If you are Carr do you quit the Texans this year?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Rightnow, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Rightnow

Rightnow Veteran

David Carr has the potential to be a very good quarterback in this league. There are teams like the Ravens or the Bears that would kill to have Carr.

If at the end of this season he gets sacked for an average like yesterday (5x16=80) eighty times, does he demand to leave?

I would. Even if my career is no better, at least I will be able to walk without a cain when I'm 30. The Texans could probably get at least a 2nd and 3rd round pick for him. Then Bob fires the entire front office and starts fresh and new.

2. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

My answer is yes. I'm not saying that Carr is the next Aikmen, Montana, Elway, etc., etc., but that O-line endangers his health AND makes him look really bad. I can't believe we are in our fourth year and have a line that gets blown away like that. It's pathetic.

I wouldn't blame him or AJ if they left together and wound up on the same team, although I have no idea what AJ's contract status is.

3. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

if he does quit, it will when Casserly says "you can quit or we can fire you, which one is your choice".

No team in the NFL is going to put him under center as a starter, cause the rest of the NFL can see he ain't smart enough to run an offense.

4. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

I hope so!

5. profan

profan Veteran

if no significant changes are made, it's time for carr to move on to another team that will give him a chance to succeed. The texans have not provided him with protection and have not advanced him a a qb.

6. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

I don't think we've picked up his option yet have we?

7. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Did you notice yesterday when Carr threw one of his INT's was one of the ONLY times he had time?

8. profan

profan Veteran

Yes, i did, we have not advanced him as a qb. He's either not getting enough time, or makes bad choices when he has time. He needs a better line and coach to help him suceed, or he may just not have IT. With andre getting triple coverage, one would expect another receiver to be open. He locks onto receivers early allowing defenders to react.

9. texan_fan

texan_fan Rookie

First of all, this is crazy!

IT IS NOT DAVID'S FAULT! If he had a decent O-line that gave him time to make plays and was still making consistant mistakes, then I'd say OK, maybe we have a problem...

Reality is he's working with what he's been given, and you have to give the man credit for guttin' it out week in and week out, KNOWING he's going to spend those 3 hours running for his life before eventually being put on his a**.

You want to blame someone? Blame the coaching staff...all the way to the top! I promise you...you put the putz in there ( Brady ) and he'd have the same problems.

Yesterday during the game, someone had the nerve to compare David to Rob Johnson. That was just....WRONG! RJ made bad decisions. He HAD protection, he just didn't know what to do. David KNOWS what to do, he just hasn't been given the opportunity to DO it.

David, if you're reading this, please don't give up on us. But, if I were you, I would be DEMANDING a new O-line...

:twocents:

eriadoc likes this.
  10. Tayton

Tayton Veteran

I disagree, David is playing very badly and has since the end of last year. No its not all his fault but 4 turnovers speaks volumes.

11. Chance_C

Chance_C Site Contributor

No offense to you, but I'm sick of reading this bull. David has to step up just like the rest of them. I'm pretty sure before the game he puts on his jock strap the same way everyone else does. I have always supported David and have always expected big things from him. I'm starting to worry now. It's kinda like Steve Francis. All that talent. All that ability. Just never could put it togethor on a consistent basis.

12. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

I have an idea, I think that Palmer and Pendry should play Qb this weekend and then lets see if they come back and tell us how great the zone block scheme is.

eriadoc likes this.
  13. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

We should get Vince Young next year, he'll be the scrambling queen of Texas!

Then we would get a QB that expects the line to collapse AND can run like a madman.. :)

14. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Why would we need to upgrade the O line if when Carr does have time he throws INT's? To give him more time to throw more INT's? I ain't saying our O line is perfect, but there are a lot of people here who are blaming everything and everyone under the sun for Carr's performance of late except for Carr...Carr has good arm strength and is mobile, but I guess that is about it. He has no field vision, he does not look off defenders, and his accuracy has been horrible lately. His rating was like 12.9 yesterday, his 2nd lowest in 4 years. IMO Carr is starting to show he will never be more than an average NFL QB who cannot remain consistent and will probably be a career #2 somewhere. I am just tired of alot of people here not even placing some of the blame on Carr...And people freaked when I posted about Carr in the preseason, "Oh it's just preseason, it doesn't mean anything" or "Just give him more time" or "we need a new O line", now some of those who were freaking are calling for his head...

15. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Why would the Ravens want another Boller?

16. bbills4life

bbills4life Rookie

Exactly! You can have Manning back there and he would be nowhere NEAR where he's at with Indy. Without an offensive line, you have NO OFFENSE. We've been fighting this problem for YEARS, and only now are things SLOWLY starting to come together.

17. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Who were you replying to Vinny?

18. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

this...

19. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Oh ok, missed it...

20. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

I am not Vinny, but re-read the original poster.