I need anti-cowboy information

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Grid, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

So, I finished my other speech... and its time to do another.

This one has to be a persuasive speech, and i decided to do it on "Why you should be a Texans fan, and not a Cowboy fan".. since there are alot of cowboy fans up here where i am.

So what I need is dirt on the cowboys. Arrests, mugshots, incriminating pictures, anything that would make a cowboy fan hang his head in shame :).

I also need info.. such as their record since the introduction of the salary cap.. and how they came to be called "America's Team"

So any help yall could give me would be appreciated :).. its for a good cause.

2. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/DD/xod2.html

"America's team" was dubbed by nfl films Bob Ryan (not to belief that the Cowboys did it themselves),but he did a film on the1978 cowboys and found out that the Cowboys rivaled the Yankees as in people either loved to watch them win or loved to watch them lose.. but they would be watched. It was either Summeral or Madden that said when they would nationalize games late in the season if two teams were scheduled to play and the networks realized that the ratings wouldn't be high because of the foreseen records.. One of those guys said that if the Cowboys were put in the same timeslot..you put the Cowboys even if they do go through a 5 win season,because people love to kick them when they are down
    http://www.indopedia.org/Dallas_Cowboys.html

3. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

4. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

whoops..posted in wrong thread :)

thanks for the info so far. Anyone else have anything? a mugshot or two would be priceless up there on the big screen when im giving my speech :)

5. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

6. Huge

Huge Hall of Fame

I can give the low-down on how they became "America's Team".

How soon do you need it?

7. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Speech is Thursday... any info you can give me by tommorrow night would be great

8. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

Here's a mugshot of Dwayne Goodrich.

[​IMG]

9. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

cool :) thanks

10. Huge

Huge Hall of Fame

11. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

This should be a lesson to those who hate them: STOP WATCHING THEM! :dangit:

12. DFAN

DFAN Veteran

They cant. Thats why they went 6-10 last year and they have 2 Monday night games and a sunday night game. Like or hate'em, people still watch them. Either because you are a fan or your not and you hope to see them lose. Just like Madden said if you want ratings put the Cowboys on.

13. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

The Cowboys are on TV the same reason the Yankee's are on. People love to see them fail and lose. Dont be too flatered that you get MNF games.

14. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Monday Night Football won't waste their time if they didn't get good ratings on the Cowboys games. It's all about $$ and the Cowboys are $$ in the bank. Just like the Steelers and Raiders are irregardless of records.

15. DFAN

DFAN Veteran

Isn't that what I said? If the Texans get 3 prime time games in a year it wouldnt FLATER you just a little? No matter what the reason?

Every poll you see the Boys are voted the most hated team in the NFL and the most liked team in the NFL. That = ratings.

16. Huge

Huge Hall of Fame

Probably explains why you can find Dallas in the top 10 in merchandise sales every year as well. All the haters are buying up the jerseys to burn at taligates. :rolleyes:

17. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

No I wouldnt be flattered cause that means my team has done something to lose respect from the fans of the NFL.

It's a well known team. You will be surprised how many people walk around in NFL, MLB and NBA gear and only wear it cause it is well known and have no other reason to know it. My sister is an example, she has a couple of Red Soxs shirts that she wears. She couldnt name one person on the team, she doesnt watch baseball but she wears the gear.

18. HowBoutThemCowboys!

HowBoutThemCowboys! All Pro

So if the Texans get 3 Primetime games they've done something to lose the respect of fans?

Your sister isn't the majority of fans in the world.

19. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

Cool! :cool: But,I would rather go shopping.

20. DFAN

DFAN Veteran

What? I suppose you're talking about the 90's Cowboys and all the off the field problems. I hope you really dont think that's the reason people hate teh Cowboys. It was like way before the 90's Cowboys. It's always been a love or hate thing with the Cowboys.

Like or not they do have the biggest fan base than any other team in the NFL. ON the opposite side of that they have the biggest disliked as fan base as any other team in the NFL. People can use any excuse they want but it isnt the off the field problems the Cowboys had that cause the hate, may be some but not much. It's a little thing called jealously . Thats why people love to see them fail. I had these debates before the off the field issues was even a issue.