Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

If we do get a MNF or SNF game, who should it be against?

If we do get a MNF or SNF game, who should it be against?

• Indy

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Tennessee

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Jacksonville

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Minnesota

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Bay

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Chicago

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Cleveland

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.4%

• Total voters
There's a poll that someone made about MNF a couple weeks ago. The consensus was the titans.

Hmm. I haven't seen it, the only one I have noticed was the Will you riot if the Texans do not get a Monday Night Game?
poll.

Good question, and I think it should be either Jacksonville or Pittsburg. The Jacksonville games are always exciting and it's turning into one of the biggest rivalies we have as Texans. I say Pittsburg because they are a playoff team from a year ago and a popular one at that.

Good question, and I think it should be either Jacksonville or Pittsburg. The Jacksonville games are always exciting and it's turning into probably the biggest rivalry we have as Texans. I say Pittsburg because they are a playoff team from a year ago and a popular one at that.

I picked Jax but Pittsburgh intrigues me also. Tennessee would be the obvious choice with the ties to the city of Houston(Bud,VY).

Jacksonville is up early in the poll with a shutout 5-0.

i picked indy..

*hopefully*
top of the afc south clash ala week 3 this year... plus peyton would be a big audience draw so somewhat realistic (HOU-JAX on MNF? i dont see it happening).. i know the Q is 'should' though

I voted differently just because. Two up and coming teams, one offensively and one deffensively. It would be exciting.

I've heard that the Browns/Texans game has a chance to be a Thanksgiving night game on the NFL Network.

I like that. Saw it at the HoustonTexans.com boards. Too bad its an away game, but hopefully the Texans get a home primetime game this year.

I've heard that the Browns/Texans game has a chance to be a Thanksgiving night game on the NFL Network.

Is it just me, or does being on NFL Network not really feel like a primetime game? When we had that 7 PM game last year against the Broncos I didn't really think of it as a primetime game. I think it's because a bunch of the American still doesn't get the channel (me included). The only prime time games are Sunday Night and Monday Night IMO

BROWNS TO PLAY ON TURKEY DAY?
Posted by Mike Florio on April 1, 2008, 12:50 p.m.

A day that features plenty of brown-colored food (and then, later, the creation of plenty of brown-colored, um, stuff) might feature a brown-colored team playing football in prime time.

Per Tony Grossi of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Cleveland Browns might be picked to participate in the NFL Network game played on Thanksgiving night.

The Browns last played on Thanksgiving in 1989, against the Detroit Lions. The Browns also faced the Cowboys in 1966 and the Cowboys in 1982. The Browns lost each of those games.

Possible opponents include the Bengals, Ravens, Steelers, Texans, Colts, Giants, Broncos, Jaguars, Titans, Eagles, Redskins, and Bills.

The NFL added a night game to the Thanksgiving package in 2006, with the Broncos visiting the Chiefs. Last year, the Colts traveled to Atlanta.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/page/3/

Also, one of the mods at NFLDC predicts that it'll be Houston Texans vs. Chicago Bears on Thanksgiving NFLN.

Is it just me, or does being on NFL Network not really feel like a primetime game?
It's not just you, as many fans still don't have the network. But as time goes by, more & more fans will have access and the games on the NFL Network will gain popularity. Maybe, Bryant Gumball will have gotten the axe by then.

I think the primetime game that's really diminished is MNF. The games they've scheduled have been lame. And there's just something wrong with the production since ESPN has taken over (Tony Cornholio). I just can't put my finger on the problem (Tony Cornholio). Hopefully, the Sports Leader will find the problem (Tony Cornholio) and fix it (dump Tony Cornholio).

anytime i am able to watch the texans in HD, its awesome!

down in corpus christi we dont have local channels in HD yet, so i am having to purchase sunday ticket and hope its being broadcast in HD that week. it looks amazing so i dont mind a game on nfl network at all.

i voted for a game against the jags because we always seem to play them tough. we went 1-5 in our division last year with our single win being against jacksonville in week 17

I think the primetime game that's really diminished is MNF. The games they've scheduled have been lame. And there's just something wrong with the production since ESPN has taken over (Tony Cornholio). I just can't put my finger on the problem (Tony Cornholio). Hopefully, the Sports Leader will find the problem (Tony Cornholio) and fix it (dump Tony Cornholio).

they need to put wilbon or michael smith in the booth and kick tony to the curb. and jaws gets a little too excited for me with breaking down plays, so they ought to look for another analyst too.

I voted other and specifically am thinking Denver. I would love a chance to go to Invesco Field and cheer loudly for my Htown Texans in a student vs teacher II game. I might be one of the few Texans fans there, so I figure to get some TV time!!!

they need to put wilbon or michael smith in the booth and kick tony to the curb. and jaws gets a little too excited for me with breaking down plays, so they ought to look for another analyst too.

You don't like Jaws?! Man, I guess you want more onomatopoeias.

As a football fan, it gets really annoying listening to a football guys talk football. I'd much rather be talked down to like I'm a 5 year old that has never watched the sport before.:gun:

Anything prime time is good so we get a showing on UK TV for once. Ah for the TV quality of Denver again this year! We really need a 16-0 season purely to get a bit more coverage (****** the Superbowl, its all bout TV! :shades: )

Would like any divisional game, although my mates a Browns fan, so that'd be more fun...

Possible opponents include the Bengals, Ravens, Steelers, Texans, Colts, Giants, Broncos, Jaguars, Titans, Eagles, Redskins, and Bills.

How many games do the Browns plan on hosting this year??

Well, we all know its all about TV ratings and size of viewership. So, given that, would it make more sense to have the Steelers, Colts, Giants or maybe even the Broncos before the Texans are even considered? I would love for us to get the game, particularly here, but I suspect that its a long shot hope. Although I'm more than a little surprised that it's the Browns as the given team.

Well, we all know its all about TV ratings and size of viewership. So, given that, would it make more sense to have the Steelers, Colts, Giants or maybe even the Broncos before the Texans are even considered? I would love for us to get the game, particularly here, but I suspect that its a long shot hope. Although I'm more than a little surprised that it's the Browns as the given team.
Depends on who plays against the Lions.

Titans have history..but its history that not many people outside of Houston care about.

Pittsburg has more historic history, and are a playoff team, but Pittsburgh hasnt been in the limelight for a while so they dont strike me as the best choice.

Jacksonville has the most recent history..but we are talking about two teams who are not real big on a national scale.

I voted Indi. They are a division game so if you put it later in the season it could have playoff implications. Indi is a powerhouse team with a national audience, so they make sense as a Monday night game, and finally.. its a "david & goliath" scenario.. which gives national viewers and underdog to root for. Plus it would have the added benefit of firing up our guys.. their first monday night game, I have a feeling they would come out and want to impress people.

Seems im one of the few people that has this viewpoint though.

Having just slept a couple hours and now can not go back to sleep, got to ask, whose house am I crashing at so I can watch the game on NFLN, since I do not have it? :fans:

This would be bad for me, the A&M/Texas game is moving bak to Thanksgiving.

Yep, which makes no sense in my opinion as football fans in Texas would be expected to watch three games - UT/A&M, Cowboys and then the Texans. I do not see the NFLN doing this once they run the numbers.

I have a feeling we get Cinci in a prime time game this season. Given what's going on with the Bengals right now it would make no sense that they get a prime time game, which means it'd be a Monday Night game, but I just wanted to go on record.

Having just slept a couple hours and now can not go back to sleep, got to ask, whose house am I crashing at so I can watch the game on NFLN, since I do not have it? :fans:

Any domer fan is welcome at my place..:highfive:

I am only a 60 mi. trip NE of Houston city limit...:D

You'll have to rough it though.....no HD and screen is only 36"...:(

:coffee:

Has to be the Titans. Build the rivalry. Jacksonville is for hacks. Nasty town. Nasty people. Boring team.

Back