If you watch the news tonight.....

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans Pride, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Texans Pride

Texans Pride Hall of Fame

Hey guys I live in Denver and don't get to hear many interviews or commentary from the local media in Houston.

If anyone watches the 10 pm news tonight and hears anything of importance or interest could you please give a post here.

Thanks everyone

2. Paragon Blue

Paragon Blue Veteran

Can someone also post what they say on Texans wrap at 11 pm on Fox sportssouthwest. PLEASE!!!!!!!!

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Veteran

"Texans lose.....Carr sacked 7 times.....Now, back to the Astros....What a game!!!" :yahoo:

4. Peldon

Peldon All Pro

McNair just said any coaching changes would be up to Capers. Now if that is just being politically correct or not I don't know.

Capers seems to think we have the talent but just need to try harder and work at fixing what's wrong. "We need to look at the positives and correct the negatives." It's like a broken record with this guy.

Casserly seems to be taking the Capers line and just say we will get better with time and work.

It's the same as always. I bet you could take the coaches thoughts from season one and they would be the same as now almost word for word.

5. Scooter

Scooter Funky

watching bob allan's texans wrap and his interview with bob mcnair had some things of interest.

allan - "where do you point the finger?"
    mcnair - "it starts with me"

that was something i liked, because he owned up to his responsibilites as the man in charge (where as casserly & capers both skirted the question), and because he doesnt appear to have much of any tolerance left for the situation.

allan - "do you see any more coaching changes in the near future?"
    mcnair - "i hope not, but that's up to capers"

time out. personal foul. flags littering the field. capers' staff has run this team into the ground. that statement scares the poop out of me. it might not be that bad though. i'm hoping like hell that his intention with that statement was that it doesnt matter because they'll all be gone at the end of the season though.

thoughts?

6. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Casserly said pretty much nothing on Bob Allens show. McNair said "coaching changes" are up to Capers when interviewed by Allen. :brickwall

7. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

Maybe he means it is up to Capers as in winning to save his job and not Capers firing an assisstant.

8. Scooter

Scooter Funky

has casserly ever said anything on his show? most insight i've gotten is "yeah that was a good run by ..." and "yeah we need to work on ..." during the replays.

9. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

thats what i was thinking bckey..

could he have meant it as "I dont know if I will have to fire capers or not, that depends on him" ??

10. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

That's exactly how I read it. Coaching changes and him being replaced as a headcoach are on Capers.

11. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

you guys keep missing the hidden point (can't blame you, really) McNair said they must do a better job protecting Carr. this has been a recurrent theme & I say it starts with benching Riley and moving Pitts back to left tackle, Mckinney LG, Todd Washington Center, Zach Weigert RG and give Wade one more start @ RT and evaluate his performance which to this point for the money invested has been a bust.