If we beat San Fran who would get 1st Pick?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by ojthecat, Dec 24, 2005.

1. ojthecat

ojthecat Veteran

If we beat the 49ers next week and then if the Saint, the Jets, and the Packers loose who would end up with the 1st Pick in next year's draft?

2. berkman17

berkman17 Rookie

going from the strength of schedule on the nfl's website (http://www.nfl.com/standings/conference), the top 5 would be as follows:

Green Bay
    New Orleans
    NYJ
    Houston
    San Fran

Note that GB and NYJ still have to play, and their SOS hasn't been updated this week.

3. TexanTom

TexanTom Rookie

I totaled it up a little earlier but it is extremely close. Just factoring in this week and last weeks opponents (and assuming the outcomes said above) I believe it worked out to:
    NO
    NYJ
    HOU
    GB
    SF

But NO, NYJ, and HOU were within 1 or 2 "opponent wins" of each other, so that's extremely close and thus would depend a lot on other teams performances next week. I was going to total it up again after the game Monday night b/c at that point it won't be quite so difficult to check out all the options/important games.

4. royce1054

royce1054 All Pro

yes if we lose we can get an extra round higher on a trade or maybe another player in the deal. Also might make us look more attractable to OL FA's.

5. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

I am just glad to see that SF can score. I think the Texans will keep it close, but they will lose in the end.