Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

If you had to choose...

snoopmeg2002

Practice Squad
If you had to choose between the Eagles, the Jets, the Falcons and the Ravens, which team do you think would compliment DD the best?

Probably the Jets because they've got a great OLine, and they've got Martin there as a starter so DD wouldn't have to be the workhorse back.

The Eagles, because they run a west coast offense so they would be able to utilize not only his running ability, but his pass catching skills also. He would fit perfect in their system. He would become the next preist holmes or marshal faulk in that system. People knock DD for his lack of break away speed, but for a 4th round rb he has a extremely well rounded skill set as running and pass catching goes, there are rbs taken in the first round that don't have the skills that he has. The problem is that DD has had problems staying healthy, he has to clear that up THIS year if he is going to be a star in this league.

The only reason I wouldn't put him with the Eagles is because they already have Westbrook. He's just a faster version of DD.

texasguy346 said:
The only reason I wouldn't put him with the Eagles is because they already have Westbrook. He's just a faster version of DD.

I was assuming that when asked which team would you think he would be most productive in, that it meant "if given the starting role" which team would he be the most productive in. Westbrook is a fine player, like DD he came out of nowhere. DD is a fine player, he just has to stay healthy, because when he is healthy he is productive.

Actually Westbrook holds the all-time national record with 9,885 all-purpose yards in NCAA Division I-AA football. He is the only player in Division I-AA history to score 160 points in a year, and he did it twice. He was drafted on the first day of the NFL draft.

2001 SEASON
Consensus All-America and All-Atlantic 10 Conference first-team choice … Recipient of the Walter Payton Award, given to the top player in the NCAA Division I-AA ranks … Was named Offensive Player of the Year by the Atlantic 10 Conference and Eastern College Athletic Conference … Started every game, amassing 2,835 yards in total offense … Carried 249 times for 1,603 yards (6.4 avg) and 22 touchdowns … Caught 59 passes for 658 yards (11.2 avg) and six scores … Returned 17 kickoffs for 440 yards (25.9 avg) and a touchdown … Had eight punt returns for 122 yards (15.2 avg) … His 176 points scored topped his old 1998 school season record of 160 points … His 29 total touchdowns set a conference and Wildcats season record … His 1,603 yards rushing shattered his previous school record of 1,220 yards set in 2000.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/profiles/westbrook_brian.htm

I wasn't talking about what he did in college. He still exploded on the scene in the nfl and single handedly saved their 2003 season and also made them more than comfortable in their decision to let staley go. I Believe he was a 3rd round pick (not certain on that, so don't crucify me on that) and 3rd round picks at the rb position aren't projected to have the career that he is having

also is this thread about if DD was handed the starting role with those teams are what, because if not then whats the point in even discussing them.

Just pointing out that he really didn't come out of nowhere. He was highly regarded while Dom wasn't. Dom indeed came out of nowhere. Westbrook was on the radar of many teams on draft day.

Back