If history repeats itself

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by texansfan1974, Mar 21, 2007.

1. texansfan1974

texansfan1974 Veteran

If you know about history it usally repeats itself. I can remember an unproven backup traded to the Packers from the Falcons some years back. He became what some say is one of greatest QBs ever. He goes by the name of BRETT FAVRE.:yahoo: This is a great move for the good guys cause if history does repeat itself they may have just aquired the next great thing in sports history. :wherewill

Good luck to DC where ever he may go.

2. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Let's all hope.

3. mikey21

mikey21 Lifer

yea if history repeats it self we could also have scott mitchell, farve is the exception not the rule, i wish schaub luck and hope he brings leadership and wins to the Texans, but lets be realistic he has played in 38 games and in the 2 games he started the Falcons lost both of them in his 3 year career, that and he has as many td's as he has int's, i guess all we can do is sit back and see if the Texans made a mistake or stole him from the Falcons, but what do i know i am just another Texans fan

4. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

Well let's hope this move puts the Titans and Texans atop the AFC South for a while. The Colts winning is getting old .... and the Jags ..... well no one likes them.

5. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

If history repeats itself...

2004: #10 pick overall ...Houston selects...Dunta Robinson CB
    2007: #10 pick overall ...Houston selects...Leon Hall CB

lol

6. mikey21

mikey21 Lifer

i wouldn't be suprised if the Texans traded down even further to grab more picks to lessen the blow of giving up two 2nd round picks

7. TexasJedi

TexasJedi Hall of Fame

No, I don't think he's Favre mk.2. I am thinking he's more like Carolina getting Delhomme, only a younger version with more upside. In fact I posted in the "monster" thread, there are a number of similarities between the Texans now and the Panthers going into the 2003 season. Not that I have the lofty expectations of a Super Bowl next year, but I can dream...

8. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

There are a lot of these types of situations... Brunell from Packers to Jacksonville, Rob Johnson from Jacksonville to Buffalo, Hasselbeck from GB to Seattle, AJ Feely...

The nuts of it is, the team as a whole still needs to be developed around these guys. Two seconds might be too steep, might be a bargain, might be about right... everyone on the board thinks they could have gotten a better deal or not dealt... and those people would likely have the same team on the field next year.

I am in favor of a new qb this year, but you could very easily be saying Carr to wherever is similar to Delhomme, Plunkett, whatever... History repeats itself, and I for one would rather make history than repeat it.

I live with the consequences down the road for a chance to utilize the team's biggest weapon.... a Mr. Andre Johnson.

9. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

whats done is done....if we trade down again we probably won't get a starter out of this draft

10. mikey21

mikey21 Lifer

the Texans can still get a starter if they trade down to maybe the mid first round and grab more picks, this is a team with alot of holes and in need of alot of talent

11. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

agreed, our first round pick will definitly be a starter. i'd be willing to say if we traded down and got a 2nd out of it...the 2nd would be a starter too.

12. mikey21

mikey21 Lifer

yea if the Texans do trade down and grab a 2nd round pick he could start or very well be a decent backup

13. Master Po

Master Po Veteran

This is what I am hoping for. Very, very much so. I could elaborate for quite some time, but fighting a cold + too much Jager = scolding one's self on the way to the fart sack.

14. 4Texans

4Texans Hall of Fame

I hope this dream comes true.....

And I hope David has some success where ever he may end up at.