If we pick up Carr's option we will suck for a decade

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexansFight, Nov 20, 2005.

1. TexansFight

TexansFight All Pro

Bench Carr, see if you have anything with Ragone for the rest of the season. Carr is horribly inaccurate and can only make a screen pass or a 5 yard out. His mechanics are terrible and he is shot. Chalk up him up as a bust and move on. The franchise will be better for it. If we pick up the option we will be in cap hell when we finally hire a GM and coaching staff who realize we have a bust on their hands.

2. 281

281 Hall of Fame

Preach!

3. Ranger

Ranger Veteran

I think it would be the worst move we could make by not picking up his option. 7 years down the road when he is leading the Lions or the Ravens into the playoffs and people are talking about his talent and why Houston ever let him go is when we will reget it. I think Carr has a lot of talent, and has become the leader of this football team and is the image of the city. If we let him go and draft Leinhart, we will just be 4 years behind. If we bring in a coach and let him work with Carr's mechanics and actually get some talent around him other than Davis and Johnson, Carr will prove he is worth his $8 million. Get rid of the overacheiving slot receivers, find some lineman that know what blocking is, set up a solid defense thats strong up the middle that gets a pass rush, and Carr can lead this team where we want to go.

The biggest reason to pay that $8 million, in all these years of being sacked and on a losing team, he never has complained once. That is a heart of a champion, something we want on this football team in the future.

4. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

:embarrass Ranger ...Your kidding right .

5. na, that is good, please bring in Lienert so that he can throw the 8 yard hitches and dump passes. But better yet have him drop back in a 5 step drop and have him get nailed, ending his season with an MCL tear and we are starting Banks. I like this plan.

6. Honoring Earl 34

:texflag: Giff Nielson can do what Carr did tonight . Bob save your money.

7. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

Well i went to the game today sorry to say i was one of the fans that left at halftime after David Threw the His Touchdown pass:sarcasm: i think we should pick up davids option he is the face of the franchise who cares if he cant play the position.:homer:

8. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

And that is not Davids fault, this organization is doing there best to ruin a good QB.

9. bigtex77

bigtex77 Veteran

The bottom line is the Peyton Manning could not produce in this offense, the qb position is just one of many that must be upgraded for us to improve. A lot of people think that Leinart or Vince Young would be better than David, but neither can produce from his backside. It would be funny to see Peyton calling out audibles and doing everything else he does at the line of scrimmage, knowing that nobody on the offense would have a clue what he was doing, hell we can't get a play right when we huddle!

10. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Ya know, I think Peyton probably could produce from his backside, but not with our O-line. :cool:

11. Honoring Earl 34

:texflag: I don't believe Carr does his OL any favors either . I also think they have to keep the offense simple for a reason ( somebody's not quick ). The bottom line is theres no way you extend his contract without a new deal .

12. Honoring Earl 34

:tomato: I understand that Carr is not going to be good anytime soon . I understand Carr is a loner on the sidelines cause the fellows won't hang out with him . I understand their playing the Kiss ( keep it simple stupid ) offense because of two reasons 1 . OL 2. Carr is a lock and load guy on one reciever . I understand the body language of the other players after Carr bounces the ball two them or fumbles .

13. touttail

touttail All Pro

Carr had time to throw the ball. He locks in on his primary reciever and never looks away to the secondary if the primary is cover. I watched this several times, his head never moved from the primary. He tries to throw the ball to the primary and it bounced on the ground at least 4 times. If he doesn't throw he runs, and throws it out of bounds or dumps it off. He never looked for a secondary reciever. He is not a NFL caliber QB. McNair is a fool to give him the 8 million to keep him.

bobby 119C:brickwall

14. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Carr was constantly dumping the ball or throwing the ball quickly. He only "had time" becuase he was getting rid of it so fast. look at what manning does the next time he plays and you will see a big difference. Manning takes a few steps back and looks all over the field. Want to know why Carr doesnt? If he did, he's be sacked behind this pathetic Swiss Cheese line of ours. Put a real line in front of him, show him he atually will be protected, and then you will see his play.

Oh, and also we need to stop this Mickey Mouse style of Play calling.

15. TexansFight

TexansFight All Pro

I completely agree with touttail. The announcers were mentioning all the time during the game. He locks on his primary receiver and if the guy is covered he will either run out of bounds for a loss or throw an interception.

His mechanics are terrible and he is the most inaccurate QB in the NFL right now. He has more one-hoppers and throws that are 3 feet over the receivers heads than any QB that I have seen in the NFL this year. Our offensive line sucks but last night it gave him some time and he still couldn't do anything with it.

Draft Bush or trade out of the first pick to get Ferguson and another pick. Let Carr leave town and bring in a free agent veteran QB. Of course fire Casserly and Capers and bring in guys who can atually coach and spot talent. We will be back on the road to respectability if we do that.

16. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

But he wasn't like that in previous years. How many of our players are better now than when we got them? That is what frustrates me as a fan.

Our problems run deep, but much of them come from the coaching.

p.s. I did not say, or mean to imply, Carr had a good game or was blameless.

17. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

After being a Carr supporter for lo these many years, last night pushed me over the edge. I can't defend him any more. If we give Carr the new contract, my only hope is that a new coach can undo what the current coaches have done.

18. cadahnic

cadahnic All Pro

Carr has the talent to lead almost any decent team to wins. Hell last year he led us to 7. Yeah he has alot of issues be that because of the system or his own faults likely a combination of both. I dont know why everyone is talking about the 8 million option, because the 5.5 is the best way to go. it gives us one year with the new coach to decide if Carr is the guy for him and if not then you get rid of him and you are ok.

19. houstonhurricane

houstonhurricane All Pro

When he threw that pick last night and instead of chasing after the defender he threw his hands in the air...he lost me. Good for him if he can be successul elsewhere, but he is simply not worth an $8 million bonus and three year contract extension.

20. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

It's amazing that anyone can watch this guy and get the impression that he is a good quarterback. He is simply not an NFL level quarterback, plain and simple.