If Kubiak wants to win he's gonna need to trust Yates

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TheRealJoker, Nov 27, 2011.

1. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Kubiak is coaching for his job
    this season. He has to play with the cards he's been dealt. He neutered the offense today without Schaub but we will not play an offense as
    bad as Jax the rest of the year aside from Indy.

If he wants to win from here on out he's gotta
    trust the
    rookie gunslinger to make plays sometimes. You can't just forget about Andre Johnson and friends.

2. ziggy29

ziggy29 Hall of Fame

He was right to go more conservative *today* under the circumstances. I think it was *too* conservative, but yes, I would have thought it reckless to run the full, normal offense.

But with a week of prep, if Yates is going to be the starter next week then he needs to have almost the whole playbook back in there, and work like hell to run it during the week's workouts.

3. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

I think it was a question of him not seeing many snaps during training, Leinarts been getting em all getting ready taking over after Schaub.

If Leinart's hurt, I'm expecting Yates to get some more plays in.

Thank the gods that we have a defence! :)

4. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Good grief. I'm not a big Kubiak fan, but, as someone else pointed out, this ain't Madden. You can't just have a rookie qb who has never played one down in the NFL come out swinging and tossing the ball all over the field. I don't blame Kubiak for taking things a bit slow. We have a solid defense now, and today was the day to let them do their thing.

5. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

I disagree with the bolded part. You know Bob McNair. If anything, Kubiak just earned himself a free pass. 7-3 with Schaub despite the injuries, then Schaub goes down too. No way McNair cans Kubiak for failing with TJ Yates.

6. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Maybe..... maybe Kellen Clemens will be playing next week.

I don't think you're bringing anything to the table that Kubiak doesn't know. Though I don't like it, he did the right thing today, get out of Jacksonville with the win & not putting too much on the rookie.

7. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

Man right. Now. In kellen clemens we trust lol

8. Kimmy

Kimmy RealGirls LvFB!

Don't forget the lockout!

9. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Well, but, you can't just give Kubiak a lifetime contract. I'm not trying to start a Kubiak debate here, but, at some point, the train stops. Injuries or not, at some point this team has to move forward.

10. Surreal McCoy

Surreal McCoy All Pro

Good.

11. KA4Texan

KA4Texan C27A

I am in panic mode now.

I don't see why people wanted him to pass so badly, I was terrified every time he let the ball go, Thank God for Wade and his D is about all I can say.

That and F@#$ TB, first they screw us injuring our QB, then they won't even do us the courtesy of beating the Titans.

Maybe if they work exclusively with him I wont be in such a panic but right now I have a queasy feeling

12. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

i dunno i wanna see TJ yates after a full weeks of practice with the first team, for some reason i see something. It is the way he carries himself and his presence in the pocket. I think he could turn out to be pretty damn good.

13. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I'm just saying we don't know.

I thought Kubiak was comfortable with Yates the way he let him sling it in the first half. But then in the second, that turtle done pulled his head back.

I'm good with that, I understand, "You play to win the game... HELLO!!"

But I agree with you, Yates looked good at first, so I wouldn't be opposed to seeing more. He looked like a leader.

14. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Yates was a gunslinger on a bad team in college. He's not
    gonna be a game manager qb. He's a high risk/high reward player. If you want any rewards from him you gotta let him loose! At least on 3rd and long...

15. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

PFT is reporting that the Texans think Leinart has a broken collarbone. WTF??? This has gotten ridiculous. Would that mean we IR Leinart or keep him inactive for the rest of the regular season? Do we even have enough money to sign another QB?

16. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

NickScurfield Nick Scurfield
    Leinart said it was his collarbone & felt similar to his season-ending injury in '07. "It's pretty disappointing. Tough to swallow."
    3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

NickScurfield Nick Scurfield
    Matt Leinart: "I think there's probably a pretty strong possibility I won't be coming back this season." #Texans

17. fiasco west

fiasco west Hall of Fame

Not quite in panic mode yet.

I think the playbook closed down once Yates went in there. I mean you practice all week with one guy, I don't think teams are ever ready for their QB going out in the middle of a game.

I did like what Yates did in the hurry up though. He definitely has the tools to be a alright QB...but the experience at the QB position is monumental and that part scares me.

Still though...the defense is something else really...

18. ziggy29

ziggy29 Hall of Fame

QFT. I mean, can you even begin to imagine having to rely on last year's defense to hold this lead? And with no Mario, no less?

19. BullNation4Life

BullNation4Life Hall of Fame

Any qb u sign is going to be chump change anyway. The question should be who the hell is out there that is worth spending money on...

20. GP

GP Go Texans!

And, I think something that has slipped a lot of people's attention is this:

The Jags got a gift-wrapped TD off the Foster fumble.

Without that TD, the Jags scored two field goals today.

It should have been 20-6, folks. I don't know that I've ever seen the Texans defense actually win the game the way they did. Maybe that one year in the Carr era when we beat Pittsburgh IN PITTSBURGH! off our defense performance alone.

Connor Barwin was possessed like a maniac demon today. It was out of this world. He was unstoppable.