Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

I'm a little sad, but know it's for the best

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, but today, I am a little sad.

I remember watching the 02 draft, and being ecstatic, thinking David was the person who was going to take us where we needed to be. I thought he had all the physical tools, the mental ones as well. Plus, I thought he'd be a very good face for our new team.

I think it's best for him to go, but it still doesn't mean I am not disappointed to see him leave, and I still wish he could have carried us.

David is one heck of a young man. He represents everything I try and teach my students to be on a regular basis. I wish him nothing but the best, and I know he will be successful wherever he goes.

Thanks for everything David! I only hope we are respectful to him when he plays in Reliant next time.

WELCOME MATT SCHAUB!

I agree with you...But i think Carr will do better elsewhere...He no longer fit in with the Texans and Houston, but being he started with the Texans, its still hard to let go......I pray Matt is a big success here...This is the change we needed...

I'm a little sad, but know it's for the best.

Nice guys finish last and good riddance, David Carr.

Sincerely,

ALL JUBILIANT TEXANS FANS!

:fans: :francis:

I agree with you...But i think Carr will do better elsewhere...He no longer fit in with the Texans and Houston, but being he started with the Texans, its still hard to let go......I pray Matt is a big success here...This is the change we needed...

I feel a Major Payne quote coming on.

I wonder if he needs help packing.

I had the priviledge of meeting David and was always a fan of him and the Texans! Hw is a stand up guy and was the face of this franchise through thick and thin (mostly thin) and was our poster boy and whipping boy. I almost cried when I heard the news, and widh him the best of luck wherever he goes. His new team will be who I root for when the Texans aren't on. I am a Texans fan first and foremost though and welcome Matt Schaub with open arms and hope that he can take us to where we need to be as a TEAM. Good luck and Godspeed David...You will be missed in Houston.

Texans Pride, I agree 100%. Carr represented this organization, and this city, well.

Nice guys finish last and good riddance, David Carr.

I guess the Texans are doomed for the cellar, because Schaub seems like a pretty good guy, himself.

banner.jpg

Great banner! Is it just me, or does anyone else think DeMeco is due a trip to the barber?

Texans Pride, I agree 100%. Carr represented this organization, and this city, well.

I guess the Texans are doomed for the cellar, because Schaub seems like a pretty good guy, himself.

banner.jpg

Great banner! Is it just me, or does anyone else think DeMeco is due a trip to the barber?

We don't know much about Schaub yet. Everyone keeps saying how David Carr is a good guy, family man, goes to church, etc. Too bad he's a nice guy always finishing last.

Carr's legacy will be one that the Texans failed him, not that he failed the Texans.

I am of the opinion that it was time for a change for both David and the Texans in order for all to grow. The class he showed by taking the high road and not getting caught up in all the negative publicity he has endured throughout the past couple years make me respect him tremendously as a person. I do hope that he goes to a team and succeeds with a fresh start.

Carr's legacy is nothing but a lack of leadership, losing seasons, endless excuses and an Owner that was in denial for far too long.

haha try Section 134, 15th row end zone seats. pimping seats to say the least

dont hate on me :)

There are Halliburton Heroes that regularly sit in 101 row EE-ish as well. There has been a very .... "opinionated" anti-Carr person up there for the last couple of years.

There are Halliburton Heroes that regularly sit in 101 row EE-ish as well. There has been a very .... "opinionated" anti-Carr person up there for the last couple of years.

the guys that get the face time on the big screen and are honored over the PA are right in front of us in section 134. there are anti-carr people everywhere around my section because we are actually ponying up money for the product. It's easy to support a bad QB when you are watching at home and can just turn the TV off when it goes bad. that wasnt directed at you AJ or anyone in particular. Actually, I think you were trying to buy my Brown's tickets last year when I was letting them go at rock bottom prices :)

Everyone keeps saying how David Carr is a good guy, family man, goes to church, etc. Too bad he's a nice guy always finishing last.
Yeah, I know. Of all of the criticism, complaints, and whining regarding David Carr, that line of 'reasoning' has been hands down the most asinine.

Why do I feel like I'm breaking up with my high school girlfriend? It's almost like when we leave for college and know it's best to break up with her before we leave. It sux but we know it's the best thing for the both of us.

Why do I feel like I'm breaking up with my high school girlfriend? It's almost like when we leave for college and know it's best to break up with her before we leave. It sux but we know it's the best thing for the both of us.

i couldnt disagree more. it feels like a big albatross is off our neck. i have been waiting for a real QB for 5 years.....hopefully the wait is over

the guys that get the face time on the big screen and are honored over the PA are right in front of us in section 134. there are anti-carr people everywhere around my section because we are actually ponying up money for the product. It's easy to support a bad QB when you are watching at home and can just turn the TV off when it goes bad. that wasnt directed at you AJ or anyone in particular. Actually, I think you were trying to buy my Brown's tickets last year when I was letting them go at rock bottom prices :)

Ok, maybe I was just imagining the Halliburton Heroes in the Section next to mine (in the seats I've occupied for all 50 Texans home games) .... and yeah, I guess you could just turn off the tv while watching from home but I wouldn't know since I'm always at Reliant until 0:00 - except for that one Titans game a few years ago when I got pissed and left early.

Like I said, there's ONE (or should I say 'was' one) highly opinionated anti Carr fan in the upper reaches of 101 that reminded me a bit of your message board persona. Don't blame me. It's just a mental association I happened to make for some reason. The word "bum" was the key, combined with the mention of the Halliburton seats. But I'm guessing the Big H can afford more than a few for their heroes and heroines.

As far as your Browns tix, I often buy extra seats for family and friends that I take to games. You were selling. I was looking. What exactly does that have to do with anything? If you'll recall, I was willing to drive 50 miles to buy your discounted tickets at 10:00 pm the night before the game but you had already sold them.

And as far as ponying up for the NFL product in this city (this isn't directed to you or anyone in particular), I've 'invested' a lot - monetary and otherwise - in Houston's NFL teams since the late 70's - but I usually don't whine about what I spend on tickets. If it gets to the point where I feel like I'm done. I'm done. Kind of like Gump. In the mean time, I'm there god willin' and hoping for the best and expressing my opinion in my own way.

As far as the thread title, I'm not sad Carr is gone - actually quite the opposite.** But I'm frustrated that it's been 14 years since I've seen a winner in this city. And I'm frustrated over the multitude of mistakes this franchise has made, some of which that the owner owned up to today.

** and before some of you start mindlessley tapping the h-a-t- ... sequence, here's what's been hanging just a few feet from me on my home office wall for the last 5 years - it's the Chronicle Sports front page from September 9, 2002 framed with my two "Inaugural Game" tickets. That display's not going anywhere because that was in my top three of special NFL moments to witness.

carrpic.jpg

Yeah, I know. Of all of the criticism, complaints, and whining regarding David Carr, that line of 'reasoning' has been hands down the most asinine.

I'm not stating that being a nice guy is one of the reasons I'm glad he's going. When I said nice guys finished last, I meant his bad luck he had w/ us.

He might be a great citizen, but that doesn't win you football games.

Ok, maybe I was just imagining the Halliburton Heroes in the Section next to mine (in the seats I've occupied for all 50 Texans home games) .... and yeah, I guess you could just turn off the tv while watching from home but I wouldn't know since I'm always at Reliant until 0:00 - except for that one Titans game a few years ago when I got pissed and left early.

Like I said, there's ONE (or should I say 'was' one) highly opinionated anti Carr fan in the upper reaches of 101 that reminded me a bit of your message board persona. Don't blame me. It's just a mental association I happened to make for some reason. The word "bum" was the key, combined with the mention of the Halliburton seats. But I'm guessing the Big H can afford more than a few for their heroes and heroines.

As far as your Browns tix, I often buy extra seats for family and friends that I take to games. You were selling. I was looking. What exactly does that have to do with anything? If you'll recall, I was willing to drive 50 miles to buy your discounted tickets at 10:00 pm the night before the game but you had already sold them.

And as far as ponying up for the NFL product in this city (this isn't directed to you or anyone in particular), I've 'invested' a lot - monetary and otherwise - in Houston's NFL teams since the late 70's - but I usually don't whine about what I spend on tickets. If it gets to the point where I feel like I'm done. I'm done. Kind of like Gump. In the mean time, I'm there god willin' and hoping for the best and expressing my opinion in my own way.

As far as the thread title, I'm not sad Carr is gone - actually quite the opposite.** But I'm frustrated that it's been 14 years since I've seen a winner in this city. And I'm frustrated over the multitude of mistakes this franchise has made, some of which that the owner owned up to today.

** and before some of you start mindlessley tapping the h-a-t- ... sequence, here's what's been hanging just a few feet from me on my home office wall for the last 5 years - it's the Chronicle Sports front page from September 9, 2002 framed with my two "Inaugural Game" tickets. That display's not going anywhere because that was in my top three of special NFL moments to witness.

carrpic.jpg

I think you took what I was saying as an affront to you somehow...dunno. words can be misinterpreted so easily....oh well

i couldnt disagree more. it feels like a big albatross is off our neck. i have been waiting for a real QB for 5 years.....hopefully the wait is over

We all know. You say it in every ding dang Carr thread ever made. You can quit saying it now. It's true, he will be leaving us soon. Maybe not soon enough for you, but too soon for some of us.

Does anyone else feel like a mutual break up just happened? haha im gettin that feeling like well its best were sperated but man i hate to see him go. just my two cents

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, but today, I am a little sad.

I remember watching the 02 draft, and being ecstatic, thinking David was the person who was going to take us where we needed to be. I thought he had all the physical tools, the mental ones as well. Plus, I thought he'd be a very good face for our new team.

I think it's best for him to go, but it still doesn't mean I am not disappointed to see him leave, and I still wish he could have carried us.

David is one heck of a young man. He represents everything I try and teach my students to be on a regular basis. I wish him nothing but the best, and I know he will be successful wherever he goes.

Thanks for everything David! I only hope we are respectful to him when he plays in Reliant next time.

You absolutely stole my thunder. I came here to post the question, "Will you miss David?" I meant this in a nostalgic sense, thinking of the excitement that was the beginning of the Texans franchise.

However, you said it perfectly, so that's why I quoted you again. David Carr is a classy guy, and I will miss him as part of our team. Like him or not, he is a part of this team's unchangeable history, and he was a source of excitement for everyone, at one time or another.

Thanks David.

I think Carr will be good if he gets to the right team. I would like to see the Carolina Panthers give him a chance.

That reminded me of the call I'm going to make to SportsRadio610 someday.

"Hi guys ... first time caller, long time listener ... the previous caller stole my thunder ... I'll hang up and listen."

Back