Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

I realized something...

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
We scored 35 points on a team that was only allowing an average of 14.3 ppg and held Indy to only 19 points while not allowing Peyton to throw a TD at all, and yet Matt throws 2 on them. I also gather they had one of the best rushing defenses and we scored 3 rushing TDs including a 38 yarder by Derrick Ward.

It also felt nice to be the team that couldn't be held down all game. After so many lead losing losses last year, I can appreciate our team coming from behind in the last 4 minutes to win.

We scored 35 points on a team that was only allowing an average of 14.3 ppg and held Indy to only 19 points while not allowing Peyton to throw a TD at all, and yet Matt throws 2 on them. I also gather they had one of the best rushing defenses and we scored 3 rushing TDs including a 38 yarder by Derrick Ward.

It also felt nice to be the team that couldn't be held down all game. After so many lead losing losses last year, I can appreciate our team coming from behind in the last 4 minutes to win.

But they did it ugly. And the defense sucks. So quit being happy about the win.

But they did it ugly. And the defense sucks. So quit being happy about the win.

I hope that I'm missing a joke in your statement somewhere. Either way none of this is directed towards you.

I seriously doubt that any come from behind win is ever beautiful. Funny because we always admire Peyton for his ability to never be out of a game because of him alone. We have a QB that has had that ability and we dis it because of the performance of the whole team instead of saying how we won despite the teams performance. Matter of fact, all we here from the VY jockers is that "He just wins" regardless of his ability to actually play the postion like everyone is used to from a standard QB. I guess that is the difference between a winner and a loser mentality. Last year, I doubt highly that Peyton Manning ever said:

'We didn't destroy The Texans like we should've with an awesome airial attack that put us in the record books or a ground game that just pulverized their defense, our defense didn't dominate so I hate this win and would like to give it back to The Texans because they deserved the win.'

Instead I saw him say things like 'Glad we got out of there with a win, despite how we played. We will just try to make our adjustments and get ready for a very hard game vs so and so..'

Coming from an old Oiler fan, it's nice to be on this side of the comeback games. If we do make the playoffs, and say we get out of the first round with a come from behind win against a team with a good defense, I want all those people who don't like those kind of victories to send me their tickets for the next round.

My point is, it is hard to win in this league. Colts barely beat Washington, Minn barely got passed a Dallas team that played poorly too, among other games.

I hope that I'm missing a joke in your statement somewhere. Either way none of this is directed towards you.

I seriously doubt that any come from behind win is ever beautiful. Funny because we always admire Peyton for his ability to never be out of a game because of him alone. We have a QB that has had that ability and we dis it because of the performance of the whole team instead of saying how we won despite the teams performance. Matter of fact, all we here from the VY jockers is that "He just wins" regardless of his ability to actually play the postion like everyone is used to from a standard QB. I guess that is the difference between a winner and a loser mentality. Last year, I doubt highly that Peyton Manning ever said:

'We didn't destroy The Texans like we should've with an awesome airial attack that put us in the record books or a ground game that just pulverized their defense, our defense didn't dominate so I hate this win and would like to give it back to The Texans because they deserved the win.'

Instead I saw him say things like 'Glad we got out of there with a win, despite how we played. We will just try to make our adjustments and get ready for a very hard game vs so and so..'

Coming from an old Oiler fan, it's nice to be on this side of the comeback games. If we do make the playoffs, and say we get out of the first round with a come from behind win against a team with a good defense, I want all those people who don't like those kind of victories to send me their tickets for the next round.

My point is, it is hard to win in this league. Colts barely beat Washington, Minn barely got passed a Dallas team that played poorly too, among other games.

You my friend are correct.

A win is never ugly. How they achieve the win could be fraught with ugly, and maybe even stinky, but the win itself is always a thing of beauty.

I see your point on this too. Its something we don't see very often/at all because usually its lights out for us or we just happen to hand our asses over to the other team on a silver platter. Peyton fans don't usually sweat his comebacks because well, he's Peyton. Maybe its things to come this season, but I'd rather not see it too often because sometimes it can bite you when you really need it. But, if it means winning then OK lets win, but I'd rather get ahead early and close strong.

I think we've developed into one of those teams where opposing fans say "You can't keep giving Matt Schaub the ball and expect to win the game."

We used to say it every time Peyton or Brady came from behind on us. Oh how the tables have turned.

Reactions: JB
I think we've developed into one of those teams where opposing fans say "You can't keep giving Matt Schaub the ball and expect to win the game."

We used to say it every time Peyton or Brady came from behind on us. Oh how the tables have turned.

Wow! That's right. Other teams & fans are now worried about the Texans! :woot2: :fans:

Wow! That's right. Other teams & fans are now worried about the Texans! :woot2: :fans:

Well, any team in the NFL that doesn’t take our offense very seriously isn’t living in the real world.

As to our defense......the less said the better I suppose.

You know that part of the game where Schaub isn't on the field, and you mentally add 7 points to the other teams score and go start a load of laundry.

Or go to the store because you know they're going to put up an 8:00 drive.

Luckily Schaub only needs about 1:30 to drive 80 yards for 6. :texflag:

DEFENSE WHAT DEFENSE?
:texflag:

You know that part of the game where Schaub isn't on the field, and you mentally add 7 points to the other teams score and go start a load of laundry.

Or go to the store because you know they're going to put up an 8:00 drive.

Luckily Schaub only needs about 1:30 to drive 80 yards for 6. :texflag:

Ahh, refill time! :shots:
p_bonghit-1.gif
...:D

Peyton fans don't usually sweat his comebacks because well, he's Peyton.

Not exactly..... you should visit one of the Colts forums after a loss. It's rare... rare... but they're as bad as we are. They will tear into the aszes of every player on the team. You have your Saturday fans, & those who believe it's time to put hoss out to pasture. Fans that don't believe Manning should be off-limits. Fans who believe their DC needs to be fired.... etc....

They don't worry about the Colts vs Texans, because they feel pretty good we'll shoot ourselves in the foot like we've been doing for the last 8 years.

I would say we are developing... into one of those teams.

Hopefully we won't have to do that too often, but when we need to, we need to.

Well, any team in the NFL that doesn’t take our offense very seriously isn’t living in the real world.

As to our defense......the less said the better I suppose.

Well let's hope our offense keeps Peyton on the bench... & our defense too.

I wish our D would just be crazy. If they score, they score. We can't stop anyone anyway, and quick TD's aren't as demoralizing as 8 minute drives.

I got this feeling, we are going to get a pick 6 this next game vs. Indy and that is going to change things for the D.

Nice thread El Tejano.
I liked how everyone was saying how we wouldn't be able to do anything through the air, since Peyton couldn't. We lit the Chiefs up, and their defense looked like, well the Texans defense out there. That gives me hope that we will be able to move the ball well against the Ravens and Jets as well.

If the offense could only play like they're down by a lot in every game, we'd look pretty good.

Nice thread El Tejano.

I was listening to Sirius NFL channel and Moving The Chains was on. There was this KC fan who appearantly calls in alot and they were going on and on about how this loss was still a good loss for KC because they showed they can hold a high powered offense down, even if they didn't do it for the whole game and how that is a sign of improvement etc....

So another thing I realized is we are no longer that team. This year our victories are victories and our losses are losses. No moral victories anymore.

Back