I think Carr wants out of Houston

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Sudds, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Sudds

Sudds Rookie

In my opinion, I am feeling tha Carr wants out of H-Town, and I don't blame him. For 4 years now this organization has done their best to ruin his career, his confidence, and his heart. For three years, he took hit after hit and never really complained. He took shoulder injuries in stride to beat the Falcons with a heroic run that every single person on this board appreciated. He took a brand new team and gave them pride by beating the Cowboys in game #1. He took the abuse from the fans, as they poured beer on his poor wife. He has continued to get sacked, game after game, yet the only person that anyone wants to blame here is Carr himself.

Why isn't anyone blaming AJ for not getting free?
    Why isn't anyone blaming DD for doing nothing with the rushing game?
    Why isn't anyone blaming Dunta for not showing up yet?
    Or Buchanan for that matter?

Everyone wants to blame the guy who put his heart, soul, and body into this team; waiting for the brass to protect him...and yet that have failed to make any sort of move to solidify this line. No other QB in the league would be able to succeed in this system.

For those who want Carr traded to Detroit for Williams....I bet you he would die to play for Detroit.

2. LBC_Justin

LBC_Justin All Pro

First off. I like Carr and think is the right guy for this team.

I take major issue with some of your comments.
    ONE freakin fan poured beer on his wife!!! Don't make it sound like all of our fans or even more than a handful of our fans are like this. Houston like all other major cities has it's wackos, murders, rapists and criminals. That was a criminal act commited by ONE person.

I agree with you the whole team is responsible and Carr is on that list but he is not our glaring weakness or even a major problem.

3. GP

GP Go Texans!

Sudds,

Calm down.

I think you're WISHING for Carr and thinking that he feels the same way you do.

LBC is right: that was ONE person who was probably gassed from drinking too much. Yes, it was wrong...but you ain't seen nothing 'till you read stories about the fans in New York, New England, Philadelphia. The beer dunking was by far an amateur act compared to what fans of those other teams will do when they get angry with a player.

Secondly, DD scored a TD against the Stellers. He actually, and now stay with me here, CAUGHT and HELD ONTO the ball when it was thrown to him. In addition, he was like superman on some of those three or five yard runs he had. When the defense would try to tackle him, he was DRIVING his legs and churning out as much extra inches as he could on every play. I saw NO lack of effort or determination on his behalf. His blocking in the Bills game was horrid, I'll admit that, but he blocked Palamalu correctly by shoving him to the far outside and Carr made a wrong decision and ducked the wrong way into him. It was a coin flip for Carr as to which way to duck, and he chose wrong.

Thirdly, the Dunta comment is soooooooo far off-base I don;t even know what to say. I think we watched different games. He layed some solid, and technically perfect tackles out there last Sunday. Unlike Buchanon who is so far behind Dunta in talent and determination that it's scary. Dunta and DD are about the two bright spots thus far on this team.

We're all a little emotional right now, but I think your imagination might be getting the best of you right now.

Carr is loyal. Carr is dedicated. He loves this community, and this community loves him. We're all fed up with the lack of o line support, but I don;t think he would cut and run so easily. That's my opinion.

4. NFLforher

NFLforher All Pro

I agree. He also moved his whole immediate family to Texas and everyone has put down roots.

5. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Suckers! :)

I wonder if the jerk who poured beer on his wife ever reads this message board. :worm:

6. jppaul

jppaul Cut and Dry

What a jackass that guy is. If that guy is reading this right now, seriously just do the world a favor and kill yourself, by which you would be doing the entire North American gene pool a favor. Seriously just think about it.

Anyway, When Carr gets time and protection, granting his recievers are open, he delivers the ball accurately. I see no problem with our QB. I see a problem with our O-line, Wrs, and playcalling.

7. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Carr's game has regressed. And that is a problem.

8. HardKnockTexan

HardKnockTexan All Pro

The whole beer dumping incodent is rediculas. I am curious though, does anyone know for a FACT that this happend for sure??? I'm sure it did. I've heard about it from everyone and their mom's now. I'm just wondering if anyone saw it first hand... or maybe it was in the chronicle?

9. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

It happened. I don't know if anybody here saw it actually but at the time it happened there were posters here that were in direct contact with David's mother and family and it was all confirmed. I believe friends of the Carr's post here. They also spoke of it on 610 and I'm not sure David said something about it but believe me these are people close to David and they would know.

And for the record it was an isolated incident and people were very angry that it happened.

10. texanfan2002114

texanfan2002114 Subscribed Contributor

I saw it happened. I can turn around in my seats and see the Carr's suite. When everyone was booing David thats when my wife and I turned to see what Carr's family reaction was and then when saw the ***** pour his beer over the edge. Within 5 minutes the ***** was taken away and that was the last we heard of the *****.

11. Blake

Blake MMQB

Your thread title is verry misleading. Maybe a "My opinion: Carr wants out of Houston" would have been a better title.

Carr doesnt want out. Carr makes so much money playing QB for us, that he will weather the storm. Thats his bargaining chip with us. The only way I see him not being with us, is because we dont want him.

my :twocents:

12. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

I think Carr is getting tired and his son has health issues. He is a family man and if it comes down to the game or his family I doubt money will have much to do with it. Management has been promising for 4 years to really do something about the line, including the owner last year, and quite frankly if you watched the game with Buffalo or the Dallas game with Washington you will see what a difference a line can make. We have not done that so I don't know why you would put stock in the word of the coaches, management or owners of the Texans to fix the line in a way that he could have chance to become the Qb and the Team all of us want the Texans to be. Carr is not getting any younger as each day goes by. How many productive years does he have left given the beating he has taken? There are rumors of headaches. Is he done with the Texans? I really think so. He's a company man so you won't know it until it happens, but I think he will be looking to go to greener pasturers. In my opinion the owner and the coaching staff have given nothing but lip service to protecting Carr. As the original poster said Carr has given his heart and soul to this ball club and that I say because that's his nature. He complained after the Cleveland game because he was so frustrated. Again its not his nature to complain. When you hear complaints from David you know something is really bad.

I said during the preseason that nothing good had happened and we were in for the long haul. The only optomism I held out was that Mathis might become the 2nd receiver and return man we were looking for and that might add significantly to our team. Some of the other receivers that I thought were going to possibly help and make a difference were released in favor of players like Bradford and an injured Gaffny. Gaffny is a problem not because he doesn't have talent, but because I think he lost a lot due to not being unable to participate in TC. He's not the same player right now.

When you look at what is happening with this team you see you have a HEAD COACH who wants to RUN HIS SYSTEM despite what the GM has provided him. The talent Casserly has surrounded CAPERS with does not fit CAPERS mold. The result is a square peg being forced into a round hole. Doesn't work very well and that is the crux of the matter. Capers was able to fire PALMER when in reality Capers should have been handed his pink slip at the end of the game against the Steelers. Didn't happen and won't happen until the owner begins to feel the loss of revenue heat. I doubt that fan boo's are going to make much of a difference. Perhaps countless bad reviews by the chronicle might have some impact, but I doubt it. This is all about money.

David is in Fresno to participate in some functions and to be out of the way of Rita. Hopefully he will have a more pleasant time while he is here. He is certainly loved by this community. He has some business ties with his friend Trent Dilfer in this area. We also have one of the best childrens hospital in the country.

13. Bongo59

Bongo59 Veteran

.........think your wrong in your assessment............. McClain has said on Nashville radio Carr agent has told all who will listen he wants out.............but John says that many in the league think he is the problem ..................I am starting to think Carr is not a very good QB either...........the OL is a problem but QB's make plays...........and Carr makes none. Joey Harrington has better numbers and gets all the criticism............now Carr is going to get it all............the honeymoon is over nationwide..................one AFC North general manager supposed was to have said Volek who made Carr sit at Fresno state had a better yr last yr with a worse team and far worse OL(3 starters out for the yr) still had 2800 yds and 18 TD's and 12 picks..............Carr would kill for those................the OL is a problem but it is not the only problem

Vinny likes this.
  14. Texans Pride

Texans Pride Hall of Fame

Do you have any link at all to back this statement up?

Elite likes this.
  15. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

Betcha Al Davis could find another player to trade to the Texans for Carr. Perhaps another one in the mold of Buchannon. I might even venture to say that Dallas might be interested. I guess everyone has their opinions, but then things happen like they do with players like Drew. Of course he got better when his line was fixed too. I guess that is surprising though.

Elite likes this.
  16. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

17. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Elite likes this.
  18. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

sorry, i meant to quote edo's entire thing.

19. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

Its like Volick vs Carr at Fresno State. Fresno has a tradition of playing there senior people at QB. Carr was not better than Volick when he 1st arrived and Fresno was running a Veer offense which was more suited to the running ability of Volick. When Volick left so did the Veer.

Quite Frankly I believe most of the QB's in the NFL are capable of being very good QB's if they have receivers and are afforded the protection of an offensive line. In the recent past Oakland was on the verge of being a SB winner, but people figured out how to get through the O-line to Gannon. When that happend Gannon became just a so-so QB and was never the same again. Confidence is a big part of completing the pass. You loose it in a hurry when you are being sacked and pressured all of the time. Remember, the word is PRESSURING the QB and sacking him if you get a chance. That's why the discussion of the line being fixed on this Web site is a lot of BS, because there is intense pressure on Carr in addition to the sacks. As many sacks as there are there would be more if the ball wasn't gotten rid of. Their is no time to generate an offense with the offensive line we have. The play is broken before the ball is ever hiked.

20. Bongo59

Bongo59 Veteran