I think it's me.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by pancho, Sep 21, 2008.

1. pancho

pancho Rookie

So after 30 plus years, before luv ya blue, I have seen owners, coaches, players and stadiums come and go. Results the same. So after much abuse I have decided it must be me. So its over and I wish you the best. I'll try not even to notice the score. It's over.

2. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

Are you saying you're done as a Houston (Texans) Pro Football fan?

3. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

We'll miss all of your great football insights! Seriously!

4. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

Hey it's ok to ***** and moan like the rest of us but to give up means we didn't need you. Jump on that cowboys band wagon you loser

5. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

I wouldn't call him a loser. I kind of see where he is coming from. Eventually people will start to wonder what else they could be doing on a Sunday rather than watching our team lose and thinking "maybe next year."

I'm not sure he is saying he will go to another team, just that he is done with this one. Sounds like he may be done with watching football on Sundays.

6. Spike

Spike Veteran

I can empathize. It is just no fun watching football on Sundays. Even though we ended up at .500, last season was fun watching this team improve. There is nothing fun about watching this team and it just feels the same as it has felt the past couple of years.

I don't see myself ever rooting for another team...if anything, maybe just find something else to do.

7. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

Me either. For me, its more than getting tired as a fan of watching my team lose, It's more about getting tired of watching other fans celebrate their badazz teams like the patriots(maybe not this yr b/c of injury to brady), colts, steelers(remember we pounded them pre-ben qb), and as much as I hate to say it the cowboys.:thinking:

8. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Iam a texans Fan 4 life !!!!!!!!!

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I am a texans Fan 4 life ..... Until they move to another city :)

10. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

My hat is off to you for being able to endure 30 years of it, especially the last 10. I intend to be here for the duration, but you can only take so much punishment.

Best of luck

11. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

The hard part is rooting for some of those great Oiler teams only to not have football to cheer for to getting football back and watching sub .500 since the Texans came into being. I will cheer no matter what it just is such a f'ing drag to watch this kind of ball.

12. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

I agree with that. I've been a Texans fan from day one, but I also like to enjoy my days off. Like maybe tune into a another football game that just a bit more competitive?

I mean really . . . did any of the rest of you Texans fans really enjoy yourselves today? You don't there was something else you could have been doing that was just the least more enjoyable, relaxing, and entertaining. I'm mean really, did you really have any fun watching that game today? When was the last game that you did?

It's starting to get old.

13. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

Let me guess you're 27... so would you say that if you were age 55 and had 28 more seasons of missing the playoffs or getting bounced after one postseason game?

I agree with you though, I'm a texans fan for life.

14. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

and all this time i thought it was me. well glad to see you go now we can get on with the winning.

ps. if it wouldnt be to much to ask, could you become a cowboy/titan fan.

15. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

God I hated the Steelers and Bills during those years

16. gjmac2

gjmac2 Veteran

Just think about something for one minute....

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were terrible for a loooooong time. Basically, they were the league laughing stock from the early 80's until 1996 or 1997.

The Detroit Lions have been a bad football team for a long time as well.

I could go on, but the point is these things take time. It doesn't help that we started about 4 years late on developing our team. The Capers/Casserly era was a disaster, but that has already been covered to death.

If anyone wants to give up, that's fine. The NFL is full of fair weather fans. Me? I choose to stick out the rough times. It makes the winning at the end that much sweeter.

17. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

Football won't matter anymore when our economy collapses.

18. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

Wow I cant believe this is a thread, are people actually saying this after 2 games! Not only that a fan is a fan for life no matter what I will be as much as a fan as i am now!

19. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

I've never seen a single post you've made, so I really doubt the board skips a beat with you gone. You had 49 posts and didn't even bother with an avatar.
    :jogger:

20. Dancerdog

Dancerdog Rookie

I can relate to both sides. It sure gets tough on Sundays like today to watch them lose. But when they click on all cylinders, it's a blast to watch. I was an Oiler fan through the good and bad times and I'll remain a Texan fan as well. Today sure was a drag though.