Ideal Offseason Scenario

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexansFan15, Dec 17, 2018.

1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

It's hard to win a game in the NFL.

& it is hard to keep a bunch of talent year after year. I'll believe the Chiefs will be the new Patriots when they've put together three years like last season.

2. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

Mahomes looks like the real deal.
    You have a QB like that in place, you can really build your team around him.
    Texans now have an opportunity like that, but we are a ways behind the Chiefs.
    A strong oline will heal a multitude of ills.

steelbtexan and OptimisticTexan like this.
  3. Texansballer74

Texansballer74 Hall of Fame

Lol its almost like people are trying to play down Belichick's success, like a lot of fans did with NBA coach Phil Jackson.

steelbtexan and OptimisticTexan like this.
  4. OptimisticTexan

OptimisticTexan Hall of Fame

If the Texans wanted to pull a real rabbit out of their arses.....I'd find a way to get their hands on NE, OL Coach, Dante Scarnecchia. I'd wonder out loud if DS would have any interest in coming to Houston to sort out this OL mess since he's 71 years old. Maybe he sees NE as his last hurrah.

With Gronk hanging up the cleats....maybe the thoughts of calling it a career could be crossing Brady's mind, which if he decided to might lead Beli to retire as well. I'd like to beat the ensuing scramble for DS's services if he feels like he has another couple of seasons in him. If for nothing else, an opportunity to have him mentor an Asst OL Coach for a couple of seasons.

I believe the Browns still have Joe Thomas' rights since he didn't retire as an UFA. Thomas is only 34 years old but I'll nix this thought right here......just looked up Thomas and a year after retirement, he's in ducking awesome shape..........for a starting TE! Damn, he took off some weight and appears to be pretty ripped. Good for Thomas but I sure wouldn't have minded seeing the team talk with the Browns about getting his rights if he felt like returning to the field for a couple of seasons or until his contract was completed.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    CWTexansFan and Texansballer74 like this.
  5. zshawn10

zshawn10 Hall of Fame

Would you be happy with this? This is what Forbes is hearing on the Texans; you can go down and see every team's various plans for the draft

Chad Forbes@NFLDraftBites

#Texans 3 top 55 picks. LOVE Bama’s Josh Jacobs who comp to Sony Michel on potential impact. Miles Sanders Option. O-Line recognize major need, won’t reach at 23. D-Back & developmental pass rusher mid Rds. Tytus Howard, David Edwards, Cajuste Rd2 OL Fits. Rd1 Trade Up candidate. https://twitter.com/nfldraftbites/status/1109613769112645632 …

7:35 PM - Mar 23, 2019

6. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

7. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Good to see they are trade up candidates.