I was just wondering outloud

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by adrianshrev, Jan 16, 2006.

1. adrianshrev

adrianshrev Rookie

i was just wondering outloud what the true needs of the team are...2 ot, c, a number 2 rec, a good backup te, i think if u step back and look the guards r ok just have to be allowed to play not be passive....on defense changing to 4-3, a good dt that is run stopper, a good fast cb, another hitting safety...i think we have a good cast of 4-3 lbs....i think that fa could bring us a good wr many r out there...if we trade down i think we could get a good ol in the 1-2 rounds and find a solid runstopper on d....lets fix both lines and see where we r...what do u think

2. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Offensive line, tight end, safety, and defensive line off the top of my head.

3. HardKnockTexan

HardKnockTexan All Pro

I think the one thing this team doesnt have a glaring need for is a run stuffing defensive tackle. Seth Payne is very good against the run. Robaire Smith would be a DT in the 4-3 and has the size and strength to play the run well. Travis Johnson will line up as a tackle and so would Jerry DeLoach. Gary Walker could fill in at tackle or as a run stopping defensive end. Same can be said for Cory Sears. So yeah.. I see no need to draft a defensive tackle in the upcomming draft.

4. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Cory Sears?

5. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Do we need an emoticon for rhetorical?

6. HardKnockTexan

HardKnockTexan All Pro

My bad.. I was thinkin of my Madden game I guess... damn not having those rosters updated... we do still have Junior Ioane (sp) right?

7. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

I do recall Casserly's comment on 610 the other day in response to the question about moving to a 4-3. He said if it happened, there would be a "surplus" in defensive tackles.

I was surprised nobody called, and pinned him down on that.

8. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

Madden is a fun game, but it really is a curse when evaluating NFL talent. My recommendation: Keep the two as separate and distinct as possible, and absolutely never mention "Madden" in a post about a player's skills.

9. HardKnockTexan

HardKnockTexan All Pro

First off.. it wasnt the skills that got me confused.. it was just the rosters. But Madden actually does a pretty solid job of rating players correctly. There's a site that put a Madden sim up against the top sports line picks and Madden got the picks right more than 60% of the time. Right up there with the best of the betters.

10. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

I like the thought process behind this, using the old cliche "the games are won and lost in the trenches". If we upgrade our lines it will translate to an overall improvement of team performance. Although our D-line already has a leg up on the O-line.

So I would say 2 OL, CB, Safety, #2 WR (Reggie Wayne, did you see his performance against PIT?? He was awesome and will be a UFA this year), TE (D. Thomas), and a DT.