If we traded back, who would you want

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Brandon420tx, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

Me personally, would like Clint Stintim to pick up the SAM I AM spot.

2. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

Depending on how far back we go, I guess an OLB or S is a good choice. Maybe Delmas the FS out of Western Michigan would be good. He has been shooting up the draft boards lately. After the Combine I'll probably have a better idea. JMHO!

3. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

I like where you are going with this pick, but I think Stintim is a 3-4 guy. He is sorta like a hybrid OLB/DE. He played a similar position in college. I would target someone like Brain Cushing or Sean Smith (versatility - though I like him as a FS more than a CB)

4. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Paul Kruger, DE Utah

5. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

I'm not high on Cushing at all. There were a lot of rumors that he was on steroids. Don't know if they were true or not, but I wouldn't be to happy to get Cushing. I hate where we're picking to tell you the truth. It was fine until all of those idiots decided to stay an extra year.

If we were to trade back, man I think Delmas might be a decent guy to pick or possibly Lauranitus

6. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

i like Kruger as well. may be the perfect 'motor' guy opposite our more selective 'motor' Mario

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  7. Texecutioner

I think that Krugar could possibly be available with our second pick though.

8. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    Anybody think Johnson from G-Tech will be around in the late 1st? I wouldn't mind him at 25 as opposed to 15 where I wouldn't touch him with a 10 pick stick...

9. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

I don't think he will be. He's got a non-stop motor, he's got an unreal work ethic, and he's a pass-rusher. Those are all things that will make his value go up up up.

I think once coaches and GMs do the interviews and meet him face-to-face, they'll have the same thought I do - that whatever talent deficiencies he has, he can be coached up because of his motor and work ethic.

I bet he goes in the low first round.

10. Texecutioner

That all makes sense. You could easily be right. I guess we'll have to wait a couple of months after the combine and work outs to know where a lot of these guys are and how high they end up projecting and how far they fall.

I don't know if you saw the thread where I did a mock draft on another site and I posted the Texans picks, but I also had picked for the Jets and got Krugar for them in the 2nd round.

11. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

Of course it all depends on where we trade down to and who's available at that time. We could possibly trade down to mid 20's and possibly still get Patrick Chung, Sean Smith, or Louis Delmas. Other possibilities are Paul Kruger, but he's already been mentioned, Vontae Davis, Peria Jerry, Michael Johnson, Alphonso Smith, DJ Moore. It all depends on who's still on the board at #15, but a trade down is looking more possible every day.

12. Blake

Blake MMQB

Dropping back I think it would be great to pick up an elite runner like Greene or Moreno. Then with the 2nds we can still get a good safety and defensive end.

13. JWarren14

JWarren14 Beer Me

If we could trade back and get a 2nd round pick and somehow manage to get Alphonso and Delmas I would be thrilled. I don't think we need an elite runner, because of Slaton but a nice combo back would be good to have. Ayers might be there late in the 1st as well if we trade back, which I hope we do, nobody is really popping out at me that we couldn't get similar value at a lower draft position. The draft is too far away, sucks.

14. Sal Rosenberg

Sal Rosenberg All Pro

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/57/574557.jpg

I know you guys are going to kill me.I think Jeria Perry is a freak and his stock will rise.I hope the Texans get the opportunity to move back and take him only because he will be the best player available at any position.

15. rickyb

rickyb Scarlet is hot.

Wait. Are you talking about Jason Babin? :specnatz:

16. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

I might be. Or I might be talking about Kyle Vanden Bosch.

17. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

Babin didn't have "talent deficiencies". He ran a sub 4.6 at his pro day, and threw up around 30 reps at the combine. He was a great athlete, and an absolute beast in college. To this day I still don't know how he didn't have atleast a solid career.

18. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I am thinking more along these lines of a trade also. If Raji not there V.Davis is only player I'd give #15 for, but I think a trade down offers the possibility to get this CB with good size and speed later. If not there, we have plenty of choices. I think Atlanta may be open to trade up and give up a 2nd. We do have some history with that team and 2nd round selections being traded.

I am looking at: Robert Ayers DE at #25 2A Shonn Green RB 2B (Atl) Ron Brace NT 3 Rashad Johnson FS and 4 ?. Ayers is getting good push up ladder now but not sure where he will level at. As he seems to have all the traits required, I'd go for him if draft was today rather than more "potential" guys like Michael Johnson.The 4 guys in 3 rounds fill most of our glaring needs and I'd probably go with a LB or a speed back in 4th.

19. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

How does he help the Texans? Don't we already have same player in Okoye? How about a player who can stop the runner or collapse the pocket forcing QB to release early or get run over by Mario. Your guy is good at what he does but Texans don't need those skills.

20. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Kruger is like Boulman, but a little more athletic. Can't go wrong there.

If Sintim can be average in coverage and shut the run down, then he may be worth looking into. Drop him to DE on long yardage and things look up.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009