG Tex-Mex restaurant...do ya think?

Maybe, but it also could be Iowa City.... (??) Just sayin'. Oh, and there was no A-1 sauce. ;)

For those who haven't tried it, I recommend (as do other posters here):

Tony's Mexican Restaurant
2222 Ella Blvd , Houston , TX , 77008-2706

There is a Tony's in Katy too. Mason Rd and Cimmaron I believe.

Sylvia's on Westhiemer near Dairy Ashford is very good for enchiladas. Stick to those though.

I am 2-0 at Texans games this year... I wish I could come to this game. wife shot me a look when I mentioned it.... dang why cant houston be closer

The best Mexican food I have ever eaten was in New York City. Years ago when my nephew lived there he took me to a small restaurant in the basement of a brownstone. No signs to advertise, about 5 tables, and when the owner found out I was from Texas the sweetest lady on the face of the earth showed up and made sure we sampled every type of Mexican food available. I remember so well because it was one of my fondest trips to the Big Apple to visit my wonderful nephew, who has since passed away. I have NEVER eaten better Mexican food since, anywhere.

The last two times I ate at Casa Ole I got so sick it took me two days to recover. I will NEVER go back. TB is what it is, a fast food joint with nondiscript stuff to eat. Best Mexican Rest in Pasadena is Montereys. JMO.

Congrats on the win Roc. It should be fun just being there, and esp seeing the game.

Maybe, but it also could be Iowa City.... (??) Just sayin'. Oh, and there was no A-1 sauce. ;)

I love the Gudalajara locations in the Woodlands & the one off 59/Buffalo Speedway (the I-10 location always has COLD food). For smaller "hole-in-the-wall" action - Los Dos Amigos on Washington & El Palenque up @ 2920 & I-45.

What about Ninfas,Cafe Adobe,Las Rosas(in Cypress),the list goes on...I love Mexican food and Houston has been the best place out of everywhere I have been.

There was actually a good place at Marthas Vineyard that has since closed but was very suprised.

As far as Taco Bell, it is amazing! Cheap, good, open like all the time.
Does it get better?

Darn I always thought that Taco Bell was a mexican phone company, now your telling me its Mexican food, no woner thay always looked at me funny when I asked for touch tone phone service.

Your right about that...ate at a "Chi-Chi's" once and the food tasted like crap and the Margarita tasted like dishwater.

The only good thing about Chi-Chi's back in the day (early 1980's) was that they didn't card and those Margaritas were cheap. I remember going into the one on Westheimer back then and seeing half of the Stratford class of 1984 in their loading up.

For me nowdays it's Lupe Tortilla's.

You all suck. I am in Pittsburgh and can't find anything worth a damn. Luckily I will be back in the TX over the holidays and will leave 10 lbs heavier. After living up here for 2 years I would even be happy with a Taco Cabana.

You poor mexican food illiterate bastages LOL Come to San Antonio, pick any corner taco place, eat, savor, learn :)

If you wanna do the sit and eat, try El Jarro De Arturo, Mi Tierra's, Salsalito's.

Got the Schlitterbahn bug and don't wanna drive back into SA, hit up Herbert's here in New Braunfels.

Everything else is Dogfood :)

Back