Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

I think today's win is the first of 5 in a row.

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man
We finally broke through guys! And no matter what people may think we have a pretty powerful offense. We are really moving the ball well. The Green/Slaton combo is very effective. Jacoby finally got the boost of confidence he has so desperately needed. Schaub bounced back from the shaky start, I think he turned a corner today. We overcame a difficult situation to pull out the win. I think the levee just broke and we are going to go off.

I think we take it to our next 4 opponents and rattle off 5 wins in a row. That's the Lions, Cincy, Minnesota, Baltimore. With only Minnesota on the road. I think the Texans have it in them. We are a much better team than our record even though the record is the only thing that matters. We should a lot of heart today. Our team played their hearts out.

:texflag: :fans:

And no I am not blinded by unbridled optimism, I think we can do it.

And how about that 4th and 10 reception by AJ? He was NOT going to be denied, what a catch!

One last thing, I don't understand booing your own team under any circumstances, why would you go to a game to boo your team? Save the time, effort and money and boo from your couch. I boo the refs, I boo the opposing team but I just can't see any good coming from booing your own team. I just don't see how it helps in any way.

Please, let's not do this. This franchise has never won three in a row, and you want to talk about five straight?

One at a time.

We do have a powerful offense, but we're prone to mistakes and our OL is slightly suspect. If we cut out the mistakes, we blow Jax, Indy and Miami out of the water

Please, let's not do this. This franchise has never won three in a row, and you want to talk about five straight?

One at a time.

You do whatever you want, I am stating what I think will happen. If you don't like it, stay out of the thread and don't worry about my prediction.

Cincy, Minny, and Baltimore are not teams to sleep on.

We should BLOW OUT the Lions though. They had a close game today but it was a divisional game so.

All Hail Schaub! ;)

But Minny and Baltimore worry me on the schedule. I think we can win the other three.

Balty got blown out by the Colts today, who we owned last week(minus the botched plays by Rosencopter) and Minny has been overrated since off-season. I'm not scuuured. Bring 'em on!

there isnt a game left on our schedule we are not capable of winning. tenn at home and indy on the road or our 2 toughest games.

there isnt a game left on our schedule we are not capable of winning. tenn at home and indy on the road or our 2 toughest games.

By the time that game comes around, I really doubt we win Indy. The Colts won't be down all season. We already blew our chance to beat them this year.

By the time that game comes around, I really doubt we win Indy. The Colts won't be down all season. We already blew our chance to beat them this year.
You may say this again. Did you see their game today?

Agreed. I had the @ Cleveland game to be a tough one before the season started, along with the other two you mentioned. But they are not playing as well as they were when they beat us last year, I think it will be tough roadie, but I think we can pull it out.

The Texans are 1-4. So were the '93 Oilers who reeled off 11 straight wins to finish 12-4 (only to choke in the playoffs once again however that is besides the point).

Regardless of whether we were on the rise, in decline, they were good, or they stunk we are 0'fer lifetime against all four of our next opponents.

Texans versus....

Ravens 0-1
Bengals 0-3
Lions 0-1
Vikings 0-1

I understand that the Lions and Bengals are winless. So were the Falcons last year when we rolled into town and watched Joey Harrington take us apart. Winless teams are dangerous because they can put it all together at any moment and nobody wants to be the first team to lose to them. The longer they stay winless the more pressure builds on them to win and on their opponents not to choke.

I wish the Lions had managed to get by the Vikings yesterday. I hope the Bengals find a way to win this week. It will help when we reach them in the schedule.

Those teams don't do any wildcat plays.

Don't be so sure. Since the Wildcat has worked for the Dolphins, other teams will start putting some Wildcat plays in (if they think they have the personnel to pull it off). The Browns pulled out a Wildcat last night. Look for other teams to start doing it, too.

I wouldn't mind seeing us do it. With AJ as the trigger. :)

One at a time.

agreed. It's walk the walk time for this team. Good effort/fighting hard only gets
you so far. Time to walk some folks to the back yard and make them cut a switch.

Don't be so sure. Since the Wildcat has worked for the Dolphins, other teams will start putting some Wildcat plays in (if they think they have the personnel to pull it off). The Browns pulled out a Wildcat last night. Look for other teams to start doing it, too.

I wouldn't mind seeing us do it. With AJ as the trigger. :)
I would not mind seeing us use it either.

I would not mind seeing us use it either.

Thats until a corner rams Schaub into the ground the second the ball is snapped.

I have a feeling that this a passing craze, once a QB ends up on the IR due to being lined up at WR, teams will do less of this.

Thats until a corner rams Schaub into the ground the second the ball is snapped.

I have a feeling that this a passing craze, once a QB ends up on the IR due to being lined up at WR, teams will do less of this.
It hasn't happend yet with the fins so we'll see.

Back