If you were JJ Watt, would you stay?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by AndyWin, Nov 10, 2013.

1. AndyWin

AndyWin Nguyenning

It must be so frustrating for him to single handedly carry this defense and make big play after big play after big play only to lose 7 straight games. Watch our secondary make bonehaded plays & mistakes every week. Watch our offense not make the big play when it's needed.

He's gonna go to a contender right? No way he stays in Houston. :(

2. Bulls on Parade

Bulls on Parade Hall of Fame

We're in position to select a dominating defensive player with our first-round draft pick in 2014. We may soon add another force up front to take some pressure off of Watt. I think he'll stay long term. We're going to be a great team again in 2014. All we have to do is add more young talent around him on the defensive side of the ball.

3. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

Why are people worried about this NOW? he's still under our control for at least 2 years.

Who's to say he doesn't see "change" coming just like the fanbase?

4. AndyWin

AndyWin Nguyenning

Lol what makes you think we'll be a great team "again"? Our special teams is atrocious and Marciano is riding a free ride. Our secondary makes huge mistakes every week whether it's a penalty or a missed coverage for long TDs. Our O-Line has looked awful. Our young QB can't read the blitz and would rather gamble deep than move the chains. Our #1 RB is having BACK surgery. The only promise on this team is at D-Line...

5. DX-TEX

DX-TEX Hall of Fame

This is a dumb question. He CAN NOT go anywhere!

Under contract another year, then a team option year under contract, then two years of possible franchise tag.

6. Rey

Rey Guest

He has no choice, but if my goal was to win a Super Bowl, I would not stay if this regime was brought back.

7. Bulls on Parade

Bulls on Parade Hall of Fame

We barely lost the last three games, to three teams that will probably make the playoffs, by a combined seven points. Those three games are likely wins with a healthy Arian Foster and Brian Cushing.

Not to mention if we can add a reliable kicker in the off-season. We may be 2-7 but I see plenty of great opportunities for the Texans to become a playoff contender again going into next season. All we need is a good draft and a couple important players coming back healthy.

8. Seegara

Seegara All Pro

As soon as he's a free agent, he'll be gone. It's plain to see JJ cares about winning. He won't stay with a franchise that has no chance to succeed.

9. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Love JJ, but, he'll be gone. And, for his sake, I want him to go. He wants to win a ring. He can't waste his career here waiting for it to happen.

As for money, he will get paid no matter where he goes. His profile is national. Money will not be an issue.

As I said before, McNair, at some point, will have to choose between JJ and Kubiak.

JJ will not stay.

Seegara likes this.
  10. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Yes, if I was JJ Watt I would honor my contract and right the ship.

11. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

We have 2 years to get things right. I just can't comprehend how you have JJ Watt on your team, and noone else can take advantage of his presence.

12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

I can imagine JJ watches AJ who's given his career to this sh!tty franchise and has made up his mind that he doesn't want it to go like that. I think JJ should leave this crappy team and I would too. It sucks that I'm a fan so I'm kind of stuck with them but JJ is not.

13. houstonspartan

Have we taken advantage of Andre Johnson?

14. Trap_Star

I have no doubt JJ will be the next Andre Johnson to this team. The only team i can legitimately see him leaving to is the GB Packers, even then I just can't see him up and leaving. he has entrenched himself to the city, not just the team. Kubiak will NOT be here in 2 years.

15. Mr. Texan

Mr. Texan I'm A Texan

If i was Watt i would stay. Who cares about rings? Get that max contract. Cash rules everything around me, C.R.E.A.M. Get the money; dolla, dolla bill yall. :)

16. Gotta Know

Gotta Know Rookie

The ill-will from that would permeate the organization for years to come. There wouldn't be a single good player willing to sign with the Texans.

FWIW: JJ will play his heart out for this team while under contract but he will not be here after his rookie contract unless he believes the team has a chance at the Super Bowl. It's just the way he's wired.

17. Trap_Star

People take his unwillingness to accept failure as a sign that he's itching to quit. That's not the kind of person i sense he is. He's blue collar, work hard all the way.

In fact, we need more players and coaches with the same attitude. I'm tired of hearing the same bull**** after every loss for the last 11 years.

"we just gotta continue to work and get better" blah, blah, blah. so sick of that. Give me 53 players that hate losing more than they enjoy winning.

Double Barrel likes this.
  18. awc713

awc713 Rookie

dumbest thread i've seen in a while. no reason to think watt doesn't love htown.

we had a down year. so what. he's not hitting the market for a long time, and we'll lock him up way before that ever happens.

watt will be a texan for life.

19. houstonspartan

Why wouldn't he leave?

Ok, he likes the city. So?

JJ is a nice guy, but he wants a ring. Say that slowly: He. Wants. A. Ring.

How do you know if Kubiak won't be here in two years?

I'm guessing we're stuck with Kubiak for another 10 years, or until Kubiak wants to leave on his own.

Why should JJ put up with that?

20. houstonspartan

He's not itching to quit. I'm just saying he wants a ring, and that he will eventually realize he can't waste his career like Andre.

Nothing wrong with that.