I wonder why...

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by WWJD, Nov 26, 2009.

1. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

The NFL prohibits local radio stations from streaming games online? I'm not sure I quite get that logic. I like listening to the radio streams while online...

2. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

Strangely enough I listened to the Texans game via 610 Monday night. I guess the man upstairs wanted to stick it to me extra good. :pop:

3. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

I would guess it's mainly because of the contract with Sirius which is a satellite radio version of the TV contracts with Fox, CBS, NBC, and ESPN (At a fraction of the cost I'm sure).

Why buy the :cow: when you can get the milk for free.

4. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Seems like the NFL or the TV networks always try to find ways to stick it to the fans.

I remember years ago you could pick up any game on the radio..of course there was no streaming online then.

Seems like they'd think of the fans first and give up a break. It'd be nice to listen online.

5. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

huge corporations care about profit first and foremost, the NFL is no exception.

6. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Yea that's true. I'm old enough though to remember when it didn't seem like such a business and it was more fan friendly. Now this is blacked out or this rule prohibits that..and so forth.

Good old days I guess.