Ideal Offseason Scenario

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexansFan15, Dec 17, 2018.

1. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Except Antonio Brown is a Steeler.

Texas Jake and JB like this.
  2. maverick512000

maverick512000 All Pro

Again that depends on Green Bay agreeing with your assessment. What if they say "Nope, we're good go ahead and keep'em".

3. OptimisticTexan

OptimisticTexan Hall of Fame

Personally, if the Texans were to tag and put Clowney on the market.....I think Las Vegas would have the picks, cap, need and desire to make Clowney a Raider.

4. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

They just traded Mack because they didn't want to pay that kind of money. What makes you think they would want to give up picks to pay that kind of money?

5. AggiebyMarriage

AggiebyMarriage Rookie

If you really think this then you have to be smoking the crack.

I totally agree with "JB".

The Raiders let Mack (a better player than Clowney) go to the Bears for two (2) 1st Round picks. It wasn't that Mack wanted out of Oakland, he just wanted to get paid.

Gruden wants to pick his own players, with an eye to being a really good team when then arrive in Las Vegas in a few years. He is not looking to give up ANY draft picks for high priced veterans this year. Especially when they are likley to be playing in San Diego, this year because they are getting kicked out of Oakland, before their Las Vegas stadium is finished being built.

So no Oakland IS NOT a potential landing spot for your "Madden" trade scenario.

Texas Jake and JB like this.
  6. Seegara

Seegara Hall of Fame

Offseason scenario for me is to relax and not think about football until the draft comes up, and get my entertainment from basketball and baseball.

Texas Jake and OptimisticTexan like this.
  7. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Meh. It's more fun to sit around here and ***** and complain all offseason. LOL

KA4Texan likes this.
  8. powda

powda Team BLEACH!

Need cowboys to lose.

9. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Which they did. :)

powda likes this.
  10. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Green Bay has a deeper WR corp than the Texans. Trading a dude with a specific high-level skill (deep ball production) while still financially cheap from a position that already needs upgrading seems anti-roster development. Protection from Fuller's injury issue comes with relative cheap veteran depth and possibly a drafted developmental WR.

11. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

wrong post ignore !

12. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Clowney might bring a second round pick.

13. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

would you be willing to risk $15 Mill on it?

steelbtexan likes this.
  14. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Should clarify my statement which confuses even me when I re read. I think Clowney could go to Green Bay and as Packers also need a WR, Fuller could fill that need for their second round pick.

Another scenario is Steelers trading Brown to Green Bay for their #12 and #32 ish (Saints). Packers would use one of the firsts they would have for a WR and could also use a second for Fuller to benefit Big Ben. I think their will be landing places for Clowney and Fuller. I like both but we could use picks.

OptimisticTexan likes this.
  15. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

yes that can happen but it is just as possible they don't.

16. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Because it may not have been only a money move. There was info that it was a control move by new coach Gruden. They did get a pretty good offer but I also think he is facing heat for the deal and as I've said Clowney a three time consecutive pro bowler could do that. I am okay with Clowney as a Texan going forward but am open to offers.

17. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Agree with all you say but--Randall Cobb 28 YOA UFA with only 383 yards in nine games. He may be gone. Davante Adams is their Hopkins.

Valdes-Scantling is intriguing but has 38 receptions. St. Brown another exciting young WR had 21 receptions 328 yards. J'mon Moore 2 catches 15 yards.

I like Fuller when he is on field. De'Andre Carter is our cheap vet who should be back. Vyncint Smith is our developmental receiver and don't have to use a draft pick to get him. Thomas with reworked contract could be our Randall Cobb. I like our projected corps better than theirs.

18. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I don't use crack. Raiders could get Clowney for the last of their three firsts [leaving two] plus their 2.35. Your saying Gruden will not trade for vet because they traded Mack is just an opinion. Clowney is locked in for two more seasons and regardless would not cost as much as Mack in all probability. JD would soothe fan anger.

19. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

or a first or a combination, we just don't know. Some of us are saying let's ask and see.

20. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Our Wr corp is better only with healthy Fuller and still lacking NFL level depth. D. Thomas should not be counted on for anything in 2019 (see injury). Carter has been around but is hardly a veteran due lack of actual NFL snaps and probably a 5th WR and KR long term. IMO, the Texans need a full-sized NFL veteran at a minimum with Fuller.

Personally, not interested nor satisfied with Hopkins and QT and looking for three NFL WRs (which is what trading fuller means)

steelbtexan and otisbean like this.
  21. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I am signing Desean Jackson and with a two for Fuller drafting LilJordan Humphrey