If we take Bush, will you be upset?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexanSam, Jan 8, 2006.

1. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Before Vince Young's marvelous game against USC, a bunch of you were all for Bush coming here. If the Texans do pay Carr for the next 2 or 3 years (depending on which option they take) and don't draft Young and take Bush, will you be upset?

2. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

No, I won't be upset. Bush, linemen, and defense is fine with me.

3. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Of course I will not be upset, but I will be disappointed since they did not trade down.

4. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Hold on. I was NEVER ALL FOR Bush coming here. I wanted to explore possible trade downs and look at possible defensive and Oline players we could look at. Also there were a lot of people who had yet to commit to this. So, please do not lump us into the REGIIE REGGIE REGGIE camp and i was not a member.

At present I am STILL in the undecide camp.

5. bigcarlos

bigcarlos Veteran

Not everyone was

6. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Ok, I changed it.

7. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

I was never all for Reggie Bush coming here. I said it was great if we do, great if we don't. Whatever. I've been pretty ho-hum on the whole thing.

Yes, I will be upset. Because I actually love Vince Young and have watched his college career. I know him as a player better than I know anyone in the draft. So I'll be sad when we pass on him, and then I'll be sick when the Titans pick him.

I'll live with it. But I reserve the right to not let it go if Vince lights it up for the Titans against us. ;)

8. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Not sure.. Bush is exciting no doubt.. and I have always thought DD and crew were solid yet not spectacular. I bush could definitely help us on the threat to take one the distance, yet inside the red zone , he won't help much.. I almost would like to see us get white or D'angelo Williams lower down the draft and get some OL help.

maybe I feel this way because we have so many holes to fill that my brain is spinning LOL

maybe what bugs me is we spent all these draft picks on Hollings/Wells/DD/Morency and we still are looking for a back.

9. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

I wouldn't be upset, very disapointed though. It's kinda like saying you want 10 million or 11 million (i'm not going there who I think is more than the other). In Bush, we would be getting a position where there is a glut of players there. And make the 5th (count them FIVE) times a RB would be chosen in a draft. Just seems to me we are kinda spinning our wheels.

10. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Bush or trade down is fine with me. I think slightly less of drafting Young. All three options are pretty good.

11. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

Me too. Not many of us here either. :)
    I am leaning a certain way, but very open to all ideas. Undecided.

12. Wordem

Wordem Veteran

You bet. You don't pass up on special players. Reggie Bush is a smallish back who won't withstand the rigors of being an every down back. Vince Young is a freak. Take the freak and see what happens.

He will be a Texan and the franchise and NFL properties will be much better for it. It's good for the Texans and it's good for the NFL.

13. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I'll add my 2 cents.

I won't be upset if we draft Bush. Him and DD in the backfield would be great. I would be upset if we draft Young. I don't think we need him. I would opt to trade down, get Mario Williams or AJ Hawk or D'Brickashaw.

14. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Emmitt Smith is 5'10. I'm pretty sure he withstood the rigors of the NFL. Tiki Barber is 5'10. Last I checked, he had a pretty good year. Small backs can succeed in the NFL.

15. texanfan2002114

texanfan2002114 Subscribed Contributor

Hell yes I will be upset!!! Take VY!!!!!!!!!

16. Wordem

Wordem Veteran

Those of you against drafting VY have no idea how truly special he is. Not just physically, but emotionally. He is, if nothing else, a TRUE leader. He makes every other player on the team better. In that respect he is like Michael Jordan. Not drafting him would be a mistake of epic proportions. He's that good and he brings that much to the table. If you think otherwise, you have not watched what he has done for Mack Brown and Texas. Without him, they are still and overrated underachieving program.

Vince will be a Texan. Bob McNair is not that stupid.

17. wenskek

wenskek Rookie

i will be freaking pissed if we pass on VY, David is not the future.

18. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I think Vince is a winner and we couldn't go wrong with either. I don't like Carr. However, I think the smart thing to do is draft Bush, take O-lineman and a TE with your high to middle round picks and fill in holes with free agency. With the new coach it is no excuses. If Carr blows then you move on the next year. I think that will happen but that is my opinion. But this would be the best route. As for Young the guys on Fox were just pimping Young. Bradshaw and Howie said they think he will be an outright stud and the main reason is because he is a WINNER and a leader. IMHO, something the Texans don't have. I think Bush is smart move, as stated, but Young has that potential and a disagree completely with people who think the Texans will be rebuilding again. Some QBs don't need 4 years and a bucket of excuses.

19. WaylonJennings67

WaylonJennings67 Rookie

DITTOS :redtowel:

20. wenskek

wenskek Rookie

Amen, to that!