Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

If The Texans Beat The Cowboys

There should be a 5 year moratorium on mentioning "19-10" from Texans fans. Every time I see somebody mention that one win against a bad Cowboys team that's as changed today as we are I cringe. Just shut up about it because it doesn't mean anything anymore. Every time somebody steps in front of a camera and starts babbling about the 2002 season opener the rest of the NFL collectively gives us this "Isn't it sad how those poor Texans fans are" look and then they go pay attention to something that interests them (like a winning team or a great player (something we've had precious little of in the past 6 years). The only way to stop that stuff is to put together some winning seasons and start kicking the snot out of other teams.

Thanks for being a voice of reason.

Pre season or not, a win for us tonight will go a long way in quelling the stench that permeates around my office this time of year from the lovers of that team from Southern Oklahoma. :smiliedance:
I have already heard 'its just pre season" when they come around today, but come Monday morning if Romo and Co actually do come out of top, I will be hearing alot of smack from the Star lovers around here (and it is a sorry amount of the population in my building).
Go TEXANS, shut 'em down! :fans:

There should be a 5 year moratorium on mentioning "19-10" from Texans fans. Every time I see somebody mention that one win against a bad Cowboys team that's as changed today as we are I cringe. Just shut up about it because it doesn't mean anything anymore. Every time somebody steps in front of a camera and starts babbling about the 2002 season opener the rest of the NFL collectively gives us this "Isn't it sad how those poor Texans fans are" look and then they go pay attention to something that interests them (like a winning team or a great player (something we've had precious little of in the past 6 years). The only way to stop that stuff is to put together some winning seasons and start kicking the snot out of other teams.

I tend to agree. While I will never be a Cowboys fan, my hatred for the fat slimeball's team eclipses any ill will that I've ever harbored toward the 'pokes.

And besides, it comes down to simple math:

5 out of 9 > 19-10

I will always enjoy the memory of that first game (one of the, if not the, funnest sporting memories I have). But the reality is that a 2-14 season and a 34-6 butt whooping in 2006 has taken a bit of the 'bragging rights' shine from it.

And most of my Cowboys fans friends also root for the Texans, so it's hard to give them too much grief about their team (although I do like to have fun with the T.O. situation and how much they used to hate that dude when he was a 49er and Eagle).

I'm not diminishing 19-10 in any way. But being 2-10 against the inbred children from Uranus pisses me off so much that I am pretty ambivalent about the DFW Cowboys these days.

The guys on 1530 was talking about it today, and sorta compare us to A&M and the Cowboys to Texas. Said that we were still living off of that first game against them, and that everytime he watches a Cowboy games(at sport bar), that the Texan fans would bring up that game saying "Hey didn't we own you guys on our first game". They said that we act as if that game was the highlight of our franchise, which is pretty sad IMO, so we needa just let that go and stop bringing it up.

Must've been that douchebag Ketchum. Both he and Chad Hastings are annoying Dallasites who devote their show to UT, VY knobslobbing, and Dallas sports teams. They care very little about the Astros or Rockets, but they especially belittle the Texans on a routine basis. If it's true that 1530 is carrying Texans broadcasts, they're gonna have to get on board. Ketchum needs a shot to the face.

+1

Who the f*ck cares about 19-10??? Embarrassing.

I just look at this as b.s. In 30 + years of being a fan I've never seen fans just talk like this unless they are 1)ignorant 2) young 3) drunk beyond belief. I think half of this stuff is the places you go and the people that are there. It's unreal the weal stuff I read on here.

Look at this thread. There are at least 3 threads a week on here that turn into "Cowboys suck" talk. Its obsessive. That is the trash that Cowboy fans talk about. For people who claim Cowboy fans are so obnoxious look at the threads and the childish taunts in them. Listen to sports radio around here. You won't here that stuff elsewhere unless it is a real rivalry.

I think there are some thin skinned people out there because there is also trash talking going on. As long as it isn't personal, who cares. I don't take the tanunts about the Cowboys as a representative of ENTIRE fanbases.

I know when I came here as a new Texasn type fan that had a loyalty elsewhere that I would have to deal with it....afterall, it is a Texans board...but it really does border on obsessive ex-girlfriend at times while the ex-girlfriend has no memory of you anymore.

I'm sorry if people deal with drunks in bars or fans in the stands or whatever but I think every fan base does.

Threads saying cowboys suck or what ever is just msg board folly, or at least I hope so. As far as it being obssesive, not so sure. I honestly can not stand that team and would be one of the happiest people around if they went 0-16. That is just how I feel.Of course I can not stand the titans and want them to go 0-16 with all 16 games being blowouts.

Oh and I never mention 19-10.

:fans:

I'm sure the Cowboys fans are tired of hearing about that first game as we are hearing about their 5 Super Bowls.

It depends how you look at things, we haven't won or played in the playoffs since we came into the NFL. The Cowboys haen't haven't won a playoff game since the Texans been in the NFL. So I guess as the saying goes what have you done for me lately. I'm sure Texans fans are happier about last season than the Cowboys fans are.

I believe for the Texans this game means more for the fact as some type of confidence builder.

When all is said and done, I hope both teams come out of this game injury free.

I'm not watching but it is a chance for fans to see 2 of the NFL's youngest offensive coordinators battle it out....Garrett will be a head coach one day very soon and Shanahan may be as well. Should be interesting IF they game plan at all.

Hey Frog if your radio had been tuned to 1530 Espn Austin about ten or fifteen minutes ago you would've heard a perfect example of the utter bullshit Texans fans around here must put up with. I really don't care that much about the Cowboys anymore and I certainly don't get energized when they lose like I used to. In fact, I probably hate the Pats more than the team from Dallas.

However, the unsmart words that tumbled out of Geoff Ketchum's grating cakehole fired me up. It's just a preseason game, but g*dd*mn I'd like to see the Texans kick the crap out of Dallas tonight just to make him eat his words.

As they were closing out their afternoon show prior to going to the Cowboys radio network's pregame, Ketchum started in on the "Texans won't make the playoffs because they play in the AFC South" talk. Fine, no problem there. However, he went on to say that talking about the Texans making the playoffs is like talking about a New Mexico State football player winning the Heisman. Then he posed the hypothetical that if any GM in the NFL were able to take any Texan for his own roster, aside from Mario, AJ, and DeMeco, no other Texan would be wanted!!! Owen Daniels, says Ketchum, is "okay" but he's not even in the top-ten for TEs. Schaub is crap.

Do you see now? That is just astonishingly stupid and disrespectul. I dunno...Kevin Walter? Amobi Okoye? Fred Bennett? Andre Davis? Eric Winston? Hell, even Kris Brown and Matt Turk!

Waddajackass.

Back