]"I play angry every week." Maybe more of us should play like that."

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans34Life, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Texans34Life

Texans34Life I BLEED TEXANS!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5252377.html

Looks like Dunta's frustration is boiling over.

I know he brings it every Sunday, but there are others who the team has invested in so much $ and time, but don't put forth the effort.

2. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

There is a lack of heart on the team IMO. 14 hours after the end of the game and my frustartion and anger hasn't subsided much.

A good workout this morning at the gym ought to clear things up, and it is a beautiful day outside, so maybe there is hope...

3. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

I think Dunta should be in charge of interviewing potential new hires and players.

Dunta: "If we're down by 3 points, how badly do you want to hit someone?" "If we're down 30 points how badly do you want to hit someone?" "If we're winning by 3 points how badly do you want to hit some one?" "If we're winning by 30 how badly do you want to hit someone?"

I bet if they didn't answer with "Untill they're too scared to play anymore" or something to that effect Dunta would not let them on the team.

4. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

I've got tons of respect for dunta & though i couldn't blame him, I'm terrified that he might look elsewhere. Dude just talks like he's going to be on the first thing smoking once his rookie contract is up here.

5. dskillz

dskillz Veteran

When is Dunta's contract up? There is no way I would re-sign here. He deserves to go somewhere else and win.

6. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Dunta isn't going anywhere whether he likes it or not. He is a corner stone of the defense and the only bright spot in the secondary. They will franchise him if they have to.

7. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Should be coming up here soon in the next year or so. & for our sake i hope he pitys' us & stays.

8. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I'd play anybody deemed nasty .

I'd cut most players who've been here over two years .... losing and getting paid is so much easier .

I'd take more chances on guys with blemishes on their record .

I'd look for guys with a mean streak in the draft . Intense looks good on a football resume also .

I would like more SEC players . A guy who starts in the trenches in that conference is tough .

We need safety's who'll knock a reciever senseless . There is no fear for a reciever in our secondary ... except for Dunta .

We need two LB's who are mean , agile , and hostile .

We need a DT who is not around 300 lb like Okoye , TJ , and Maddux . Why do we have so many duplicate players ?

We need our OL to take it personally when the QB gets mauled . Get a 15 yd penalty if you have to ... show you care .

We need to change the persona of this team . If it takes bringing in Marty , Cowher , hell I'd take Tom Coughlin to kick these guys into something we can be proud of .

I hate this because I'm not a team jumper , I'd rather find something else to do .

I guess this means Dorsey with the 4th pick in the 1st round .

9. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I wonder if Bill Cohwer is interested in getting back into coaching again. :texflag:

10. TigerV1

TigerV1 All Pro

I certainly hope not.

11. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I have a bad feeling Dunta is going to split once his contract is up. Some guys are winners, some guys play for contracts. Dunta plays to win, and he obviously can't do that in houston

12. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Why do we need a great coach when we have Kubes? Why do we need a Franchise QB when we have Carr? GET REAL PORKY!!11!

13. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

This was the best quote out of all the postgame interviews. Demeco Ryans also said that his teammmates needed to be "accountable", which about made me throw up cause it made me think of Dom Capers.

14. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

Frustrated Vinny? lol As much as I like Kubiak I would love to see Bill Cowher here. I know it will not happen and I even hate thinking like that but I'm frustrated with the coaching and players. I still love my Texans. But as fans that's what we do. We try to think of how to improve the team that we love so we can stop getting our asses kicked each week.

Back to the thread......

I like seeing this fire from Dunta, I wish everyone on this team had his attitude.....

15. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

Any way I can email or write Dunta and tell him how much it means to me for him to be on this team?

16. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

2008 - $545,000
    2009 - free agent
    They need to give that guy a raise.

Link

17. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

Dunta Robinson
    The Houston Texans
    Two Reliant Park
    Houston, Texas 77054

There is a way to email but for the life of me I can't remember right now - give me a few hours - the old brain ain't firing this morning.

18. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Dunta is going to fly, if we don't start winning most our good players are going to.

The losing mentality has set in and alot of people thought after the first two weeks it was gone, but it wasn't. We are the new Cardinals, Lions, and Bengals. This is the most mentally soft team I have ever seen in my life. You can look back now at the Colts game and ESPECIALLY THE FALCONS GAME and tell as soon as they dropped those games the team was pretty much.........."oh sh*t, here we go again".......what do you know, there's my lovable losers, gee you guys had me fooled the first two weeks.

I am becoming so burnt out, four more years of this and what will we have to show.......

A DECADE OF STRAIGHT SUCKAGE.

19. mridge01

mridge01 Veteran

I was just checking, who was it that gave up a 44 yard pass play to Roydell Williams with less than 40 seconds to go and third and long last week against the Titans up by 1 point? Sure looked like no. 23. He's just as guilty of the rest. Let him walk, it's not like it will make a difference.

20. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

At least with regards to attitude, we need four more Kasey Studdards and we need all five of them to see the field.